• India starts with 17 instead of 16 in Alpha2

• No need to copy “using US artillery pieces” to the China NO, since we have Chinese artillery pieces with Battlemap.  :-)

Nice work!  At last we have working Alpha 2 NO boxes!

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’ve finished the first version of my module. Its based on the modules of Funcioneta and Stoney229… what I did was make the map bigger and put all the NO’s on their own chart and the artwork is different as well. Give it a try and let me know of any improvements or fixes it needs… I’m also providing a link to the Paint.net source files… you just need Paint.net which can be found at www.getpaint.net

You will notice a few differences… like damage… you’ll need to use the damage icon toolpeice to do damage… this is done to prevent overdamaging. Anyway feel free to use the source files and make the artwork/module better or let me know what you’d like changed.

TMTM’s G40 Alpha2 module http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta1.zip

The source files http://www.axisandallies.us/T40gimsourcefiles.zip

how would there be overdamaging?

Hey Stoney! A player at AAMC.net who asked me to build this module told me that you can over damage the UK/Scotland with zones 119 and 109. If you put 8 damage in z109 it will do the max damage allowed to the 2 combined but if you also add 2 damage to z119 it ends up damaging you 10 when the limit is 8… thats what I was told

• @gamerman01:

India starts with 17 instead of 16 in Alpha2

I thought I adjusted it but maybe the save didn’t take. Just need to swap ownership with the sektor editor with West India and British Columbia.

• @gamerman01:

No need to copy “using US artillery pieces” to the China NO, since we have Chinese artillery pieces with Battlemap.  :-)

Not sure what you mean… to tell you the truth I’ve never played Global yet… I’m going to make a new forum post so I don’t confuse my module with the one of this post. Most of the credit for my module goes to Funcioneta and Stoney as I used a lot of the works they already done.

• @TMTM:

@gamerman01:

India starts with 17 instead of 16 in Alpha2

I thought I adjusted it but maybe the save didn’t take. Just need to swap ownership with the sektor editor with West India and British Columbia.

No, I’m talking about the number of icons in the cash on hand.  You should add one and re-save it.  It’s not a sektor editor issue.

• @TMTM:

@gamerman01:

No need to copy “using US artillery pieces” to the China NO, since we have Chinese artillery pieces with Battlemap.  :-)

Not sure what you mean… to tell you the truth I’ve never played Global yet… I’m going to make a new forum post so I don’t confuse my module with the one of this post. Most of the credit for my module goes to Funcioneta and Stoney as I used a lot of the works they already done.

The rulebook says to use USA artillery for China, because the physical game does not have Chinese artillery (or a Chinese plane).  This phrase is unnecessary on ABattlemap because the toolbar includes Chinese artillery.

• @gamerman01:

@TMTM:

@gamerman01:

The rulebook says to use USA artillery for China, because the physical game does not have Chinese artillery (or a Chinese plane).  This phrase is unnecessary on ABattlemap because the toolbar includes Chinese artillery.

Hi, I’ve become busy these days… if you can adjust the units on the map and save it and email it to me… i’ll use it for the next update… i’ll msg u my email

• Sure, just so everyone knows, I will edit anything I can find (there’s probably only a couple of very minor things) and submit it to you for consideration.  I will have it all sent to you tonight.

I am eager for the day I start a new 1940 game and can use this module.

• Edits made, and sent to TMTM
    See attached - I think it’s ready to use!

Alpha2 start TMTM.AAM

• @gamerman01:

Edits made, and sent to TMTM
    See attached - I think it’s ready to use!

Got it! Thanks! I have started a new topic for my module at http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=22555.0

I’ll include your fixes on the next update

• From I can see, you didn’t made the actual map greater, just the charts next to the map. I’m not sure if separate NOs are the best solution, but it can work until Larry ends the game (in a year maybe?  :|)

If I remember right, alpha has the NAP treaty as a NO. A option would be mark the optional box with 12 IPCs. After used once, delete them

ACME wall box still alives in your module. Great!  :lol:

I like your tech chart more than the one I used

I’d change colors for UK and Japan. Units should be of the same colour than territories. Same goes for Italy. It’s a non-plain color system, so it can be difficult to customize at user tastes. India and UK territories should really have different colours

