• No matter what I do or in which PC I install the module, always works, so I cannot fight the problem. However, all people, stay calmed

Let’s do this: here is a new link

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ae86o7l558hb8ho

This link includes a testing file. It’s yet the latest version (1.01), but it comes in a G40.gim folder instead of the old F40.gim folder. I also made a new start.aam file from scratch, but it’s not the setup, it has only a few national markers here and there to check if the module works. Check the names of the territories and any thing that could be wrong. I don’t want redo all the setup to find that still doesn’t work for all. If it works, all I must do is make the setup (and maybe even including the alpha setup as well)

The zip file is called ‘global_test’, and you should pick ‘Axis & Allies: Global 1940 (test)’ when start the game.

The installation: I think that here is where all the problems are. This is what you should do if you have problems with former versions:

1. Make backups of older files (just in case)
    2. Uninstall and delete all (just in case)
    3. Install aabattlemap from scratch
    4. Copy the .exe file that comes with the last version of P40 module from flamesofeurope.com (the file that makes convoy raids and air column totals work) to AABattlemap folder (this will change the original .exe for this new one)
    5. Download ‘global_setup.zip’ file
    6. Unzip latter file directly to AABattlemap folder. Don’t make the G40.gim folder before or after that, because the .zip file includes the folder
    7. Start a new game as ‘Axis & Allies: Global 1940 (test)’ and see if the issues are solved (remember that is not the setup, but a testing map)

Lately, this is the structure that folders should have. Let’s assume that you instaled AABattlemap directly in C:\ (hard disk or whatever name can have)

1. C:\
    2. Inside of that, the AABattlemap folder
    3. Inside of that, the G40.gim folder
    4. Inside of that, all the files related to the module, as sektorinfo.sek, the readme, etc. This MUST NOT have a G40.gim folder inside
    5. The path is (for sektorinfo.sek file):

C:\AABattlemap\G40.gim\sektorinfo.sek   ->   if you have this, this should be right

By the way, old savegames should NOT be compatible with this module

• @BadSpeller:

Mine is working fine.

On mine Italian Somaliland is called “Liberia”.

Then you didn’t downloaded the latest 1.01 version. You still have 1.00 version

• It works now

• Buf… finally!  :lol: OK, if works for all, I’ll include a OOB setup and an alternative alpha setup as well

• So what? It’s working for all? I need a positive reply from all the person that noticed failure with 1.01, so I can include the setup in this last fix

• You’ve done the hard part in putting this together, I sincerely thank you a million times over for that.

I noticed that the British fleet off Malaya causes a convoy raid against Japan for a value of 2.  This is wrong in two ways, Britain and Japan are not yet at war in turn 1, and the value of Siam is only 1, so the convoy raid value should only be 1.

• Working for me

• @corriganbp:

You’ve done the hard part in putting this together, I sincerely thank you a million times over for that.

I noticed that the British fleet off Malaya causes a convoy raid against Japan for a value of 2.  This is wrong in two ways, Britain and Japan are not yet at war in turn 1, and the value of Siam is only 1, so the convoy raid value should only be 1.

The ‘at war marker’ should be deleted then. As I’m not sure of what version are you using, wait until I fix the latest one (it only needs do the setup)

• @Funcioneta:

So what? It’s working for all? I need a positive reply from all the person that noticed failure with 1.01, so I can include the setup in this last fix

I’ll be downloading the fixed one and verifying that it works, tonight.  I’ll let you know.

• @corriganbp:

You’ve done the hard part in putting this together, I sincerely thank you a million times over for that.

It’s also wrong in a third way: there is just 1 warship in Z37, so it can only do 1 ipc of damage anyway.

• I am eagerly awaiting a problem free module. There is no pressure; take your time.  :-D

• Since tested fix was reported to solve the problems, I included the setup. Note that this one comes in a G40.gim folder. Old savegames should not work

To start a game, pick ‘Axis & Allies: Global 1940 v1.02’

Finally, no alpha setup. It’s just OOB, because Larry reported that mayor changes are coming (with non-agression treaty … yaaaay! Joy and pleasure! :mrgreen: ). When all the new changes are official, I’ll update

New link to download. I trust that this time all is solved, but yet you should notice me any error :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bhhjtxqtw4t43mw

• Funcioneta,

I do not see the convoy damage show up in infoview.  I downloaded the new file 1.02, but I do not see anything change when enemy vessels are in the sz.

• You have to download AABattlemap version 0.80a
    It’s a small fix included with P40 module in flamesofeurope.de
    Download the module (you need login): it includes a P40.gim folder and a small .exe file -> ignore P40.gim folder (unless that you want to install P40 module) and just copy-paste the .exe file to your AABattlemap folder (it will delete your old 0.79 exe file, so make a backup just in case)

• I downloaded .8 some time back.  I will have to double check to see since I have more than one version on here.

• (NZE/VICT for ANZAC) and the SZ connection off of SZ 64 does not touch Peru. Possible errors on the module map?

• Agh … you’re true with Peru/z64 (I’ll fix this when alpha+ is stable)

Not sure what do you mean with ‘NZE/VIC for ANZAC’

• Also, Larry has confirmed that Alberta borders CUS and Quebec borders Novo Scotia

• Same stuff, we need a official and definitive FAQ to fix that … first doesn’t border, now it borders … can’t he decide? After paying like 120 $ / € , we should at least have a game well tested and free of failures. This is not a Paradox videogame!  :oops:

Good point anyway, Calvin  :-)

• Sorry, it’s Krieg, not Larry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m