Italy takes Eygpt turn 2, Iraq turn 3, Caucasus Turn 5.

• Germany can help Italy and maybe secure Egypt on turn 2. Here is How:

G1: use air force and subs to hit UK ships as needed. Make sure they all land in N. Italy do battles that will not cost planes. 8 air units available I believe.

UK1:  moves to Egypt maybe 1 ftr, 1 armor, 3 inf, 1 art.

I1: Italy take Alexandra with everything including the kitchen sink. This means staging air units in Tobruk if needed. See below.

G2: Fly air force over sea zones: 97, 99 ,98 ,Egypt-attack,land in Alexandra. Fight one combat round. Roll 3 Tactical fighters, 4 fighters, 1 Bomber: get 4-5 hits. Lose 2-3 planes. Decide if you want another round or if staged Italy can finish Egypt. If factory Egypt, go round 2, hit 3 times, lose 1-2 planes.

UK2: maybe builds 3 units if factory there.

I2: Capture Egypt. Build (turn 3) or Capture a Factory.

I3: Attack Trans-Jordan, take, move all mechanized infantry and tanks to Iraq non combat, gain 3 infantry, build factory turn 4.

I4: Ignore Africa.  Move to Northwest Persia and Persia, build factory turn 5.

I5: Move to Caucasus. Help Germany in Russia, no need for a fleet.

Done. Maybe Italy doesn’t have a nice shiny fleet, but with Egypt, Trans-Jordan, Syria, Greece, South France, Yugoslavia, Iraq, Persia and Caucasus, they will collect 27IPCs +5 NO = 32 IPCs minus convoys, have 2-3 minor factories in Iraq,Persia,Eygpt and create a southern front on Russia. (Note: Normandy may be giving to Italy also for 3 IPCs if no convoy disruption.)

Is that Broken? Maybe so, if it takes too long to realize this tactic.

How does it hurt Germany to have an air force that must then fly to N. Italy turn 3 minus 3-5 planes.

Did that make Italy viable for 30-50 IPCs of German starting units?

Does the German air force out of position and destroyed make up for a second front in Russia?

You decide.

• Russia can take Iraq on R2.

• Only in Global, not in Europe.

• @Dany:

Only in Global, not in Europe.

This is the Global forum

• Russia is neutral in global right? I know they can declare war on Japan, however, can they do combat moves against neutrals?

Even so, if they take Iraq (which UK can do on turn 2 also if they built 1 transport) this will slow Italy down 2 turns.

I was merely presenting a way for Italy to be viable even without their fleet. In my test the German air force cleared every unit in Egypt on round two, with out their bomber…they lost 3 air units.

Italy easily takes an empty Egypt, I was able to place 4 units in Egypt with 2 UK transports, but it wouldn’t have mattered. Italy had its Tobruk force plus 1 armor/infantry from Albania, with fighters in N. Italy to support them.

• @JamesAleman:

Russia is neutral in global right? I know they can declare war on Japan, however, can they do combat moves against neutrals?

Even so, if they take Iraq (which UK can do on turn 2 also if they built 1 transport) this will slow Italy down 2 turns.

I was merely presenting a way for Italy to be viable even without their fleet. In my test the German air force cleared every unit in Egypt on round two, with out their bomber…they lost 3 air units.

Italy easily takes an empty Egypt, I was able to place 4 units in Egypt with 2 UK transports, but it wouldn’t have mattered. Italy had its Tobruk force plus 1 armor/infantry from Albania, with fighters in N. Italy to support them.

Yeah, Russia can take neutrals if at war with Japan.

Can you tell me how you kill the RN and have nough range to land in N.Italy?

• Yes, I kill most of the RN. except sz 111. 2 subs on 109, 2 subs 2 ftr, 2 tac. on sz 110. 1 sub,1 cruiser, 1 ftr, 1 tac on 112. Norway ftr in France. All air can land in N. Italy. Bomber and Battleship on Russian fleet.

sz 111 is left untouched. 1 Battleship and 1 Cruiser along with sz 106 and 91 also untouched.

Not saying this wins the game, just a way to help Italy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m