Democrats maneuvering for '04 or '08 Presidential Bid

• Late Feb. '03 -

Al Gore, the creator of the Internet and inspiration for “Love Story,” has taken himself out of the race. But could he be a compromise candidate for those who do not wish to be LOSERS. He might pull off a '92 Clinton!

Hillary Clinton seems to be staying out of it as a rookie US Senator. Only a few US Presidents have come from the Senate … Kennedy (elected) and Ford (hand picked by Nixon.) However, when she is included she is the frontrunner. Could she be a ‘dark horse’ or compromise candidate? She will be in the hunt in '08.

John F. Kerry, who requested that the “F.”(“JFK,” for those of you who need a hint) be included prior to throwing his campaign button in the ring, is currently the frontrunner (2/03, due to the fact that he has not campaigned at events since he is recovering from prostate cancer.)

Rev. Al Sharpton is a close second. He is charismatic and more wellspoken than any other candidates. The Dems. are setting up a series of ‘favourite :wink: son’ black candidates to syphon (variation of siphon) off enough of his likely voters so that he does not win states, nor have a powerblock of delegates from states that split their delegates.

Dick Gephardt has said, this week, that he will encourage the World Congress and other organizations to enact world-wide minimum wages. These will vary, of course, from country to country. Enacting and/or raising a minimum wage has been shown to harm the economy by stopping the creation of or eliminating many entry level jobs(thus, being a drag on the economy.) In the US less than 5 million workers earn that low an hourly wage. Almost all of them have one or more raises within a year’s time.

Bill Richardson, Gov. of New Mexico, appears to be positioning himself for '08. He sets himself apart as the only Dem. of any stature pushing for tax cuts!

Obviously, not a complete list.
    Other candidates and comments?

• Joe Leiberman, Al Gore’s running mate, A person who turned his back on his own religon to apease the far left of the Democratic party. I think he said he may try and run in 2004. If not maybe in 2008.

Jesse Jackson, Infamous black civil rights leader, claims he cares about fellow blacks who live below the poverty level while he lives like a millionaire. Also does’nt seem to mind all the unborn black babies who are murdered, oops sorry ABORTED. I don’t think he will run in 2004 but he may run in 2008. You never know with Jesse “PLZ TELL ME I’M IN THE SPOT LIGHT” Jackson.

Tom Daschle, Democratic Senate minority leader, Runs like a conservative democrat in his home state but while in D.C. acts like a far leftist. I don’t think he will run in 2004, but like Jackson he could run 2008.

• You know who I would absolutely love to see win the Democrat presidential primaries? Al Sharpton. :P

• Al Gore, the creator of the Internet and inspiration for “Love Story,” has taken himself out of the race. But could he be a compromise candidate for those who do not wish to be LOSERS. He might pull off a '92 Clinton!

We all knew he couldn’t win. And who would want a scumbag like Gore in office?

Hillary Clinton seems to be staying out of it as a rookie US Senator. Only a few US Presidents have come from the Senate … Kennedy (elected) and Ford (hand picked by Nixon.) However, when she is included she is the frontrunner. Could she be a ‘dark horse’ or compromise candidate? She will be in the hunt in '08.

She knows she can’t win. She still has the Clinton scandels overshadowing her. Not to mention the fact that she is probably a complete asshole.

John F. Kerry, who requested that the “F.”(“JFK,” for those of you who need a hint) be included prior to throwing his campaign button in the ring, is currently the frontrunner (2/03, due to the fact that he has not campaigned at events since he is recovering from prostate cancer.)

Aah, now heres a good one. Kerry is one of the few people in Washington I trust. Sure, he’s still a politician, but at least he’s not Gore or Bush. Hope he is doing well recovering from prostate cancer.

Rev. Al Sharpton is a close second. He is charismatic and more wellspoken than any other candidates. The Dems. are setting up a series of ‘favourite icon_wink.gif son’ black candidates to syphon (variation of siphon) off enough of his likely voters so that he does not win states, nor have a powerblock of delegates from states that split their delegates.

Close second? Um… No? He has the support of Imus though!

Dick Gephardt has said, this week, that he will encourage the World Congress and other organizations to enact world-wide minimum wages. These will vary, of course, from country to country. Enacting and/or raising a minimum wage has been shown to harm the economy by stopping the creation of or eliminating many entry level jobs(thus, being a drag on the economy.) In the US less than 5 million workers earn that low an hourly wage. Almost all of them have one or more raises within a year’s time.

