• TripleA

I put together a little Global Game Table.  My wife was tired of it taking up the entire dining table so I put this together.

It’s a 8x4 table top with the game centered in the middle.  The board has a pine frame which is set down into the table.  The top of the table has high density foam for comfort, which is wrapped in faux leather.  Pedestle legs on the bottom for keeping it nice and stable.

Not in the pictures are some finer details for the edging which I just haven’t put on yet.  Also going to touch up the corners since they aren’t perfect.

The table has lots of room for the battleboard, IPC tracking chart and boxes.  I like it, not that fancy as some of the other ones posted on here, but works for my games.

• Lucky you. I have to use the floor in my room because my parent would get mad if it’s on a table

• '10

NICE TABLE!  Looks like the actual table is very expensive…  Only the best for AAA Eh?

• I am envious of seeing yet another dedicated Global table.  Cool for you though.  Hey, I see you have dividers for your boxes.  Are those home made or purchased?

• '10

You also have printed Money?  IPCs?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

You also have printed Money?  IPCs?

I think they’re from anniversary

• TripleA

Thanks for the comments.

The dividers I found on a forum somewhere, they are just cut out of card stock.  They look alright, and are pretty functional.  The IPC were scans from Anniversary, also printed out on card stock so they hold up well.

• '10

Cool pics.

There is enough room to walk around the table if you can’t sit anymore. :-D

• Very good-looking table!  The stained wood frame is an especially nice touch.

• TripleA

Yeah there is heaps of room.  I’ve noticed after about 10 hours of our current Global game that there is not a lot of sitting going on.

Should finish today.  The allies are looking very strong right now.  Germany should fall within 2 rounds.  After that its onto Japan which should go within 3 or so.

• Simply beautiful and you’re clearly a fan with friends, but where are the coasters or cup holders?

• @Slimek:

Simply beautiful and you’re clearly a fan with friends, but where are the coasters or cup holders?

I think that drinks should be kept across the room from A&A boards in general, and in an entirely different room from gaming tables as nice as this one.  Just one spill could be catastrophic.

• TripleA

@Slimek:

Simply beautiful and you’re clearly a fan with friends, but where are the coasters or cup holders?

I’ve thought about that, but a spill wouldn’t be good.  There are tables in the room for drinks.

A couple things for revision 2 of the table after playing this game will probably be inlaid dice boxes, at least 2, if not one on each corner.  Maybe 9" squared will fit in there nice.  The foam allows for comfort but the dice bounce a bit which isn’t a big deal but can be annoying if they bounce off the table.

Also might do a A&A logo up top and inlay that as well.

• '22 '19 '18

@CWO:

@Slimek:

I think that drinks should be kept across the room from A&A boards in general, and in an entirely different room from gaming tables as nice as this one.  Just one spill could be catastrophic.

Drinks aren’t allowed near the game table in my house either.  A rule that was put in place after my poor settlers of catan game took a bath from a spilled drink.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Bah it isn’t Axis and Allies if there is combat damage from the odd beer spill on the board.

Nothing like that Rum and Coke smell when you lift the lid off your AA50 box!

• This is very nice! I want to make one like this.

• we made a table for really cheap. just took one of those 6’ x 2’ tables from any store….the kind they use at gaming shops. anyway, then just buy a 8x4 piece of plywood from your local hardware store. cut it in half and put hinges on it for easy foldable storage. then just throw it on top, along with a table cloth whenever you want to play a large game.

Here is my table in the unfinished basement of a friends house. Got a game of warhammer going on it right now, but you get the idea.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/niku13/DSCI0004.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/niku13/DSCI0003.jpg
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h104/niku13/DSCI0002.jpg

• leather……thats a good idea. Couldn’t fold it though.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Ack! Unpainted minis going to battle! Major gamer faux pax…

• i made a table for Axis & Allies global 1940.  the board itself sits on a 4 inch pedastle, surround by a tray wide enough for the boxes for each power.  then a 3inch border around the outside.  i stained the wood, then used 2 coats of clear poly to seal it.  also works to keep condensation from beer cans and iced drinks from soaking into the wood.  but the clear made the top very smooth and slick, so i used small circular velco pieces to keep the boards from sliding around.  i also had an old dice tower i had made years back, which is able to fit in the surrounding tray and to be moved around the board.  under the board itself i created storage spaces for hiding the boxes.  currently the table has no legs, i set it on an old table in my basement, but i am trying to figure out a way to mount foldable legs under it.

i used cheap pine 1x3’s, 1x4’s, and 1/4 inch plywood.  with stain, poly, 1 paint brush, and some sand paper i had, i probably have about $40 into it.

works very well, we really like the elevated board.

DSC08201.JPG
    DSC08203.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m