• A few posts I’ve seen have stated that only threatening a G2 Sea Lion saves the western Italian fleet because the UK carrier and destroyer would then have to be diverted to England’s coast.  Otherwise, the carrier will protect itself with the French fleet and send its tac with a fighter and a cruiser to sink the Italian fleet.  But, as a UK player, if the French fleet was destroyed, would you still make that attack?  Germany would only need to send a tac and 1 or 2 fighters to accomplish this: the consequence would be that the destroyer group off of England’s west coast would survive (use subs and planes in attacks on other fleets).

• If the Z109 Tr survives, I can invade Norway, Denmark(unless fleet is in Z112), Normandy, Morocco, etc.

• Z109 transport invades with 1 infantry?

• @oztea:

Z109 transport invades with 1 infantry?

And 3 ftrs

• To acomplish what? if you take a hit on the infantry youve wasted your time.

If you take a hit on the fighter youve wasted even more

Most important thing to do with the 109 transport is move an inf to Gib, and land a fighter there so it can get to Egypt eventualy.

Sealion is foolsih, Germany should go east, not risk going west

• @oztea:

To acomplish what? if you take a hit on the infantry youve wasted your time.

If you take a hit on the fighter youve wasted even more

Most important thing to do with the 109 transport is move an inf to Gib, and land a fighter there so it can get to Egypt eventualy.

Sealion is foolsih, Germany should go east, not risk going west

I may even drop the inf and 3 ftrs on Algeria(if England was safe of course)

• You cannot have all. Choose: sink all the UK ships but lose the italian fleet or sink the french fleet and save the italian fleet but let some UK boats alive. Axis should not have total control of both Atlantic and Mediterranean so early … it was one of the reasons why AA50 was so broken

• So it would save the Italian fleet for you?  Yes, in my current scenario the 2 destroyer/transport fleets would survive (subs have to be used elsewhere to make up for the missing aircraft) but I don’t think Germany should ever let a battleship live, or else they’ll join up and never be sunk.

• Yep, the bbs must be killed, you have to let live the UK dds

It’s possible that some players would still attack the italian fleet with the ’ llanito ’ (Gibraltar) fleet, but any survivors would be crushed by the germans, and potentially, even by the italian fleet and planes

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m