• @calvinhobbesliker:

Hey, can you link me to your beta module? I’ll change back to that for now.

Yes, that would be nice.  Since you over-wrote the beta, we don’t have a good map at all.

• @Proud:

I also have a messed up sektor file. Please try to fix. All the names on europe are messed up.

There’s 3.  There’s definitely a problem, Func.

• OK, I’ll make a fix because Liberia and Somaliland are messed anyway. But it cannot be a problem of the files, because I installed them in 3 different PCs and they work well (saving Liberia), and other people reported that they also have a working module. It must be a problem with the instalation

I’ll restore a link for the beta

• Func, I emailed you my ABattlemap.

• I restored the link for the beta. Check the first post

I think that I have a possible idea that it can be happening. I had a ‘pruebas’ (testing) non-complete file of the module in my mediafire folder. It’s possible that you accidentally downloaded it. I don’t know how, probably because of fails in mediafire. The file is now deleted. Try downloaging again the module. The right file is named ‘global_1_0’

• @Funcioneta:

I restored the link for the beta. Check the first post

I think that I have a possible idea that it can be happening. I had a ‘pruebas’ (testing) non-complete file of the module in my mediafire folder. It’s possible that you accidentally downloaded it. I don’t know how, probably because of fails in mediafire. The file is now deleted. Try downloaging again the module. The right file is named ‘global_1_0’

Yeah, that’s the one I just downloaded. It still doesn’t work.

• Small fix correcting minor errors. Let’s see if this time works for all. I even checked with viruses

http://www.mediafire.com/?cdvca7podwwkwcl

• For some reason the territoris still mixed up. Just downloaded global1_01

• It has to be a problem with the instalation. Check if Italian Somaliland is right. If not, you’re not installing right this

I fear that I’m going to redo the setup from scratch at this rate  :|

• @Funcioneta:

It has to be a problem with the instalation. Check if Italian Somaliland is right. If not, you’re not installing right this

It’s called West India

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Funcioneta:

It has to be a problem with the instalation. Check if Italian Somaliland is right. If not, you’re not installing right this

It’s called West India

Same

• Mine is working fine.

On mine Italian Somaliland is called “Liberia”.

• @BadSpeller:

Mine is working fine.

Then it’s not working fine

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@BadSpeller:

Mine is working fine.

Calvin, stop making false statements your brain can not back up!

Mine is working fine and does not have the problems outlined by you and Gamerman01.

Just because you read without comprehension (try reading reply #165, above), does not mean that the program is not working as programed.

• @BadSpeller:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@BadSpeller:

Mine is working fine.

Calvin, stop making false statements your brain can not back up!

Mine is working fine and does not have the problems outlined by you and Gamerman01.

Just because you read without comprehension (try reading reply #165, above), does not mean that the program is not working as programed.

I’m sorry I don’t remember every post in a 12 page thread, especially a post made 2 days ago.

If Italian Somaliland is called Liberia, it is not working fine, even if all of the other territories are labelled correctly. By fine, I don’t mean “only what Func says are mislabeled are mislabeled,” I mean “all territories are labelled correctly.”

• OK, I have some new information that might help pinpoint the problem.

I just downloaded Func’s latest version and repasted it to the F40.gim folder.  All the files were over-written.

I had changed a few territories and seazones the other day to the correct names.  After re-pasting Func’s files, those territories still have the names I gave them.  So when I had save the new names to sektorinfo.sek, they were not affected by the re-write of files.  There is no sektorinfo.sek file in my ABattlemap folder, there is only the new one in the F40.gim folder.  So how in the world did my changed names remain through the new over-write??

• @gamerman01:

OK, I have some new information that might help pinpoint the problem.

I just downloaded Func’s latest version and repasted it to the F40.gim folder.  All the files were over-written.

I had changed a few territories and seazones the other day to the correct names.  After re-pasting Func’s files, those territories still have the names I gave them.  So when I had save the new names to sektorinfo.sek, they were not affected by the re-write of files.  There is no sektorinfo.sek file in my ABattlemap folder, there is only the new one in the F40.gim folder.  So how in the world did my changed names remain through the new over-write??

Yes, that happened to me too. For example, I correctly renamed the Canadian territories, and they remained the same. I, in the beta version, made notes about the adjacency of Z118 and 109, which also remained.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

OK, I have some new information that might help pinpoint the problem.

I just downloaded Func’s latest version and repasted it to the F40.gim folder.  All the files were over-written.

I had changed a few territories and seazones the other day to the correct names.  After re-pasting Func’s files, those territories still have the names I gave them.  So when I had save the new names to sektorinfo.sek, they were not affected by the re-write of files.  There is no sektorinfo.sek file in my ABattlemap folder, there is only the new one in the F40.gim folder.  So how in the world did my changed names remain through the new over-write??

Yes, that happened to me too. For example, I correctly renamed the Canadian territories, and they remained the same. I, in the beta version, made notes about the adjacency of Z118 and 109, which also remained.

Very odd.  Let’s hope when Func wakes up in Spain that this is the clue he needs to fix.

• TripleA

i have never messed around with name changes.

i have downloaded funcs latest release and have not had the problems gamer and calvin say they have.

• Allweneed, I’m using these technical difficulties as an excuse not to post, so you know.  I’m not playing any Global or Europe until this is fixed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m