Is it better to storm egypt or just ttake trans-jordan on G1

• what i usually do is storm egypy but attacking trans jordan could also be nice as it still blocks the british pacific fleet (for a while) while not as risky as egypt. also it meas taking egypt the next go with more guys and less risk.

• It might be safer, but I think its a good idea to not let the british fighter survive. I Vote Egypt.

• @CptnKeener:

It might be safer, but I think its a good idea to not let the british fighter survive. I Vote Egypt.

Like he said, if the fighter from Egypt survives then the UK attacks the German fleet on UK1 with 2 ftrs and 1 bomber and sends it to the bottom of the Mediterranean. Plus remaining planes land back on Egypt and the UK can ship 2 infantry there to help defending it against the Germans.

• Another alternative to attacking Egypt is to put 6 units next to Egypt (2 from transport, plus 4 already in Africa) in RD1 and purchase a carrier.  For protection you can fly in Japanese fighters from the pacific carrier in RD1.    As long as you take out  British destroyer & cruiser in Germany RD1 you will be able to funnel troops to Africa.

• @njnets25:

Another alternative to attacking Egypt is to put 6 units next to Egypt (2 from transport, plus 4 already in Africa) in RD1 and purchase a carrier.  For protection you can fly in Japanese fighters from the pacific carrier in RD1.    As long as you take out  British destroyer & cruiser in Germany RD1 you will be able to funnel troops to Africa.

THe British can still sink the German fleet on UK1 with the bomber from UK, the fighter from the carrier (the carrier crosses the Suez on non-combat for the fighter to land, if it has survived) and the fighter from Egypt.
    But the 6 German units should be enough to take control of Africa, unless the Allies land on Algeria.

• @njnets25:

Another alternative to attacking Egypt is to put 6 units next to Egypt (2 from transport, plus 4 already in Africa) in RD1 and purchase a carrier.  For protection you can fly in Japanese fighters from the pacific carrier in RD1.    As long as you take out  British destroyer & cruiser in Germany RD1 you will be able to funnel troops to Africa.

I have seen used very similar strategy against me. The Germans sunk my med ships with the planes, purchased AC and a tran. Of course, I was not able to sink AC, BB and 2figs as Hobbes suggests but I was still a happy player because what Germany put on water equaled to 7inf and was doomed sooner or later anyway.

It was actually sooner as he made the mistake of spliting the two ships R2 and the AC was sunk by bomber and the 3figs (one landed in Moscow for that purpose R1). UK took Berlin R6. Otherwise I would move my three UK figs I bought R1 and the other one I got from the start to Moscow R2 to sink him R3 with airforce of a bmb and 7figs if he only dared to enter the SZ15 anymore. Yes UK can have this on R3 if Germany is not attacking AE and UK is not wasteful.

Meantime an allied fleet consisting of 2BB (one UK, as I take norway on russian R1 so that it cannot be destroyed), DD, 2AC, 4 figs, cru, sub could enter the SZ 12 R3 completing the trap. Germans will lose everything on the water R4 the latest.

• @Granada:

I have seen used very similar strategy against me. The Germans sunk my med ships with the planes, purchased AC and a tran. Of course, I was not able to sink AC, BB and 2figs as Hobbes suggests but I was still a happy player because what Germany put on water equaled to 7inf and was doomed sooner or later anyway.

And I suggested wrongly. I apologize because I just realized that I completely misread the post and didn’t account for the German carrier. In that situation yeah, G will have a nice fleet that the Allies won’t be able to do much about for some turns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m