College Football is finally here.

Fine, I’m resurrecting a previously discussed topic, but I seriously hope that Big 12 will let TCU in their conference. With the dropout of Nebraska and Colorado they need to maintain their numbers, and I think looking for a revival team would be in their best interest. Fine, we are overrated, but with the fact that we can massacre Baylor who can still edge over Kansas does give us a better leeway.

That being said, that was wild what Auburn did to LSU. They are bringing the heat on SEC. I love how teams like Alabama, Ole Miss, or LSU will always get knocked out eventually by the surprises of new men on the line.

GG

• TCU would do well in the Big 12.

• Well this Buckeye is seeing with a Hawk-eye this weekend. Go Hawkeyes beat Sparty!

GG, you do know that Auburn is in the SEC right?

• Way to go Hawkeyes! Now just don’t play that good against OSU. :wink:

I’d like to see both MSU and Wisconsin get another loss though.

I do, I was referring to heat within the SEC. I was saying those teams were slated as just staying at the top, at least Alabama and LSU…

GG

• Stupid bye week.  :cry:

• Texas (UT) and the Dallas Cowboys are both in a huge crisis.

• I am seeing Michigan taking down Wisconsin in two weeks.  Denard is still putting up insane numbers, Penn State’s offense is down, but their defense ain’t and D-Rob still put up absurd numbers.  Mich St. will falter after watching them this weekend, they have not had a dominate performace against an FBS team this year, any given Saturday they could lose.  I am going to hold my breath till OSU, Indiana and NW have always been thorns in our sides, spread offenses always give us fits because we rarely ever run a Nickel or Dime set.

• I’d love to see TSUN take down the Badgers. They really need another loss to keep both the Bucks and Hawks Rosebowl hopes alive but a walk-on freshman QB torched them in the air and they couldn’t hold the PSU running game to less than Youngstown State did. While Wisconsin often has trouble with TSUN it is most likely that the Badger OL will maul them and send both Clay and White to 100 yard plus days.

DRob has to put up insane numbers because the D is giving him no help.

• I know a win is a win, but the thought that Indy dropped a very catchable ball to give us a win still leaves me a bit sour inside.  We did not deserve to win that game.  4 trips inside their ten and we come away with only 3 field goals?

• I certainly sympathize with your frustration. I’ve been there with the Buckeyes on many occasions. But a win is a win. Just go back to hoping your boys take care of business this week (JT gets a shot at his first win over a coach with 400 victories!) and waiting for the big showdown in two weeks at Kinnick and of course hoping like heck somebody steps up and beats Bucky.

And don’t forget to be grateful that your D didn’t give up 45 points in regulation and another 20 (or 22) in OT.

• Well this week’s road trip for the Buckeyes was already scary but now that the Hawks are wounded it gets a bit more so. I gotta think they’ll be fired up and ready to close out the season with some wins. But the Buckeyes seem to have their ground game on track as well as their kick coverage. I’m looking forward to seeing if we can keep it going against Clayborn and co.

I’m wondering what kind of shootout we’re going to see in Wiscy vs. TSUN. The scUM defense is so porous that I think Bucky will have a tough time controlling the clock as they’ll score to quickly and their secondary and LB’s are supposedly suspect which should allow Shoelaces to keep pace. That one might come down to who has the ball last.

• I also pull for anyone who plays University of South Carolina Gamecocks! Loyalty to in-state teams to me doesn’t matter. I pull for who I want to no matter where I live or where I go to school.

• Heckuva a game from the Hawkeyes. Great D your boys have there RogertheShrubber. Bring on TSUN!!!

Ohhhh and Go Cats!!! Both Wild and Nittany.

My biased highlights: Boise State down. TCU is going to Big East. Alabama threw an amazing game. I laughed at that Oregon safety. This was an interesting rivalry week.

GG

• Tough loss for Boise.

Interesting move for TCU and good addition for the Big East. Easier path to a BCS bid for TCU and may in the long run save the auto bid for the Big East as well.

