• PM sent to Commando Bravo

• Functioneta, my prettier looking maps are just about done.  I just need to do the sector maps and adjust the NO markers for Alpha 2.

• @pitheist314:

Functioneta, my prettier looking maps are just about done.  I just need to do the sector maps and adjust the NO markers for Alpha 2.

Then, talk to Stoney. He is doing the work with alpha series while I’m finishing OOB

• @Funcioneta:

@pitheist314:

Functioneta, my prettier looking maps are just about done.  I just need to do the sector maps and adjust the NO markers for Alpha 2.

Then, talk to Stoney. He is doing the work with alpha series while I’m finishing OOB

Unfortunately, my version requires my own custom sektorinfo.map (which I am still working on).  Perhaps you can release your own module?  Otherwise, I can let you know when I have what I need that you can use to color your own map for my module, if you want, but I expect that would mean you’d have to redo some things.  Sorry for the bad news, but I don’t know what else to say other than feel free to release your own Alpha2 module if you want to.

• This is the polished map. Plain colours as I said. Please, check is something is wrong, because I’m going to use this map as base for the sektor map

I changed the VCs. They’re not stars anymore. Capitals are shown as red squares and non-capital VCs as shown as red circles. Burma Road is still there, but I deleted al other markers saving convoy and kamikaze symbols. Give me your opinion

The ocean’s colour … I like the colour they have now (from Revised, nostalgia here). I could change it or change french pieces to a different blue, but I hope that is not needed

• it looks fine as it comes without any “silky” textures. great job!

• Looks pretty good - I mean, at least the whole map is finally uniform.

I like the Italian color of light gray and the Dutch color - seems they’ve been tweaked.

I don’t like how the edges of the map don’t line up.  I know the real board is the same way, and it’s bad IMO.  North America should line up and should be changed on the Pacific board to look good.  Sea zone lines could just be re-drawn accordingly in the Pacific.  I realize at this point it may not be feasible to change the battlemap, and that there is merit to having the battlemap match the actual gameboard.

• Flip-flop Italy’s and Austrlia’s colors- more like the actual game- everything else is good. :-)

• @gamerman01:

I don’t like how the edges of the map don’t line up.  I know the real board is the same way, and it’s bad IMO.  North America should line up and should be changed on the Pacific board to look good.  Sea zone lines could just be re-drawn accordingly in the Pacific.  I realize at this point it may not be feasible to change the battlemap, and that there is merit to having the battlemap match the actual gameboard.

It’s possible make the change, and not specially difficult. My fear is that I could end giving western America a ugly coast (my artistic skills are very worst than my mathematic skills). I’ll make a try, and if it goes well, I’ll line America. Anyway note that I expanded West Mexico’s coast to cover all z10 (as it should)

I’m not totally sure if Ontario and Central USA are connected

• @questioneer:

Flip-flop Italy’s and Austrlia’s colors- more like the actual game- everything else is good. :-)

I’ll keep ANZAC and italian colors as now. Brown italians in real game usually confuse with the soviet units (one time in AA50 I was about to plan an attack with Germany against my italian buddies), and potentially the same could happen with UK units in AABattlemap. Also, this shade of grey was used in Pact of Steel (a mod for Revised) and AA50.

However, the good news are that, since this map has flat colours, anyone can edit them really easy without altering the compatibility. Just use paint and enjoy, say, pink Frenchmen  :wink:

• Oh that’s a great idea- thanks. :-)

• This is a first test of the map with America lined. I don’t like it too much, because the SZs at Central Pacific are too distorded … and z9 is horrible! And North America is a bit … fat?  :|

I don’t know … maybe I should stick to the original, because this map is too big to be viewed in a single monitor when using AABattlemap (so, you don’t notice the unlined America)

Edit: I think that I’m going to stick to the first map. After all, the map is not geographically accurate in many other places, so I think that we can live with that bad lining. There are good reasons to not alter the SZs, because many of us are used to the old configuration

The poor guy that try do the module for TripleA is going to suffer to line this. Ouch!  :oops:

