Can a carrier be chosen as a casualty if it sentences a plane to death?

• See of i can summarize the situation.

If the germans expend full movement of a carrier and two planes to attack an american fleet of a battleship and destroyer in the mid atlantic, zone 102 for example, can the germans choose their carrier as the first casualty? This dooms the german planes to certain death.

• Official Q&A

Yes, they can.

• yes they can, but if you choose a carrier as a casualty, then the attacking force can retreat without fighting anymore and your planes are dead

• @Krieghund:

Yes, they can.

Is it possibile to have kamikaze aircrafts? Let me explain: can i use aircrafts to conduct attacks at sea that they have no possibility of return?

• @Stefano1189:

@Krieghund:

Yes, they can.

Is it possibile to have kamikaze aircrafts? Let me explain: can i use aircrafts to conduct attacks at sea that they have no possibility of return?

No. You must be able to land, even if that landing site is pending a naval battle or non combat carrier move or sea zone build.

Japan has a special Kamikaze attack that is activated by the allies under specific conditions, but it does not involve normal air units on the board. These are 6 one time attacks on enemy ships excluding subs and transports.

See: page 21 AAEurope 1940 bottom paragraph under “Air Units” third bullet point, last sentence: “You can’t deliberately move an air unit out of range of a potential safe landing space.

See also: page 13 AAEurope 1940 first paragraph under “Air Units” first sentence: “An air unit that moves in the Combat Move phase must generally reserve part of its move value for the Noncombat Move phase, at which point it must return to a safe landing spot using its remaining movement.

Note: This is not an official answer, just being helpful.

• @JamesAleman:

@Stefano1189:

@Krieghund:

Yes, they can.

No. You must be able to land, even if that landing site is pending a naval battle or non combat carrier move or sea zone build.

Japan has a special Kamikaze attack that is activated by the allies under specific conditions, but it does not involve normal air units on the board. These are 6 one time attacks on enemy ships excluding subs and transports.

See: page 21 AAEurope 1940 bottom paragraph under “Air Units” third bullet point, last sentence: “You can’t deliberately move an air unit out of range of a potential safe landing space.

See also: page 13 AAEurope 1940 first paragraph under “Air Units” first sentence: “An air unit that moves in the Combat Move phase must generally reserve part of its move value for the Noncombat Move phase, at which point it must return to a safe landing spot using its remaining movement.

Note: This is not an official answer, just being helpful.

Thank you. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m