• @Variable:

@skinny1:

…do not have room to leave a game set up so I will have to resort to writing down what each nation has for pieces on the board and where they are so I can pick it up at a later date.

Try using a digital camera for this. Much faster and “a picture is worth a thousand words”. I have done this in the past and it worked great.

Excpet if you have giant stacks that require chips and overflow into surrounding territories

• @Variable:

@skinny1:

…do not have room to leave a game set up so I will have to resort to writing down what each nation has for pieces on the board and where they are so I can pick it up at a later date.

Try using a digital camera for this. Much faster and “a picture is worth a thousand words”. I have done this in the past and it worked great.

It might take more time with paper and pencil to write everything down but it would be more accurate. I never thought of taking a picture with a digital camera. I guess a zoom in on crowded areas with lots of chips might work. Thanks for the idea Variable.

• '10

@skinny1:

@Variable:

@skinny1:

Print out your digital photos and then just make notes right on the photos.

It might take more time with paper and pencil to write everything down but it would be more accurate. I never thought of taking a picture with a digital camera. I guess a zoom in on crowded areas with lots of chips might work. Thanks for the idea Variable.

• How can Africa troops get to London? can’t the Italian fleet kill the transport on the way?

Yes and thats why G3 Sealion a game buster unless you don’t sink one of those UK BB’s on G1. Odds of that are like 15%.

If you study Jims plan it really makes it hard for UK.

• @skinny1:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@skinny1:

I am uncertain if I am going to buy AAE40 or not now. I have AAP40 and was looking forward to getting AAE40 for the big combined game but after reading about set up changes I am thinking of not spending the $90 + tax to get it. I was disappointed with AAP40 after the first set up and only played 1 round. AAP40 has not seen a table since the first week it was released. Seriously thinking about selling AAP40 now and just playing AA42 which has no errors in set up and only 2 rule clarifications according to the FAQ.

Dude, it’s not that hard to make a few setup changes. They’re well worth it to play an epic game where China is 18 territories instead of 3, Russia is 30 territories instead of 10, and Africa is 20 territories instead of 10

I understand that but it is the principal of the matter. A set of games that are as pricey as these are should not have these many issues. When all of the issues were brought up with AAP40, Larry and WotC should have made sure that AAE40 had no issues before being released. I don’t know what has happened with the AA franchise but these kinds of things are really disturbing. I was going to pick up AAE40 next Friday when I get paid but after seeing this thread I am really debating on whether to get it or not. I am being more selective in the games that I buy with the price they are now. Too much money to spend to have to make corrections on the set up boxes and any issues that might come up with the new rule book.

wow… like the other guy said DUDE its just some simple setup changes.  I guess you can’t make everyone happy.

• Can somebody tell me the official setup at this moment. I just got thought my first game of E40 and like too play G40 with the good setup. Don’t want too spend 10+ plus hours on an inevitable axis victory.

• Official Q&A

The official setup is still the one in the FAQ.  I don’t think you’ll have any trouble playing a global game with it, as conditions in the global game are different than in the Pacific game.  However, if you want to play with Larry’s latest playtest setup, it can be found at the bottom of this thread.  If you try it, come on over to Larry’s site and let us know how it went.

• @Fearless:

@skinny1:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@skinny1:

I am uncertain if I am going to buy AAE40 or not now. I have AAP40 and was looking forward to getting AAE40 for the big combined game but after reading about set up changes I am thinking of not spending the $90 + tax to get it. I was disappointed with AAP40 after the first set up and only played 1 round. AAP40 has not seen a table since the first week it was released. Seriously thinking about selling AAP40 now and just playing AA42 which has no errors in set up and only 2 rule clarifications according to the FAQ.

Dude, it’s not that hard to make a few setup changes. They’re well worth it to play an epic game where China is 18 territories instead of 3, Russia is 30 territories instead of 10, and Africa is 20 territories instead of 10

I understand that but it is the principal of the matter. A set of games that are as pricey as these are should not have these many issues. When all of the issues were brought up with AAP40, Larry and WotC should have made sure that AAE40 had no issues before being released. I don’t know what has happened with the AA franchise but these kinds of things are really disturbing. I was going to pick up AAE40 next Friday when I get paid but after seeing this thread I am really debating on whether to get it or not. I am being more selective in the games that I buy with the price they are now. Too much money to spend to have to make corrections on the set up boxes and any issues that might come up with the new rule book.

wow… like the other guy said DUDE its just some simple setup changes.  I guess you can’t make everyone happy.

Well $90 is a lot of money to me. I am not rich like some people that might not care about just changing the setup. Like I said before, it is the principal of the matter. I will probably pick up AAE40 to have a complete global game since I am not a big fan of the theater specific games. I just don’t like the idea of having to change the setup on a game that is this new. AAP40 does look good set up and I can’t wait to see AAE40 on my table set up but again for the price changing a set up is not good.

• EXACTLY!  you pay $180 for these games, it should be FINAL, not BETA!

It’s like buying Madden 11 and having EA tell you, ok, there are no passing plays yet, we’ll get them to you in 6 months…maybe…if enough people cry.

• I saw someone mention African units to London, I’m guessing that is for UK2.

Best I can figure, it could be this:

UK1
    Cruiser, Transport from sz 98 and 2 land units from Egypt or Alexandra move to sz 92.
    DD from sz 91 moves to sz94 to block Italian navy, as French fleet blocks in sz 93.
    Carrier from sz 91 and tac move to sz 92 to protect fleet.
    Fighter Alexandra moves to sz 92 to protect fleet: CV,CA,TT,Ftr,Tac.

UK2
    Move transport, ftr, tac and land units from SZ 92 to London, if Germany did not clear them out…only possible if in N. Italy I suspect.
    Result: 2 land units and 1 Fighter from Africa on London turn 2.

There may be options that permit the Italian fleet attack or that don’t pull the tac off of London for G2 assault.

I would not throw away Egypt this way or not activate Persia on UK1. But technically it delivers the units as suggested. If the Canadian fleet meets on the other side of Gibraltar, you could technically have a 4 unit take back force if London falls. Although taking it back, just gives the Germans a chance to loot your treasury twice when they retake.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m