• @corriganbp:

Is there a module available for the Alpha set up including the new spaces for new bonuses?

No, nobody’s going to go to the trouble when Larry’s changing his mind on a daily basis.  Here’s the Alpha + setup, though.  I just made the changes and saved it.  Just do the NO’s manually - not gonna kill you.

Func did succeed in automating convoys and setting up an at-war status matrix.  Don’t push it by asking for more from him at this time (see his previous posts).

What we need is someone like Tim the Enchanter to work his art on the 1940 map the way he did with AA50.

1940 Alpha+ start.AAM

• I’d really like to try your Program Funcionets….but how do I do this?  Walk me through it like I am a dummy (I am).

Thanks in advance.

• Install AABattlemap and then the module. There is exhaustive information about this in the first post. Also, read the … readme file!  :lol:

• This really should be stickied.

• Here’s the Alpha+1 setup file.

AAG40_ALPHA+1.AAM

• Bump.

• Hello,

Experienced A&A player… but new at all this PBEM stuf. I would love to join and play.
    I’ve try to catch up posts here so I don’t repeat same questions. I’ve downloaded Battle map 0.8+ and G40 1.02 file. So I think I have it all.

Question : Map is truncated, I can’t see eastern of Korea, so basically I can’t see all Pacific. What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

• @BigBadBruce:

Hello,

Experienced A&A player… but new at all this PBEM stuf. I would love to join and play.
    I’ve try to catch up posts here so I don’t repeat same questions. I’ve downloaded Battle map 0.8+ and G40 1.02 file. So I think I have it all.

Question : Map is truncated, I can’t see eastern of Korea, so basically I can’t see all Pacific. What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

Try right clicking and moving the mouse to the right.

• Ok, thanks… does work…  :oops:

With my laptop pad, I couldn’t drag the map at first as I’m not use to use right button to drag and move left to drag right (move up to drag down).

Looking forward a game now… thanks.

• How do you get the alpha plus setup to work? I made a new file naming it G40A.gim copied everything from the G40 folder then replaced the orginial start with the new one and renamed it Start.AAM but it has an error when I bring it up.

• You cannot name the folder with more than 3 letters. Rename your new folder to G4A.gim instead

But the best option is simply redo start.aam file with the save option (otherwise, there will be compatibility issues)

• Is there a way to delete all the units on the map and start over? Because once again it did not work with the renamed folder?

• Delete ‘start.aam’ file, and then start a new game. Deploy the units and save as ‘start.aam’

• @basebalp21:

Is there a way to delete all the units on the map and start over? Because once again it did not work with the renamed folder?

Func’s response answers your question directly (and it is accurate), but the reason it did not work is because each .AAM file will only open with the module that has the same-named .GIM directory as the one that was used to create the .AAM.  In other words, the name of your module’s directory is tied to each save file you create using your module.  The reason for this (presumably) is so that you can open any saved-game file from the file dialog window (File > Open) and it will open in the correct module, regardless of what module is open at the time.  Does that make sense?

For more info, see my tutorial.  I’m pretty sure I wrote about this somewhere in there (best bet is to check the section on Start.AAM, or just do a search in the PDF).

• 2007 AAR League

Great Job!  I have a question.  What is the stuff in the 5th box from the left, Auto Convoy, USSR-Jap NAT, ACME Wall, ect…

Also, any plans to update the graphics on the Western map to include Victory Cities, Capitals, Territory names and SZ#'s like the Pacific map?

• G40 map is really nice Funcioneta, if you need help for remaining esthetics aspects, let me know.

• @Emperor:

Also, any plans to update the graphics on the Western map to include Victory Cities, Capitals, Territory names and SZ#'s like the Pacific map?

@BigBadBruce:

G40 map is really nice Funcioneta, if you need help for remaining esthetics aspects, let me know.

My circumstances now appear to be such that I may be able to resume work on my map within 2-3 months (for what it’s worth).

• Ooups… :oops:… sorry, I assumed it was Funcioneta’s work on the map. In any case, if I may help in any way, so I can also contribute for what I find excellent tool to reach distant players, just let me know.

I still prefer RL game with the board, but play by forum is nice to reach players from different region.

• @BigBadBruce:

Ooups… :oops:… sorry, I assumed it was Funcioneta’s work on the map. In any case, if I may help in any way, so I can also contribute for what I find excellent tool to reach distant players, just let me know.

I still prefer RL game with the board, but play by forum is nice to reach players from different region.

Yes, and you can play one turn at a time - you don’t have to have chunks of time for several hours at the same time as your friend!  Also nice to have a written record of everything, and copies of the map at each stage of the game.

Thanks for volunteering to help, Bruce.  And Stoney, anything you are able to do at any time will be much appreciated.

• is there a possibility to export the maps into a .jpg file or so?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m