• DrLarsen,

I’m not too worried about infantry - but tanks I do care about. 6 apiece is not much.

• you’l love them so much you wont need more than 12, cuz you’ll have a million red chips

• $40 per set including shipping, I don’t think so.

• @DrLarsen:

How do we know what our AAA.org discount code is?

The $5 off code is Rommel

• @Shakespeare:

$40 per set including shipping, I don’t think so.

I agree this does seem kind of steep any chance that the price will be lower for any of the future sets?

• I would assume if when they complete the set of all the nations, buying them together will get you a price break. Id bet on that.

• '10

The unit count is based on giving MORE than the stock pieces while keeping the price reasonable.  It is actually 24 Infantry and 12 Tanks (Two types of each).  The unit list is final as that is how many can be produced in the largest possible mould.

The SPECIAL SURPRISE will be included in the “Extras” set with ICs, Task force markers, Bases etc…

The price is as low as it can possibly go to fund the next set.

Consider this: If you look at the competition, you are getting more for your unit dollar at a quality untouchable by anyone in the industry.

• you are getting more for your unit dollar at a quality untouchable by anyone in the industry.

Thats true.  Maybe you can sell your sets to WOTC so they can have a properly equipped Italy for a change. They are actually moving backwards with respect to Italian dedicated units.

• '10

@spartan:

@Shakespeare:

$40 per set including shipping, I don’t think so.

I agree this does seem kind of steep any chance that the price will be lower for any of the future sets?

Once they are all complete, you will be able to purchase them in a COMBO saving a bit off each set.

HOWEVER:  The speed of completion was in our court for the LOOOOONG process of making this happen.  Once Italy is released the project moves to the community, holding out for the FULL SET may delay the funding of each national set and slow the release.  We are not Millionaires…  just big AAA fans with a production company.

• $30 a set seems like a bargain to me!

• '10

@reloader-1:

$30 a set seems like a bargain to me!

You can’t make everyone happy.  If I even charged my company minimum wage for the time taken on this project, and the fact that all the profits from our very popular COMBAT DICE product have been going to this rather than back in my pocket….  they would cost over $100 a set!

The price WAS $39.99…  I lowered it as far as I could go without losing my shirt.

• @reloader-1:

$30 a set seems like a bargain to me!

For 120+ pieces of this quality, I agree!  A HUGE  bargain compared to the competition!

Seriously, for those who would complain about $30 + shipping for these pieces, look up the cost of any other companies replacement pieces.  If you just want “more pieces” then you’re better off simply buying another copy of A&A 1942 for additional units.

If you want more variety and higher quality in those extra pieces (as so many obviously do based on the amount of product available already) then this is far and above the best bang for your buck.

• Didnt quite understand your reply to: Why do the units total up to 150 pcs, but it says theItalians will have 138 pcs? :?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Consider this: If you look at the competition, you are getting more for your unit dollar at a quality untouchable by anyone in the industry.

Sorry if it is already asked, but this miniatures will be made of hard plastic, like AA?

• Customizer

I am VERY happy with the $29.99 price tag.  Heck, I would have paid the $39.99 they had up there so as far as I’m concerned, FMG just gave us a $10 off bonus.  As for all of you cheapies out there complaining that this is too high, you obviously fail to understand the immense investment FMG is making in this project just to get it going.  The cost of creating the detailed sculpts, making the molds to make these pieces and finding a factory that will work with you in creating all of this, not to mention having to go back on some pieces to fix them (like the Italian bomber), is simply enormous.  Plus, it isn’t like FMG is sitting back like Donald Trump, just raking in cash and laughing at all of us.  They are a small company that specializes in strategy games and accessories ran by people who like to play these games as much as the rest of us do.  Heck, it isn’t like they had the money just sitting around to start this.  They had to use money from combat dice and other A&A sales to fund the start up of this project.  All FMG is trying to do here is get back the money they spent for getting Italy going and to fund the Germans.  The more Italy sets they sell, the more able they will be able to fund Germany.  So, in a way, we are ALL investors in this project.  Do you want to see German units?  Do you want to see USA?  How about Russia, or France, or Canada?  Then you HAVE to get into this now!  Try thinking of it not as “Too much money for little plastic pieces” but more as helping to assure that future nations combat pieces see the light of day, maybe even ones that you personally would like to see.  Also, I’m sure the price will eventually decline.  This is a BRAND NEW item.  Almost everything that comes out is a little higher right at first then goes down after time when the factories get used to making them and the molds are already there.  For Example:  take DVD players.  When DVDs were still new, you had to pay $500+ to get a simple DVD player – no recording, no hi-def, no blue-ray – just simple DVD playing ability.  Now days, you can get a good quality DVD player for less than $100.  It just takes a little time.  So get on the bandwagon and pay what you consider “a little more” now so we can all keep this project funded and eventually see all the nations.

I am also mostly happy with the new line-up.  Personally, I would prefer 12 of each type of tank and I would have liked to see more transports, but overall it is a fine line-up.  By the way FMG, I come up with 150 piece count too.

• $30.00 a set is not bad considering how many individual pieces your getting. Plus the quality. Its just alittle crazy when i think about how much money i will invest in this game to get all the countries. The good thing is you can buy 1 set at a time. If i had to buy the whole thing at once, i might hasitate. by the way, maybe i am not up to speed but what color is the Italy pieces going to be?

• '10

@eggsaladsandwich:

Didnt quite understand your reply to: Why do the units total up to 150 pcs, but it says theItalians will have 138 pcs? :?

Sorry, I checked.  The site is updated.  it is 150 units.

• '10

@lnmajor:

$30.00 a set is not bad considering how many individual pieces your getting. Plus the quality. Its just alittle crazy when i think about how much money i will invest in this game to get all the countries. The good thing is you can buy 1 set at a time. If i had to buy the whole thing at once, i might hasitate. by the way, maybe i am not up to speed but what color is the Italy pieces going to be?

The final product will be brown to match the ITALY COMBAT DICE

• 150 pieces / $29.99 = 0.20¢ per piece.

That is unbelievably cheap.

Think about it, there are other sellers selling 48 pieces for $12.

• @reloader-1:

150 pieces / $29.99 = 0.20¢ per piece.

That is unbelievably cheap.

Think about it, there are other sellers selling 48 pieces for $12.

And others I have seen that sell individual pieces for $2-4 each.  And people buy them!  :-o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m