Can the Republican Party reclaim California in 2004 or 2008?

• @waraxis:

Not from me!! All I ask is that they and anybody else do it legally. Just please follow the the law. The English part I think though is a little harsh we have no right to tell a people how to speak. If they want to keep speaking Spanish thats their right. They get in legally, pay taxes, respect the law, and when the time comes fight in our wars, they can speak what ever they want.

Exactly right waraxis! :P

Somehow, becuase we want people to FOLLOW THE LAW, we’re labeled as immigrant-haters, or even racist.

• OK, if they want to remain poor citizens … as long as they don’t complain.
    (long sentence follows)Studies have shown that immigrants who learn English are employed sooner, get better paying jobs and succeed far more often than those who remain connected mainly to their own culture and continue to speak solely their mother tongue. My Chinese ancestors are evidence of this.

• The people who use words like immigrant-hater or racist are just trying to scare other people. These words tend to be from people on the Hard Left who have other agendas. When somebody starts screaming raciscm you heve to wonder who they are trying to scare or stop and why?? Its sad that people have over used those words cause now when people bring up raciscm It doesn’t have that effect anymore.

Xi that is true now but will not be true when Spanish speaking people make up the majority in the Southwest area of the country in the near future.(50 years) Asking people to give up their home langauge when soon it will be the most spoken langauge in their state is just wrong.
    Spanish speaking people(mostly Mexicans) will be the majority in the following states California, Arzonia, New Mexico, and Texas in the next 50 years. Xi asking these people to stop speaking their langauge when they become the majority in these states is wrong.

When they become the majority in those 4 states then not knowing Spanish will result in less earning power, for whites and blacks.

• So you would encourage ths generation and the next 2-3 generations to suffer 2nd class citizenship for the next fifty years?
    All recent studies of bilingual eduaction show that the students have a harder time than if immersed in ‘English only’ classes.

• They are not second class citizens, they have rights, they have acces to welfare, very few get deported. Granted there still is some trouble for them, but the idea that they are on the verge of being demoted to 2nd class is wrong. Do you know how many things are in Spanish in those 4 states. The radio shows they have??

• @waraxis:

They are not second class citizens … have rights … access to welfare, very few get deported … how many things are in Spanish in those 4 states … radio shows … ?

Those of Mexican, Central & South American, Portuguese and Espanol descent_are a larger part of the US population than blacks/African- Americans. Yet they do not have the same race type of representation. Their average education level and economic earning potential have been shown to be below that of Oriental/Occidentals. Their economic plight then deprives them of ‘OJ Simpson level’ legal representation in the courts.

As I have said in other posts, the welfare and medical care systems are overloaded in some parts of the SW US. The Mexican girl who recently had transplant surgery was an illegal who was pushed to the top of the transplant list because she was a welfare case. Then, when she dies her parents are sueing. Worse yet, they will not donate her good organs to others who could benefit.
    Not most, but many illegals have criminal records in their native countries. More illegals should be deported, but the system was destroyed by the Clinton Administration. Illegals were allowed in, released, not charged … for the simple reason that polls showed that illegals who could vote(notice any problem with this idea?)would vote Democrat.

My argument with the # of things in Spanish or radio shows is that they exist. This dicourages blending of cultures which is where the US gets much of her strength. Two languages encourages two cultures … two cultures encourages the creation of two countries(e.g., the @waraxis:

They are not second class citizens … have rights … access to welfare, very few get deported … how many things are in Spanish in those 4 states … radio shows … ?

Those of Mexican, Central & South American, Portuguese and Espanol descent_are a larger part of the US population than blacks/African- Americans. Yet they do not have the same race type of representation. Their average education level and economic earning potential have been shown to be below that of Oriental/Occidentals. Their economic plight then deprives them of ‘OJ Simpson level’ legal representation in the courts.

As I have said in other posts, the welfare and medical care systems are overloaded in some parts of the SW US. The Mexican girl who recently had transplant surgery was an illegal who was pushed to the top of the transplant list because she was a welfare case. Then, when she dies her parents are sueing. Worse yet, they will not donate her good organs to others who could benefit.
    Not most, but many illegals have criminal records in their native countries. More illegals should be deported, but the system was destroyed by the Clinton Administration. Illegals were allowed in, released, not charged … for the simple reason that polls showed that illegals who could vote(notice any problem with this idea?)would vote Democrat.

My argument with the # of things in Spanish or radio shows is that they exist. This dicourages blending of cultures which is where the US gets much of her strength. Two languages encourages two cultures … two cultures encourages the creation of two countries(e.g., the Qebecios-Canada struggle.)__

• s I have said in other posts, the welfare and medical care systems are overloaded in some parts of the SW US. The Mexican girl who recently had transplant surgery was an illegal who was pushed to the top of the transplant list because she was a welfare case. Then, when she dies her parents are sueing. Worse yet, they will not donate her good organs to others who could benefit.

I believe her organs were unfit to be retransplanted. Of course, I could be wrong. Sad case, stupid doctors. And I see no difference whether the girl was Mexican or not. And no, she was not an illegal, though her parents are not citizens.

• Off-topic question: Isn’t it true that white people are in the minority in California now?

• Thanks Yanny,

war__,
    Still, she moved to the top of the list,
    leapfrogging over thousands of people people!

I believe they are less than 50% of the population, but still the largest minority.(tongue tied)

• I never said that girl should’ve gotten special treatment.

If America refuses to protect its borders, Americans have no right to complain about another country forming within this one.

• I was just using her as an example.

I agree about borders, but I agree more fully with
    Michael Savage at
    http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Borders - Language - Culture

• March/2003

Rev. Al Sharpton is still ahead in the early Dem polls.
    Dems are thinking ahead. If he is still ahead in Sept. They plan to draft Hillary. She is the only one they see who can beat him(when included in the polls, even though she is not running.) They believe the early exposure will help her in 2008 if she loses this time.

• Rev. Al Sharpton is still ahead in the early Dem polls.
    Dems are thinking ahead. If he is still ahead in Sept. They plan to draft Hillary. She is the only one they see who can beat him(when included in the polls, even though she is not running.) They believe the early exposure will help her in 2008 if she loses this time.

I hope your being sarcastic. Rev Al can’t even get the Black Vote. Kerry is way ahead in the polls. Hillary wins among Democrats, buts comes out worse than Kerry when compared with Bush.

• Thank God for that, Hillary being president scares the crap out of me.

• @Xi:

March/2003

Rev. Al Sharpton is still ahead in the early Dem polls.

Seriously! Right post, Wrong forum!

Kerry is ahead because he has not been campaigning. Remember he’s been being treated for and recuperating from prostate cancer.
    Of those actually campaigning Sharpton leads!

• Maybe because Rev Al is the only candidate actually working at it right now. The rest of them have actual jobs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m