• Just Wondering. couldn’t find any Italian tanks so sorry. NO TANK DESTROYERS!!!

• opps i meant other not is-2  oh well that’s my second fav th KV-2 is my fave

• You forgot the Panzer IV, the work horse of the panzer divisions and the only tank see frontline fighting from Poland 1939 to Berlin 1945.

• my favorite was the panzer 3

• T-34 great tank and easy to fix.

• '10

The vote is for the favorite not the most practical. So I voted for the Tiger1. Just because it was so awesome and it carried the 88mm.

• Love german tank but my favorite is KV 2

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Mmmm… I love monster German tanks. I am going to say Panther. Though I like the Tigers too.

• If you were a ruler of a country and wanted to build an armor force from the WWII era, which tank would you choose for the job?

• maybe not the best tank but i would pick the Pzkpfw 3(panzer kampf wagon 3)

@ABWorsham:

If you were a ruler of a country and wanted to build an armor force from the WWII era, which tank would you choose for the job?

I am somewhat opposed to using a communist idea, but they got it right with the T-34(/76) … However… I am still going PzKpfw V on this one. It is roughly the T-34’s equivalent, cheaper than Tigers, and a lot prettier than Shermans.

• I’m going with the Tiger. Gotta love that armor, and having an 88 for a main gun :)

Plus it is just great to look at.

@Stockus13:

Plus it is just great to look at.

Yeah, but still not as pretty as the Panther.  :-D

• @RedHunter:

T-34 great tank and easy to fix.

they had so many they dident need to they just left it and 2 more took it’s place

T-34 (85 mm variant).

GG

• T-34 cheaper than the Panzer but still just as good.

• KING TIGER!

• '10

@cminke:

KING TIGER!

Tiger TOO- TOO expensive, TOO much fuel, TOO heavy, TOO slow, TOO much maintenance, TOO long to build, TOO easy to bomb, TOO late.

• T-34 taught the Germans how to design tank armor, engines and tread.  In late 1941 it gave the MkIII’s and MkIV’s Matilda style trouble.  The T-34 with the 85 gun was still an excellent medium/light tank in 1945!

PZIV was obsolete in 1942 but had a solid gun.  I believe the same gun the StugIII’s used to good effect the second half of the war.  PZIII’s and PZIV’s had their success against the lighter tanks in France due to better German tactics.  WAY better tactics and good crews.  Don’t get me wrong, these were good tanks.  Little things like radios and well designed loading systems go a long way.

Panther, good tank but a 1943 design that was as good armor wise as the Soviet’s 1941 T-34.  Showed the German engineers learned their lessons from the Communists.  Panther did have an excellent gun and good speed.  Once the Panther became reliable the good command control, use, and ride habits of German tanks.

Tigers had to be like a tank destroyer to use.  A 3 legged slow dog with a gun a battleship would be proud of.  Stick it on a hill in a building or under cover and let it command a battlefield.  Then wait for it to catch up with your infantry.

King Tiger has to be compared with the 1944 Allied low production tanks.  Soviet IS2’s probably had more than 3,000 produced during the war.  TigerII King Tigers list 492. (Don’t even mention our 20 Pershings which saw service during the war.

• @Fishmoto37:

@cminke:

KING TIGER!

Tiger TOO- TOO expensive, TOO much fuel, TOO heavy, TOO slow, TOO much maintenance, TOO long to build, TOO easy to bomb, TOO late.

All very true.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m