And Saturday gave me the best highlight of the season, another beat down of TSUN by the Buckeyes. Denard is a great player and I don’t know how injured he was but it came across as quitting when he didn’t come back after going in for a series after getting ‘taped up’. He didn’t seem to be having any trouble with the ball.

So who’s on upset alert this week? Auburn? Oregon? I’m hoping for a big collapse at the top myself that sends TCU and Wisconsin to the BCSNCG and the Buckeyes back to the Rose Bowl.

• Every game I watched this Thanksgiving holiday the team I was pulling for lost. Dallas Cowboys, Pitt, Alabama, Boise State, Texas.

I wanted to see Boise in the BCS championship game. I like the team’s skill postion players. Man, I feel for that kicker, missing two chip shot kicks!

@frimmel:

Tough loss for Boise.

Interesting move for TCU and good addition for the Big East. Easier path to a BCS bid for TCU and may in the long run save the auto bid for the Big East as well.

And Saturday gave me the best highlight of the season, another beat down of TSUN by the Buckeyes. Denard is a great player and I don’t know how injured he was but it came across as quitting when he didn’t come back after going in for a series after getting ‘taped up’. He didn’t seem to be having any trouble with the ball.

So who’s on upset alert this week? Auburn? Oregon? I’m hoping for a big collapse at the top myself that sends TCU and Wisconsin to the BCSNCG and the Buckeyes back to the Rose Bowl.

I won’t lie, I was shouting when I heard the final score come in! I think I’ll send Kyle Brotzman a holiday basket. I do feel a little sad for them, that was a tough loss, with those shots. It definitely was a win more of “luck” than skill, I won’t be stupid and say that they just couldn’t pull it off, but I’ll accept the loss… :)

Most everybody here on campus is stoked about the Big East move. I have some mixed feelings about it, only because it means we are going to be playing awful teams again. I’ll have to pray that after a few BCS wins they will find it in their hearts to let us in to the Big 12 and actually make it “The Big ‘12’”.

South Carolina might do Auburn in, they beat Alabama, and look how close the Auburn/Alabama game was. If they can just stop Newton, they might do it. Overall though, Auburn is just so wild with what they are capable of pulling off. I will be interested in seeing that one go down.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

I won’t lie, I was shouting when I heard the final score come in! I think I’ll send Kyle Brotzman a holiday basket. I do feel a little sad for them, that was a tough loss, with those shots. It definitely was a win more of “luck” than skill, I won’t be stupid and say that they just couldn’t pull it off, but I’ll accept the loss… :)

I can’t really say I felt sad for them. I didn’t do the little happy dance I did when the Midshipmen beat the Domers but I can’t say I’m broken up over it.  :-)  Especially with some of the comments from the Broncos head coach about having to go to Idaho instead of playing in the ‘bigger’ stadium. If you’ve followed any of the attempts by schools to schedule Boise you’ll be immediately aware of the base hypocrisy on display.

Most everybody here on campus is stoked about the Big East move. I have some mixed feelings about it, only because it means we are going to be playing awful teams again. I’ll have to pray that after a few BCS wins they will find it in their hearts to let us in to the Big 12 and actually make it “The Big ‘12’”.

I’m pretty surprised that the Big 12 wasn’t trying to snag up TCU but I’m guessing Texas wasn’t on board. I think TCU might make the rest of the Big East step up a bit.

South Carolina might do Auburn in, they beat Alabama, and look how close the Auburn/Alabama game was. If they can just stop Newton, they might do it. Overall though, Auburn is just so wild with what they are capable of pulling off. I will be interested in seeing that one go down.

GG

I really want Auburn to get beat and be left out of the title game with all the mess around Newton. Just in case.

• I am hoping that Nebraska leaves the Big XII with a victory over Oklahoma this saturday night in the Big XII Championship game. With Nebraska and Colorado both leaving the conference I would love to see a Nebraska/Iowa game every year on the day after Thanksgiving to replace the Nebraska and Colorado tradition. I can’t wait for the move to the Big Ten next year. There are a lot of good teams in that conference to beat up on. LOL!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m