• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I am attacking an Island that has an Airbase.

My naval forces are tightly pinched with my opponents.  My navy is fighting my opponents of course, and his 7 fighters are ready to scramble.

So to make matters complicated, I have sent 3 bombers to SBR the Airbase on the island.  Of course my opponent has has pulled 3 off of the attack to intercept the bombers.

The question is… what happens first?  Does the bombing run occur, therefore PREVENTING the ability to scramble?  Does it occur after? or does it occur at the same time what I think which then has no relevance against preventing scramble?

• Official Q&A

Scrambling is the very first thing that happens in the Conduct Combat phase, so it happens before the SBR.

• I dont have the rule book with me but I tend to agree with what you think.  I think that the fighters that are used as intercepters cannot scramble but that the ones that dont intercept can then scramble.

What might be more of a puzzler is this.  If the SBR is against the airfield and the airfield is successfully damaged or destroyed can the fighters that didn’t intercept still scramble?  Part of me thinks no because fighters cant scramble from damaged air bases.

On the other hand if these battles are all supposed to be happening simultaneously maybe it is more consistent that the fighters scramble at the same time as the SBR raid is coming on and the navy is attacking etc.  So maybe they can scramble for that battle but that the airfield would have to be repaired for future battles.

Can anyone add any light to this?

• opps beat me to the punch Krieghund…I guess that answers my question too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m