• Guys I just got too know is Germany the new Japan, is Japan really fixed. Basically is global game balanced.

• Other unsolved problems are:
    Goldbach’s conjecture
    How the Dutch can form a new government
    P=NP
    How the Belgians can form a new government
    The unification of quantummechanics and relativity
    The meaning of life

Sorry for being a smartass, but the game is just out for 2 weeks, how can someone possibly say anything meaningful on balance right now?

• It’s totally balanced  :roll:.  I’m sure WOTC had PLENTY of time to play out every single game permutation that could possibly occur.  :roll:

If the UK player is a rules lawyer with naval combat and carrier rules, the Germans can never reasonably take London on G2 which is the most optimal time to attempt it, game wise.  The rest of the game is pretty much just like all the other older games; i.e. race to Moscow, race to Rome/Berlin.

• @HolKann:

Other unsolved problems are:
    Goldbach’s conjecture
    How the Dutch can form a new government
    P=NP
    How the Belgians can form a new government
    The unification of quantummechanics and relativity
    The meaning of life

Sorry for being a smartass, but the game is just out for 2 weeks, how can someone possibly say anything meaningful on balance right now?

Ya I know that but I was just hoping you could give me idea if Germany won hands down or not.

• If you read the games being played so far it seems that the Global game is pretty balanced. I have seem an almost 50/50 mix of either Allied or Axis wins, so that has to count for something. But like other posters have said, give this game some time (6 months) and then we will see how this game is at that point in time.

• I believe it to be pretty balanced.

New players have a more difficult time moving forward quickly on the attack so the axis suffer a little there.

Even playong Pacific40 my less experienced friends have a harder go with japan. Put down ICs two or three turns late and stuff like that

• Is this with the new (suggested) set up from uncle Larry? You know, the one which removes 7 planes on both sides in the Pacific.

• I had my first game of global last night and that game at least was very balanced.  Even ANZAC and China had contributions to make.  There seems to be just too much going on for any one nation to be able to steam roll over everyone else and for every action a country makes they have to give up opportunities for other actions.  Given that this was only my first game my opinion may change as I become more experienced.  One thing I really liked was that the whole board was crucial to success.  In my opinion any one that focus’s on a KJF or KGF strategy is going to find it tough.

• The game is probably balanced but I think it is harder to play the axis.  They need to balance defense and offense when the go into Russia with Germany, Japan needs to be careful if it does not hold Hawaii because then its captial could become in danger if its initial starting air force and navy is off conquering the world.  Also Gilbartar can cause all sorts of problems for the axis if they are not careful, the allies can hit a lot from there.  Italy can get jacked up by Britan if Germany does not at least threaten Sea lion and the Brits fly 4 planes to Africa from Pacific.

It is too early to know for sure if such a huge game is balanced but I still think it is at least close.  Those are just the observations I have made about the Axis being harder to play.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m