Democrats maneuvering for '04 or '08 Presidential Bid

• OCTOBER, 2003

General Wesley Clark has done it again…
    even more recently!!

SOURCE:
    http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/8567.htm

Yessirree!! It looks like the Clintons picked a winner for the Democrats again.

Please, recall that ex-President William Jefferson Blythe Clinton said Wesley Clark and Hillary Clinton are the two(falling?) stars of the Democrat Party!!
    SOURCE:
    http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/981472/posts

• Please, recall that ex-President William Jefferson Blythe Clinton said Wesley Clark and Hillary Clinton are the two(falling?) stars of the Democrat Party!!

So the best the Dems can come up with are a general who only became a Democrat this year, and who has never held elected office, and a senator who has not even held her job for a full term.

• Late October, 2003
    So now Gov. Howard Dean lead the pack in the polls leading up to the January, 2004 New Hampshire primary.

SOURCE:
    http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=750

It’s a long time to hold a lead.

I seem to recall that the JFK camp said they had some dirt on Dean.

• Ha I remember the time when Kerry called Dean a minor nuisance and said he could bury Dean any time he wanted. Looks like times have changed. ;)

• @TG:

Ha I remember the time when Kerry called Dean a minor nuisance and said he could bury Dean any time he wanted. Looks like times have changed. ;)

Looks can be deceiving. Perhaps Kerry is more clever than we suspect.

• Kerry is clever but it seems that Dean has the most support.
    Though right now anything could happen.

• @waraxis:

Kerry is clever but it seems that Dean has the most support.

True, it’s still a long way from election time. I read an interesting article the other day about third-party candidates and the fact that while most of the moderate Democrats were worried about the threat that Dean posed to the other candidates, they didn’t think about the fact that a more moderate candidate might make the Green Party put up a presidential candidate again. The article also stated that the Republicans might need to watch out for the Libertarians-I don’t really know anything about them, but I think another strong party or two would make politics in America much more interesting.

• Dean has the support of liberal activists(the group that stays tuned and involved more than any other Dems) and those who like his style(combative…interesting that he thinks we should stay out of it[COMBAT.]) When they learn a little more about his history and what he did to Vermont as its governor I beleve they’ll look elsewhere.

• Kerry is clever but it seems that Dean has the most support.

Well… Kerry said that he could bury Dean in his own junk… but was saving it for later. Judging from the polls… is this a good time for later?

• I don’t know…when do the primaries start? If Kerry’s dirt is as good as he claims, he might want to hold out until right before the primaries, to shock the voters.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m