• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I hope there is a “good” chance that the map will be updated to reflect Alpha 3 changes.  Please.

Don’t ask me, I am a mathematician, not an artist and by that I mean I REALLY SUCK AT ART!  My stick figures are curvy, okay?  I suck at art!

• @Cmdr:

I hope there is a “good” chance that the map will be updated to reflect Alpha 3 changes.  Please.

Don’t ask me, I am a mathematician, not an artist and by that I mean I REALLY SUCK AT ART!  My stick figures are curvy, okay?  I suck at art!

Hehe, that’s me too, Jenn.  What changes even need to be made to the map?  I didn’t think they changed or clarified any boundaries or anything…… What am I missing?

@Gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

Hehe, that’s me too, Jenn.  What changes even need to be made to the map?  I didn’t think they changed or clarified any boundaries or anything…… What am I missing?

Mostly the price list should be updated for the price of the AA Gun, the movement chart for the Mechanized Infantry, the National Objectives at the bottom of the map.  Nothing else.  I would do it, but I dont know what font was used and I am not entirely sure I can restore the background image, if it’s a hybred of colors like you sometimes have (think France, with multiple blues used to make the color) I’d never get it to look right.

• Right - gotcha

Theoretically, I could just put a big white box over them and put in new text and it wouldnt matter what font was used…  Have to recreate all the charts and tables though…seems like a lot of work when we just need someone to delete the text and put in new text for the objectives.

• @Cmdr:

Theoretically, I could just put a big white box over them and put in new text and it wouldnt matter what font was used…  Have to recreate all the charts and tables though…seems like a lot of work when we just need someone to delete the text and put in new text for the objectives.

No - totally - try to get the people who did the map in the first place to make the adjustments.

• I always forget what font I used and end up having to go through and match the fonts anyway.  I have no time to that that now I’m afraid.  Maybe func remember what font was used - if not, then if you wanted to try to match the font and you find the right one it would be easy for me or func to update the map.

• Func does not like the constantly changing Alphas, so I doubt he’ll want to do it.  Maybe you can get the font from him, Jenn?

@Gamerman01:

Func does not like the constantly changing Alphas, so I doubt he’ll want to do it.  Maybe you can get the font from him, Jenn?

If he’s willing.  Otherwise, I could just erase the entire section and create new text…MS Paint can handle that at least…assuming no one else wants to do it. ehem.

• You should wait a bit. Don’t rush, because Mr. Harris said that he want make a new update (maybe the final version) in like 4-6 weeks. From I can understand, alpha 3 is even more provisional than latter versions. No much point updating the module

About the charts, the other time I simply copy pasted the letters from the old files  :-) And when I do the module for the last version, I’ll have not much to change. The list would be:

• Unit costs as you pointed
    • Some NO boxes here and there (I still prefer the NO boxes near to the zone they are related, good old AA50 style)
    • Setup in fact is the thing I hate more. One has to redo the whole setup to prevent glitches. Not difficult, be requires much work, and double check
    • I’ll check the optionals chart, just in case some of them are obsolete (probably the NAP and the merry mongolians)

As for the mongolians, not much work to do. If they stay as they are, simply I should delete the NAP box (the mongolians substitute the pact), and when they are activated, Japan’s simply must put an ‘allied friendly’ marker.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m