Which would you rather have a mech inf and tank or 3 inf and 1 dollar left over

• i was wondering which is considered abetter buy 'cauce im starting a game soon and ive never played g40 before.

• Depends on situation

• himm well lets say you germany or russia which would you pick?

• Again, it depends. For example, Russia may buy the mech and inf if the front line is far away, but would buy inf for max defense if the front is close

• The question is irrelevant. There are so many other factors to look at when purchasing that the ‘which is more efficient’ debate is not the primary issue. Different for each power. Look at limits for 1 example. Limits in transport capacity, Minor IC, how many turns to the front, what round is it. This is just one thing, there are so many others to look at also.

• 3 inf are better on both attack and defense, but tank/mechs have mobility and can get to the front twice as fast. Additionally, tanks rasie a tac’s attack to 4, so that is another of their advantages

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

build a fighter.

• 2 INF 1 ART

Same price….more punch

My standard combos are

1 Tank 1 Mech = 10
    2 INF 1 ART = 10
    2 INF 1 ART 1 Tank = 16 (2 Transports Loaded)

• It really does depend on the situation.  Need to hurry folks to a front a few turns away?  Buy the mech inf and tank.

Landing on an island and have one transport?  Buy a tank and inf.  Best bang after suffering 1 casualty.

Defending and have only 9 bucks? Lets see
    3 Infantry……
    1 avg hit 1st round of defense, lets say you loose one…
    .67 hits second round, loose another…
    .33 hits last round, loose the last
    Gives you 2 hits.

Tank and inf defending…
    .5+.33=.83 hits first round, loose one…
    .5 hits second round, loose one.
    1.33 hits total

Over the course of this game the map is soooo big I love the speed of the tank.  They also defend well in captured territories and on transports or where your build capacity is limited tanks gain importance.

Transport attack math
    1 artillery 1 inf
    .67 hits first round, loose inf
    .33 hits second round, loose artillery.
    avg 1 hit.

1 tank 1 inf
    .5 + .33 = .83 hits 1st round, loose the inf (.33)
    .5 second round, loose one
    1.33 hits.

It DOES cost more to build the tank and inf though.

With Germany my infantry/art/mech/tank purchase rate is
    6inf, 1 art, 1 mech, 1 tank.  I LOVE the fast moving tanks.  Sometimes I plop 3 tanks down in Lenningrad if there is a big attack pending the next turn.

Russia?
    Probably 8 inf, 1 art, 1 mech.  Sometimes I build a tank.  Perhaps .5 tanks per turn lol.

• @oztea:

2 INF 1 ART

Same price….more punch

My standard combos are

1 Tank 1 Mech = 10
    2 INF 1 ART = 10
    2 INF 1 ART 1 Tank = 16 (2 Transports Loaded)

Sounds pretty standard to the way that I play as well. I love Inf / Art combos.

• I selected other: 2 Inf and an artillery.

• @CraigBee:

I selected other: 2 Inf and an artillery.

Second that. Unless if you need speed: mech+art+2 ipc to spend next round on some more mech+inf+art

• That depends on which units you are running low.

Sometimes infantry is the logical choice to build (especially if you have too many single arty pieces runing amok…)

• it depends on the timing and which country. early in the game, as germany, i would buy 2 inf and one art. later in the game i might buy the tank, mech combo to get them to the front lines faster.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m