• Just curious to see if things have shifted from the results of AA50.  If you could, please give a brief explanation of why.  Or if you picked France or China, a very detailed reason :-D.

• The UK is at war all around the globe and has to fight on land, at sea(though not as much since G1 kills most of their navy) and on air. Every other ally is either restricted to land(Russia), too far away from the action(US), or too limited in scope(France, ANZAC, China). Italy is also limited in scope. Germany and Japan have more scope, but not as much as Britian. Also, it’s fun holding the line until the US breaks the axis back

• I’ve always enjoyed playing Japan most WW2 strategic games. I really enjoyed them in AA50. When AAP40 came out, I thought I’d really take to the expanded Pacific theatre and all of the interesting strategies that could play out. But Japan was so incredibly overdone in that version that I felt like a chump playing them. :(

But now with Global and the ‘unofficial’ fix that removes the 7 planes etc, I feel like I really want to give them a try again. :)

• Italy is my favorite in E40 and Global. I like the smaller focus of Italy. It’s easier to keep track of everything, but it’s still large enough to be flexible and try out new strategies. And when Italy does well in the game (and makes 35-40 IPCs) you can create your own empire and operate completely independantly. l’Italia aumenterà! Vive mare nostrum!

• Hi guys.  I am new here.  I have been playing A and A for nearly 15 years now and I just got the global game yesterday.  Can’t wait to play the global game with my 2 buddies.

I have always enjoyed playing UK the most, regardless of edition.  I really enjoy the strategic use of transports and the importance of heavy navy and limited North African land units.  UK always has many options and is always involved.

• Usually I like the US because they are safe from invasion, but the decisions you make will likely decide how the allies fare as a whole.  Plus, it’s great to see the face of the axis players as you start to invade southern Europe from Africa and the UK all the while building bombers to decimate the Japanese navy.  $80+ a turn is pretty awesome.

• I voted ANZAC because I’ve found them to be FAR more useful in Global than in Pacific 1940.  They can do some pretty neat stuff, particularly if you can keep both of their NO’s open.  In the few games I’ve played, I’ve seen ANZAC tearing apart the Japanese Navy with packs of subs, SBRing a Japanese IC in occupied FIC, and island-hopping with the best of them.  I love how that little power can be such a pain in the @$$.  It feels like the US’s little brother in that theatre, and it certainly makes Big Brother proud.  :-P  Oh, wait…

• While the UK gets the most action in both theaters, the Russians play a pivotal role in the early game.  Make a careless blunder or two, and the Axis could potentially stomp you.  I voted the U.S. though, as one person stated, because you almost dictate Allied strategy once you’re in the war.  UK Atlantic needs a covering fleet for its transports?  Africa needs liberating?  IJN looks too menacing anywhere in the Pacific?  The Americans can dedicate resources to all of the above.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@SpinalRemains:

Hi guys.  I am new here.  I have been playing A and A for nearly 15 years now and I just got the global game yesterday.  Can’t wait to play the global game with my 2 buddies.

I have always enjoyed playing UK the most, regardless of edition.  I really enjoy the strategic use of transports and the importance of heavy navy and limited North African land units.  UK always has many options and is always involved.

Welcome SR. Glad to see you have joined.

• '21 '18

Always in the middle of the brawl, the German player can give punishing blows to the three major Allied powers and help Italy also.

@Sire:

Always in the middle of the brawl, the German player can give punishing blows to the three major Allied powers and help Italy also.

More like Germany absorbs punishing blows from the 3 major Allies, but Italy helps Germany like a twisted little henchman.

• I voted for China, the poor under-represneted under dog. I always vote for China, because, like Italy and ANZAC, they are needed to do certian thing correctly, that if they fail to do, may be disastrious for their allies. I also love to play as them when im teaching newbies how to play, that way they’re not under the gun of an veteran player

• I like to play US because I like to be the Arsenal of Democracy that kill the Fascist retards.

Sorry if my answer is too political.

Ban politics from this forum.

• USA because its fun to kick ass in both oceans.

• @Razor:

I like to play US because I like to be the Arsenal of Democracy that kill the Fascist retards.

LOL Da Comrade!

• I love playing Japan, their thriving expansion is one of the hardest things to balance properly but if done effectively you will rival even the massive arsenal of democracy (USA) and take Asia for the Asians! (minus the Chinese of course)

@Bruda_Iz:

@Razor:

I like to play US because I like to be the Arsenal of Democracy that kill the Fascist retards.

LOL Da Comrade!

Well, like to kill the communist ones too. Or better yet see the fascists and communists kill each other.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m