• My buddy is playing the oddest Germany.  He had a close opportunity and took England G2 by giving up all his airforce and has held it since thanks to some naval movements.

Japan built more transports J1 and attacking the UK and America J2 going a step too far in taking the Philippines, but getting one of the DEI, killing the Indian transports and taking Malaya. Next turn built a major complex there.  Further away from the Americans who are using wake and the other one of theirs as effective air bases.

Things are THIN for Japan.  Russia could be opening China back up but then would be sacrificing its push towards Poland. The 18 infantry are facing off with 7 or 8 Japanese units one square back from fighter range.

The Americans were splitting their money Pacific heavy (to kill me lol) but now seem worried about the Germans.  They have tons of transports and fellas but really need more airplanes after an AA gun in England culled their herd.

England has actually been a pain.  On G1 they rolled pretty well and it filled them with too much confidence.  Killed the Italian Navy, built a new plane, cared about Africa, that type of thing.

Italy has been a non factor.

The two biggest tactical decisions by the Axis were:

Seeing Australia and England go heavy for the DEI which opened up Malaya and the others there instead of the usual island money grab.

Germany moving into Russia G2 to back Russia up while taking territory they had no intention of holding since they saw the American transports out of position and thanks to builds in the east fairly unsupported to re-take England IF that darned sea lion attack went well.

I just noticed how THIN the board looks compared to when the Allies win.  My factory in Malaya appears immune to the American landings and coupled with a landing in Alaska the American Navy is out of position now.

• '10

A major complex in Malaya or Kwangtung seems to bee a good idea.

The existing harbours will give you more range and a bigger choice of production.

• Kwangtung has to be better in most games.  Just something about how far forward the Americans were made me want to get away from them so I could keep killing Chinese also.  Malaya is nice and close to Africa and Australia as well

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m