He knows he can’t win. He’s trying to get his name on the ballot for 2008.

Bill Richardson, Gov. of New Mexico, appears to be positioning himself for '08. He sets himself apart as the only Dem. of any stature pushing for tax cuts!

I don’t believe he was born a US citizen, though I could be wrong. I like this guy. He is a strong supporter of Nuclear energy. He served as Sec Energy under Clinton. He wants to decrease our need for oil in general.

Joe Leiberman, Al Gore’s running mate, A person who turned his back on his own religon to apease the far left of the Democratic party. I think he said he may try and run in 2004. If not maybe in 2008.

He is the #2 Dem candidate. Seems like a nice guy. I’m not sure though if he has the bounce to beat Bush. However, I do trust the guy. Too bad the ignorant Christian Mid-West base which he needs will never elect a Jew. Idiots.

Jesse Jackson, Infamous black civil rights leader, claims he cares about fellow blacks who live below the poverty level while he lives like a millionaire. Also does’nt seem to mind all the unborn black babies who are murdered, oops sorry ABORTED. I don’t think he will run in 2004 but he may run in 2008. You never know with Jesse “PLZ TELL ME I’M IN THE SPOT LIGHT” Jackson.

Doubt he’ll run. He tried it long ago and failed. He has no real political experience. Frankly, sometimes he’s just a nut.

Tom Daschle, Democratic Senate minority leader, Runs like a conservative democrat in his home state but while in D.C. acts like a far leftist. I don’t think he will run in 2004, but like Jackson he could run 2008.

Don’t know much about him. Seems like another Washington backstabber, like 3/4 of the Senate.

Another Candidate -

Senator John Edwards. Reminds me of JFK, though more sleezy. I do not want a trial lawyer in office.

In conclusion, Go Kerry for Prez and Joey for VP!

• He is the #2 Dem candidate. Seems like a nice guy. I’m not sure though if he has the bounce to beat Bush. However, I do trust the guy. Too bad the ignorant Christian Mid-West base which he needs will never elect a Jew. Idiots.

Never was a big fan of Leiberman since he wanted to censore video games (you should’ve seen the fit he threw about GTA3 - IMHO and many others, one of the best games ever made). Also, like Gore, he isn’t much in the mood for losing twice…

• war__, Jesse Jackson will never run … too much of a salary reduction.

Joe Leiberman was a conservative Democrat[hard to get my mouth to say those two words together](even now supports the continuance of the Persian Gulf War, having changed his tune to separate from the pack.) He did more twisting in 2000 to be Gore’s VP/mate than Gore did over the years to become Bill Clinton’s VP/lap dog. Won’t accept VP.

Tom Daschle, whose wife is one of the biggest PAC lawyers in history (thus, we already have a conflict of interest for a US Senator,) will never run(see Jackson.)

D_S_ & Y__y, I’ve already contributed to the Sharpton campaign! :P

Y__y, I couldn’t find anything about Ricardson’s birthplace on the web.

Kerry has already planned to use his wife’s (Heinz fortune) money and not go with matching funds. He has a little of the ‘Kennedy look.’

Re: Leiberman … What make’s you think the black/hispanic minorities are gonna support him? Dems have shown (Elian Gonzales[11/1999-4/2000], the NY Gov.'s race[2002], and maneuvers against Sharpton[2003]) that they want black/hispanic votes but not representation!

Re: John Edwards … I, too, do not want a trial lawyer who will use his winnings, er, earnings to become president.

• Yanny people in the Mid-West did vote for him and Gore

BUSH GORE OTHER
    MICHIGAN 46% 51% 3%
    WISCONSIN 48% 48% 4%
    (GORE WON THE STATE BY ABOUT 6000 votes not alot but he and lieberman still won the state)
    ILLINOIS 43% 55% 2%

Not a Sweep but at the sametime GORE and LEIBERMAN did win some in the Mid-West. Don’t underestamaite Leiberman as a canadiate. And I don’t think every christain is a racist. Although you may be right they may have a hard time voting for a Jew.

