College Football is finally here.

• @skinny1:

I can’t wait for the move to the Big Ten next year. There are a lot of good teams in that conference to beat up on. LOL!!!

Or get beat up by. Ask Penn State about that.

Nebraska is a great addition to the Big Ten and I’m looking forward to next fall’s trip to Lincoln for the Buckeyes.

• It’s a huge loss for the Big 12 having Nebraska leave the conference.

• @frimmel:

@skinny1:

I can’t wait for the move to the Big Ten next year. There are a lot of good teams in that conference to beat up on. LOL!!!

Nebraska is a great addition to the Big Ten and I’m looking forward to next fall’s trip to Lincoln for the Buckeyes.

If you go to the game stop in Omaha and we can get in a game of AA42.

• @skinny1:

@frimmel:

@skinny1:

If you go to the game stop in Omaha and we can get in a game of AA42.

:lol: I’ll just be watching it from home but thanks for the offer.

Looks like Oregon and Auburn for all the marbles. Don’t much like either of them. We’ll find out tonight with the bowl selection show.

• @skinny1:

I am hoping that Nebraska leaves the Big XII with a victory over Oklahoma this saturday night in the Big XII Championship game.

That didn’t turn out the way that I hoped it would. Turnovers are a game killer.  :cry:

• '10

Who will win? The ducks or the tigers?

• I have to go with Auburn. The only teams with decent defenses that the Ducks have played gave them fits but didn’t have the offense to back it up and Auburn and Cam ‘Show My Dad The Money’ Newton have the whole package. Auburn does to the Ducks what the Buckeyes did to them in the Rose Bowl last year.

• Auburn is going to win I think. But it will be close. I expect both teams to score over 40 points. I just think that Auburn is just a little bit better then the ducks, so I am picking them.

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma
    Orange Bowl: Stanford
    Sugar Bowl: Arkansas. I know everyone says Buckeyes. I don’t care.
    Rose Bowl: TCU. Not just cause I attend school here, the drive to prove something exists. Wisconsin has the Big 10 and the nation of critiques behind them. We have heart and a very good talent. I’m not going to say even a better talent, I think Wisconsin edges us, but I think we got the game. 
    National Game: Auburn. Hands down. Cam Newton has made a pact with God. I know that somehow.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma
    Orange Bowl: Stanford
    Sugar Bowl: Arkansas. I know everyone says Buckeyes. I don’t care.
    Rose Bowl: TCU. Not just cause I attend school here, the drive to prove something exists. Wisconsin has the Big 10 and the nation of critiques behind them. We have heart and a very good talent. I’m not going to say even a better talent, I think Wisconsin edges us, but I think we got the game. 
    National Game: Auburn. Hands down. Cam Newton has made a pact with God. I know that somehow.

GG

Arkansas qb will be playing on Sundays.

• '10

OK, I will go with Oregon just to be different. Auburn has not faced an offense like the ducks. The ducks gave Stanford a good whuppin and I have seen Stanford play and was very impressed. Hope their coach does not go to Michigan.

• What do you think about the BCS mistake in the rankings between LSU and Boise State?

• @ABWorsham:

What do you think about the BCS mistake in the rankings between LSU and Boise State?

I suppose it depends on how much you like or dislike the BCS bowl structure. Boise keeps forgetting that the BCS has more or less ‘made’ them.

In ascending order of interest.

I think the only ‘lock’ this season is the Fiesta Bowl with Oklahoma over UConn. UConn’s only chance is how little a chance they have.

I don’t know that much about Stanford but VT got beat by an FCS team so that’s pretty likely to go Stanford’s way at the Orange Bowl.

I like Auburn in the BCSNCG over Oregon. Auburn has the whole deal although frankly given that I don’t like Oregon’s cheap tactic offense nor the pass that Cam “Show my Dad the money” Newton seems to have gotten and it is only more interesting than the previous two games because it is for The Crystal.

TCU is getting lots of love in the Rose Bowl it seems. TCU is a 2.5 point favorite. I’m not seeing it myself and have to go with Wisconsin. To borrow, “TCU hasn’t really been tested by a team that likes to punch folks in the mouth, and Wisconsin is about the mouth-punchingest team you’re gonna find.” TCU has the number one scoring defense but I’m not really seeing a lot of potent offenses on their schedule.

And of course the Sugar Bowl. Need I say I’m going with the Buckeyes?

• '10

@frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

What do you think about the BCS mistake in the rankings between LSU and Boise State?

I suppose it depends on how much you like or dislike the BCS bowl structure. Boise keeps forgetting that the BCS has more or less ‘made’ them.

In ascending order of interest.

I think the only ‘lock’ this season is the Fiesta Bowl with Oklahoma over UConn. UConn’s only chance is how little a chance they have.

I don’t know that much about Stanford but VT got beat by an FCS team so that’s pretty likely to go Stanford’s way at the Orange Bowl.

I like Auburn in the BCSNCG over Oregon. Auburn has the whole deal although frankly given that I don’t like Oregon’s cheap tactic offense nor the pass that Cam “Show my Dad the money” Newton seems to have gotten and it is only more interesting than the previous two games because it is for The Crystal.

TCU is getting lots of love in the Rose Bowl it seems. TCU is a 2.5 point favorite. I’m not seeing it myself and have to go with Wisconsin. To borrow, “TCU hasn’t really been tested by a team that likes to punch folks in the mouth, and Wisconsin is about the mouth-punchingest team you’re gonna find.” TCU has the number one scoring defense but I’m not really seeing a lot of potent offenses on their schedule.

And of course the Sugar Bowl. Need I say I’m going with the Buckeyes?

Wisconsin vs. Stanford would be a good punch in the mouth matchup.

• Have any of you watched the ESPN documentary Pony Express, about SMU and the death sentence?

• @ABWorsham:

Have any of you watched the ESPN documentary Pony Express, about SMU and the death sentence?

I have not. That was one I’d really wanted to catch. Is it still showing or available ‘on demand?’

Was it any good? Maybe I don’t want to catch it.

• Any thoughts on the two new Florida coaches?

Miami - Al Golden (Former HC, Temple)

Florida - Will Muschamp (Former DC, Texas)

• Muschamp is from Gainesville, played at Georgia, spent some time at Valdosta State University, which is close to Gainesville in Georgia, and was the Defensive coach at Auburn before Texas snagged him. He has plenty of time in the SEC region so recruiting shouldn’t be a problem. It remains to be seen how patient Florida fans are with him. A lot of the younger Florida fans seem to take winning for granted and think Florida has and all ways will be a power, which is just not the case.

I just don’t see how the Golden Miami deal is going to work out. Recruitment is tough in the state of Florida and I am not sure if without any prior connections Golden can get it done. I thought Miami pulled the trigger on Shannon too quickly myself.

• '10

Speaking of Miami. Who will win the bowl matchup with Notre Dame?

• Clemson Tigers :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m