I didn’t noticed the convoy stuff. It’s so rare and so unique that you can overconvoy Scotland (or Greece) that maybe is better just remember it, but it’s difficult find a good solution anyway

• I like TMTM’s version a lot already.  Yes it’s convenient to have NO boxes right there on the map, but that also clutters things up, and the different colors are kind of unsightly (like Germany’s gray boxes all over Russia).  It is nice to have all NO’s in a chart in one place.  That said, I’m not sure I’ll like having the money way off in the upper left corner…
    I think his convoy system is kind of cool, with the different colored flaming transports.  I love the flaming boats (BB and CV) so flaming TP’s are awesome!
    I like the tiny convoy and kamikaze symbols.  They’re there when you need them, but they don’t get in the way or distract.
    I agree with Func that some background colors should be changed.  I did download the paint program you linked and might try to use that.  China is too bright and clashes with the color of the Chinese units.
    I think there is adequate differentiation between UK and Japan colors - they are fine.
    I think the ocean is too purple - needs to be more blue.  But it’s good that it’s bright so you can see the black numbering of units.
    I like having IPC values printed on territories even though I have them all memorized already.

Again, I really like the way this map is looking - it is quite attractive.

• @Funcioneta:

From I can see, you didn’t made the actual map greater, just the charts next to the map. I’m not sure if separate NOs are the best solution, but it can work until Larry ends the game (in a year maybe?  :|)

If I remember right, alpha has the NAP treaty as a NO. A option would be mark the optional box with 12 IPCs. After used once, delete them

ACME wall box still alives in your module. Great!  :lol:

I like your tech chart more than the one I used

I’d change colors for UK and Japan. Units should be of the same colour than territories. Same goes for Italy. It’s a non-plain color system, so it can be difficult to customize at user tastes. India and UK territories should really have different colours

I didn’t noticed the convoy stuff. It’s so rare and so unique that you can overconvoy Scotland (or Greece) that maybe is better just remember it, but it’s difficult find a good solution anyway

What I tried to do is make a different option… lots of ppl like your module because it will fit completely on the monitor without scrolling… and the NO’s postioned on the map are also favored by many… but some ppl might like a bigger map and the NO’s off the map just like an at home game with easy to read info without having to hover etc. The colors I used are from a favor map of mine… its a variant of AAE and AAP combined… I made a module of it as well… here is a link to it http://www.axisandallies.us/G13.gim.zip I have to figure out how to make the colors for France because the other map didnt have France blue. If anyone wants to know how to make the colors like i have on my map and fill the zones with it… let me know. I’ve attached the paint.net source files… you can turn off my colors and duplicate the layer “outline no sz line” and move it up next to my color layer and fill it how ever you like… save it as a pdn file then save it as a bmp file… open the Map.bmp and cut and paste your new bmp file place exact over the map area of Map.bmp covering the old colors… and save and place it in T40.gim and now your map is the color you want… ppl can produce their own map skin personal to them.

• @gamerman01:

I like having IPC values printed on territories even though I have them all memorized already.

• Reporting typo: Nanjing is not at Kiangsi, but at Kiangsu. So, it should read ‘Kiangsi’ and ‘Nanjing (Kiangsu)’ (not viceversa as now)

I’m not sure about if such small typo needs a fix update … if more typos appear, certainly yes

• I noticed that on the version with the sea zones and territories labeled, Z33 is mislabeled as Z35.  Sgt Wonko I believe was the one who wonderfully labeled everything.  Sgt, can you fix this?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Honestly, that color blue for France is really hard to read unit stacks on.  In 1941 I went with a medium blue for the territories and teal for the units (for Italy).

Appears the texturing of the territories/sea zones would be resistant to change. (read: I’m to frackin lazy to do it myself.)

• Added 4 neutral infantry to Greece that were missing
    (I didn’t scrutinize all the neutrals the first time like I should have)
    Added 5 NO’s that are at place at start
    (TMTM Alpha2 version Starting map attached)

Alpha2_start_TMTM.AAM

• Hey, can one of you gurus change the order of powers in the infoview and toolbar of TMTM’s module to match the order of play?  TMTM?  Can you?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m