You are right about 3/4 of the senate being backstabber. Calling Hillary that name may be over the top though. I wouldn’t call Jesse Jackson a nut I think he is a real uncle tom. The sad thing is most blacks think he is doing them right. My problem with Jesse it seems he starts more problems then sovles them. Please excuse my spelling!!

My source on those 3 states is in GCS Presidential guide 2000

• You mean it’s not on the web?!?!

Gore couldn’t even win his home state. If he’d won he’d have been the first to do it without his home state.He lost because of his own choices (discussed elsewhere on these fora.)

Bush won by the courts(pl.), chosen counts(pl./Gore), laws(pl.), constitutions(pl.), and Electoral College. Only Democrats and the uneducated(thank the Dems. for that, as they control most urban areas where the uneducated learned[redundant after stating ‘Democrats’]) and Europeans believe that Gore won and or Bush cheated.

• Xi I was talking about Yannys comment about the Mid-West, If Leiberman ran in 2004 for president I think he could win some Mid-West states.

• I had a problem with the 2000 Presidential election. Because the election was so close, meaning in several states it was with in the margin of error, I think we should of called for a Run off in each close state. Disclaimer: I don’t deny that Bush won however I think we need a new system for doing it.

I propose a new law:

If any Candidate in any Presidential race wins the state but does not win by 50%, a run off is in order. The only two candidates on the ballot will be the top two candidates (most likely Dem and Rep).

Why? Because these races are just too close. We have a 1-2% margin of error on these ballots. That is unacceptable. Unfortunately, there is no viable solution to reduce that margin of error.

• Get rid of the old, blind folks in Florida and that’d bring our margin of error down to around .05% :P

• War__, I understand and agree.

Y_y, But some would protest that there is no 'None of the above" choice. A lot of folks wouldn’t vote the second time around.

war__, I think you(?) mentioned the Green or Libertarian(or was it Liberal, yes, there is a Liberal party in some states, folks) partieson another thread. The Libertarian Party has a lot of ideas coopted by the Republicans. The Green and Liberal Parties have become too liberal for most folks. The Greens have been taken over by the old communists who are using environmental issues to attack the capitalist system. Who could be against the environment? Capitalists, Big Busines, and YOU(smoking, big houses, and your SUV).

• I like that law Yanny but I have just a little addition how about the top 3 parties?? I like 3 choices more than 2 choices.

Xi couldn’t you say that about the Democrat party as well, In a way I guess you could say the Democrat party is starting to clone the Green party.

• When I’m not a communist, must of the time I moonlight as a Larry Elder Libertarian.:)

• war__,
    I am in agreeance! :roll: They seem to think that moving further to the left will return their voters/followers.

• It might have worked somewhat Xi, Ralph Nader didn’t do too well in 2000 as some thought he would!! I think he got less than half those votes they thought he would get. Does any body have the numbers??

• There’s always a chance. Ross Perot got enough votes (19%, I think)in '92 to elect Clinton(taking votes from GHW Bush.) Perot’s #s got him matching funds for the '96 election(11% of the vote). This set up Pat Buchanan to run with matching funds. But Buchanan didn’t get enough to insure matching funds for the 2004 candidate of the Reform Party(the final name for the Perot Party) to receive matching funds.

When a third party gains ground it will cripple one of the major parties. this will enable the intact party to win a majority of votes/seats for a few elections. At least until the weaker parties can peel off other voters from the power party. The last three elections have affected both the Dems and Reps.

• Xi do you think the Green party will do better in 2004?? I think they are gaining ground in Calforania and Washington. Could this cripple the Democrat party in the near future in those 2 states?? I will not be surprised if Ralph Nader runs for them in 2004.

• I doubt the Green party will live long. Unlike Ross Perot, Ralph Nadar doesn’t have a great deal of popular backing. Enviromentalism as a premise for a political party will never work.

However, our Government would really benefit from a third part. The reform party has some great people in it, they just can’t get many votes. Jesse Ventura, as I’ve said a million times, would make an amazing President.

Whats it going to take for a third party to spring up? Its going to take dissent in one (or both) political parties where many politicians decide to leave their party. For example, there have been many rumors of John Mccain (and many of his political allies) leaving the Republican party.

• The green party isn’t going to survive becasue of the ideology that they believe in. Am I mistaken, or aren’t they the people who are for legalizing drugs and all that crap?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m