Needing advice getting started.

• Hello forum.  I’m wanting to start playing A&A But I don’t have a clue where to start.  There’s so many starter packs booster packs, Board games.  Which should I buy first.  And also are they all compatible together.  As in the board game with the 2 player starter sets and so on.

Adam

• Well first off you might go here: Avalon Hill Products Page.

There are board games, and miniatures games. The miniatures have both land and sea versions. The board games break down into ‘global’ variants like Axis and Allies Spring 1942 and single battle variants like Battle of the Bulge.

Start with the 1942 unless you’re learning from an experienced player for the global board games.

• Ya, I’m pretty much going to be self taught so you say the 1942 would be the easiest to learn with?  And I did check out that site.  Thats why I’m confused now and decided to get some advice on here lol.

• The only things that come with booster packs are the minatures games which are more small scale tactical battles while the board games are strategic level battles. A tank in minatures represents A tank while a tank in a board game represents considerably more than one.

Each board game is entirely self contained and doesn’t have expansions.

1942 is fairly inexpensive and will prepare you for the far larger and more expensive Pacific and Europe 1940 versions.

• Oh, I see frimmel.  Thank you so much for your help, it is very much appreciated.  I’ll probably pick up 1942 next weekend and give it a try.  So I tack it that the 2 player kits are just different battles but same rules as the boardgame?

• The 2 player board games, Battle of the Bulge and Guadalcanal do not have the same rules as the global board games like Pacific '40 or Spring '42. They have similarities but are very different. Bulge is an enormous departure from the global  games.

• I think i understand now.  Can’t wait to try it out.  Hopefully you mind if I have a few questions after my first couple of games.  Thanks for the info Frimmel.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m