This is feo, feo, feo  :lol:

• Hmmmmm….  Wow, well thanks a lot for trying.  Yes, the seazones would take some getting used to, but I love how North America lines up.  I just wish the original board game had been drawn up to line up better.  That’s the one I think is feo.  And I’m upset that I can’t split my board down the middle, like through India so that it could be centered on America at times.  You can do it with Anniversary, but 1940 doesn’t line up at all.  It’s a pity, since the boards are all separated already.  It would actually be feasible to change it mid game, or even each round.  It would be sweet to run America being able to see everything with the USA in the middle.  But this is off topic.

I do think this map would be very playable, and that we could get used to the seazones except for Z9 which is too tall.

Again, thanks for the effort - I didn’t really expect it - and yes North America looks much better now (although a few hundred miles out of the middle are missing - Canada looks really weird).  But playing on Battlemap, as you said, scrolling from left to right it doesn’t matter if they line up.  It would be sweet if the physical board lined up, but it doesn’t.

• I need technical support. I have to change a certain color (2,5,0) (it seems to black, but it’s not black) in sektorinfo.bmp to pure plain black (0,0,0). All zones with that 2,5,0 color have to be converted to pure black. I’m using paint, is there some way of doing this, even if I need use another program?

It’s almost impossible do this manually  :| If I cannot, I have a B plan, but it’s not perfect

Thanks in advance

• @Funcioneta:

I need technical support. I have to change a certain color (2,5,0) (it seems to black, but it’s not black) in sektorinfo.bmp to pure plain black (0,0,0). All zones with that 2,5,0 color have to be converted to pure black. I’m using paint, is there some way of doing this, even if I need use another program?

It’s almost impossible do this manually  :| If I cannot, I have a B plan, but it’s not perfect

Thanks in advance

I highly recommend using Paint.NET.  Using the magic wand tool, you can hold SHIFT and click on your 2,5,0 color (tolerance = 0%) to select all 020500 pixels in the layer.  Ctrl+Shift+Click on a 000000 pixel will add all the black to the selection as well.  Read Section C of my tutorial for more tips/hotkeys.

• Thanks, Stoney. I downloaded paint.net and I have to make more tests, but I think that I can solve the problem with this magic wand … it’s a powerful weapon  :-)

• Final version of OOB module is here!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjy40azz4ibia9y

Please, test it. Just in case some error is left

Edit: I had to make a small fix, so ensure download this again if you did so 2/21/2011. I checked total units value, so the setup should be right this time. Also, the raid marker for the dummie bar is blue, as should. Enjoy this update, and check the fisrt page  :-)

• @Funcioneta:

Final version of OOB module is here!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1t7vvl5krr8tv3u

I’ll add more info tomorrow. Today I’m too tired. Just check the new raid marker

Cool - I’ll check this out immediately even though I eschew the OOB rules!  :-)

• . @Funcioneta:

Nice work.
    I noted that the Convoy Disruptions are not applied against France.
    Although most would point out that, if France were collecting income, that the game is an Allied win anyway.

I really like the red Victory Cities, and how you properly put a square red box (instead of circle like the gameboard has) on New South Wales (Sydney).

I really miss the seazone numbers on the map.

I miss have a three letter abbreviation for territories.

• @Stoney229:

I highly recommend using Paint.NET.  Using the magic wand tool, you can hold SHIFT and click on your 2,5,0 color (tolerance = 0%) to select all 020500 pixels in the layer.  Ctrl+Shift+Click on a 000000 pixel will add all the black to the selection as well.  Read Section C of my tutorial for more tips/hotkeys.

Paint.NET is a great weapon to create the map.bmp file (the map that the human sees), but it can potentially corrupt your sektorinfo.bmp file (the map that AABattlemap reads). I had this problem creating E40 module (and I had a hard time guessing what was happening  :lol: ), so I suggest using good old basic paint to make sektorinfo.bmp. Just my 2 cents

E40 module coming soon …

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m