• More a Tactic than a strategy.

If, at the end of a combat round against France G1, there are just one or two French units left, Germany can consider a retreat.  Now Italy captures France turn one.  As long as you’ve built a carrier and two transports to threaten Sea Lion, UK won’t dare send enough air support to hold France.

Of course lacking the twenty three extra IPCs, Germany must abandon any thoughts of a turn three Sea Lion, but that gets Japan into India all the faster.  This, coupled with the enormous boost to the Italian economy, should be enough to crush the Middle East and Africa.

Would anyone do this if they opportunity arouse?

• but that gets Japan into India all the faster

Why that ?

As long as you’ve built a carrier and two transports to threaten Sea Lion, UK won’t dare send enough air support to hold France.

Of course lacking the twenty three extra IPCs, Germany must abandon any thoughts of a turn three Sea Lion

So spending all your IPC on G1 for Naval and missing to collect the IPC from Paris
    sounds like a very bad Idea for me ! Thats double loss of IPC for Germany…
    You have to delay your attack on Russia for at least 1 Turn or maybe 2 turns.
    Not good since Russia has more income in Global.

• OMG I wouldn’t build naval just for the odd chance that I could do this.  The battle in France has to go just right.  I build navy either because I want to pull a turn three Sea Lion or to force UK to build all men, to help secure the Baltic from Allied incursion, and to gain momentum later against Northern Russia.  read my turn three Sea Lion thread!

Forgoing Seas Lion gets Japan into India faster beacuse Japan has to sandbag if you’re pulling Sea Lion.

The French bounty is not lost to Germany, just given to Italy.  But I don’t know if it’s better there.

• OK,

read my turn three Sea Lion thread!

Maybe you should´ve mentioned this in the first place  :-D
    B/c I think it all depends on your long term strategy

The French bounty is not lost to Germany, just given to Italy.

We have a different opinion here…
    but well it depends on what your plan is,
    taking complete africa or can opener in Russia.

Forgoing Seas Lion gets Japan into India faster beacuse Japan has to sandbag if you’re pulling Sea Lion.

Sorry but I don´t understand this term  :|

• @Arminius:

We have a different opinion here…

This is the stuff i want t discuss.  I don’t know if the money is better in German hands or Italian.  Why do you think it’s better in Germany?

@Arminius:

but well it depends on what your plan is,
    taking complete africa or can opener in Russia.

I like to conquor Arfica, but the sooner this is done the sooner the Italian forces can help in Europe.

@Arminius:

Forgoing Seas Lion gets Japan into India faster because Japan has to sandbag if you’re pulling Sea
    Lion.

Sorry but I don´t understand this term  :|

Sandbagging means not playing your best - purposely weighing yourself down.  If you want t keep Sea Lion an option, Japan shouldn’t declare war till turn four (maybe three).

• Why do you think it’s better in Germany?

Well the boost helps alot if you want to attack Russia on G2 (G3) while they are “weak”.
    (Need to build an IC in Romania or upgrade the one in Germany)
    Let Italy taking Paris means (for me) to delay moving Italian troops to the Balkans and Cairo.

I like to conquor Arfica, but the sooner this is done the sooner the Italian forces can help in Europe.

For me africa ends at cario, the simple goal is to hold it and prepare for the US fleet to come. The logistics and troops for invading terriotories south of sahra didn´t´t pay off in IPC or strategic value. Only endless coasts you cannot defend.

Sandbagging means not playing your best - purposely weighing yourself down.  If you want t keep Sea Lion an option, Japan shouldn’t declare war till turn four (maybe three).

Understand it, thx for clarification

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m