College Football is finally here.

• @frimmel:

Wasn’t TCU the higher ranked team? Wasn’t TCU the favorite?   :?

Ohhh and way to go Buckeyes!  :mrgreen:

Good game between Buckeyes and Hogs. Good thing I didn’t put money on Arkansas. I fully believed they would be the winners over the Buckeyes.

• @Fishmoto37:

@spartan:

Rich Rod finally got fired  :|

Now is it going to be Jim Harbaugh?  He could bring back the good old days.

It appears to be extremely unlikely that Harbaugh will be going to TSUN according to remarks at the Rich Rod firing press conference.

Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Andrew Luck staying at Stanford? Who does that help in the draft?

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Out of curiosity what is your opinion of Andrew Luck staying at Stanford? Who does that help in the draft?

GG

No idea really. It likely most helps Ryan Mallet or maybe McElroy (Bama’s QB.) I don’t pay a lot of attention to draft status and so on beyond the use of it as a description of talent level. I don’t really follow the NFL. If there was some NFL team really high on Luck but also in need of a D-lineman or something it would help that player who might be chosen in place of Luck or one of the other QBs in the draft.

Personally I’m all in favor of QB’s not leaving early for the NFL. They really have the least to gain IMO from going early. They are least subject to getting a career ending injury and another year of the ‘book learning’ necessary to be a QB certainly won’t hurt their chances of going in an early round.

With the looming NFL lockout, I’d think that any college player uncertain of staying or going early might be wise to stay.

• @Guerrilla:

GG

I think it’s great and applaud anyone that sticks around to finish school.  All I hear is how stupid he is that he didn’t take the money, like he’s a business or something.

• @Guerrilla:

GG

It doesn’t help my Cowboys who are picking 9th. I was hoping a Luck would take up one of those first eight picks.

Luck is going to make his money in the NFL in a year or two. Sam Bradford proved that even a major injury cant keep a great qb prospect from a top five draft spot. I respect him for his choice. Life is more than just money.

• What do you think about (UT) Texas signing a mult-million dollar deal with ESPN for it’s own television network? I beleive it was 300 million.

I thinks it a matter of time before most teams realize just how much money is out there for grabs. This will change college football.

@ABWorsham:

What do you think about (UT) Texas signing a mult-million dollar deal with ESPN for it’s own television network? I beleive it was 300 million.

I thinks it a matter of time before most teams realize just how much money is out there for grabs. This will change college football.

Personally, I think it’s ridiculous! Then it won’t be about students, advancing themselves and excelling at a sport at the same time, it will be “which school will give me a better spotlight so I can make money now and drop out and declare eligibility in 2 years.”

GG

• @ABWorsham:

What do you think about (UT) Texas signing a mult-million dollar deal with ESPN for it’s own television network? I beleive it was 300 million.

This is the first I’ve heard of it but it would certainly further explain the departure of Nebraska to the Big Ten and Colorado to the Pac 10. The precedent had been set previously with Notre Dame and NBC. This though would be very different from the perspective of Texas is not an independent and plays in a conference. I’ll have to look into this more sometime this week.

Got any links to good articles?

• @frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

This is the first I’ve heard of it but it would certainly further explain the departure of Nebraska to the Big Ten and Colorado to the Pac 10. The precedent had been set previously with Notre Dame and NBC. This though would be very different from the perspective of Texas is not an independent and plays in a conference. I’ll have to look into this more sometime this week.

Got any links to good articles?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/01/20/the-ugly-side-of-the-longhorn-sports-network/

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m