German Strategy: Mediterranean Offensive

• @Gargantua:

Put units on the eastern front in offensive positions, that although look offensive are really Defensive.

Russia usually backs off and leaves a 1 inf buffer.

If it makes sense like it did for me, attack the buffer intelligently, but if it looks ugly,  Then just DONT attack on Germany 4.  You still get + 5 IPC’s for not being at war, you buy yourself an EXTRA turn against Russia, because likely since you’ve planned for a defence he can’t attack any of your territories, and if he does, you have Defenders advantagee.

No one seems to predict, that G4 moves might not encompass an attack on Russia.  Depending on how Russia’s defense is aligned aswell, you can head north or south.

Coupling that option with a mediterranean strategy, is not necessarily a bad idea.  The only outstanding concern is the Russia navy, but chances are it’s suicide for him to attack you too.

I concur, with intelligent placing of German units on the eastern front i see no reason why you could not put of the invasion of USSR, which would help in strengthening locations and getting Strat Bombers and other military resources into position.

While ofcourse the US/UK forces are a threat, the UK should be less so, as proposed before German subs should be hitting supply lines hard and Axis troops should be pushing through to South Africa and Troops permitting even into the Sudan and across to UK controlled India. Overall the aim is to ensure when the landings do happen the only player will only really be the US and with the troops Germany has been building for the previous 4 turns should be in a position to repel the first landings, combined with Destroyer blocks should hopefully mire US forces.

I’m aware that US IPC is still larger than (though they have to purchase fleet and air support to safely get them across the ocean) Germany however hopefully the greater cooperation between the Axis in Africa can only prove to make Italy stronger back in Europe and much more capable of adding real support for the Axis to fight against Allied assault in europe.

Though as you suggest the USSR fleet could be perhaps (most likely  :roll:) a problem, untill i actually try a game i can’t really see what numbers will be involved on both sides, though i actually wanted to get a chance to play Allies in our next game i’m itching to get another go at playing the Germans

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m