@Funcioneta:

@calvinhobbesliker:

BTW, func, Alberta borders CUS

It doesn’t border. Krieg said this in the FAQs thread

looking at my gameboard they do touch

• Nope, deleting start.aam gives me a blank mislabeled map

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Nope, deleting start.aam gives me a blank mislabeled map

Deleting start.aam does not help me either.  There’s no way I’m going to manually fix each and every sektor, either.

• I downloaded the module in a PC in the university, and it works, so it’s not a problem of the file. It has to be a problem with the instalation. In this test, I instaled AABattlemap from scratch (from daak.de), then F40.gim and then 0.80a update of battlemap (from flamesofeurope). It works, even the convoys

I don’t know what’s the problem in your cases, but you should not edit the sektors because it’s highly probable that you’re going to have compatibility issues (specially with convoys). Try downloading the file again just in case you downloaded it corrupted somehow. Also, beware of direct access (is that the word?), because in some cases are corrupted or not well addressed. Try starting AABattlemap from the .exe file, not from a direct access in desktop

As last solution, send me by e-mail a zip file with your AABattlemap folder (including the F40.gim file instaled) and let’s see if I can discover what happened

• Func, I really appreciate you trying to help.

Please post the link to ABattlemap, and the link to the 8.0 alpha so that I can try a reinstall.

As I said, yes it did work for me on one computer but not on the other.  Unfortunately, I do almost all of my playing on the computer where it does not currently work, so I can’t play 1940 right now (yeah, real emergency!  :-)).

• AABattlemap from scratch (0.79):

http://daak.de/hilfe/download/setup79f.exe

0.80a version (you need log in and then download the file that comes with AAP40 module. Inside that latter download is the AAP40 module (ignore it) and a small .exe file. Unzip, copy and paste that .exe and it should work). In fact, I think that you have that, Gamer

http://www.flames-of-europe.de/

Always remember do backup files

Edit: AABattlemap has a uninstall tool. Maybe you should use it before reinstaling

• I tried everything, including uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything from scratch.  I still have the exact same problem - all the sectors on the Europe side of the board (and a few on the Pacific side) are all scrambled.

Seems to have something to do with how the Europe map was added onto the Pacific map, because India is labeled correctly, but West India (for example) is labeled “Fleet Gather zone 2”.  One of the sector files is messed up, or something.

• It’s very rare. Now I’m using my other PC, downloaded the module from my signature, and it works (it means that I have installed the module in 3 different PCs without problems). Send me your AABattlemap folder and let’s see what’s happening

• @Funcioneta:

It’s very rare. Now I’m using my other PC, downloaded the module from my signature, and it works (it means that I have installed the module in 3 different PCs without problems). Send me your AABattlemap folder and let’s see what’s happening

OK, I’ll send you files…

Remember that the exact same thing happened to Calvin, too.

Thanks for your time.

• How do I zip the files together? I can’t seem to send the individual modules

• @calvinhobbesliker:

How do I zip the files together? I can’t seem to send the individual modules

Depending on your e-mail program, you may be able to select multiple files to attach.

Func, I sent you 2 e-mails.  One with the contents of my F40.gim folder, and 1 with the contents of my ABattlemap folder.  See if you get the jumbled mess of territory labels that Calvin and I are getting.

• I try to select everything in ABattlemap, but it only attaches
    ABattleMap.exe 80K
    ABattleMap.ini 1K
    ABattleMap.txt 4K
    b242map.exe 38K
    bmp2map.exe 38K
    Cancel
    clbr12.dll 205K
    Cancel
    csek.exe 45K
    Cancel
    INSTALL.LOG 14K
    Cancel
    mt7r12.dll 29K
    Cancel
    OWNMAP.TXT 4K
    Cancel
    rcsek.txt 2K
    Cancel
    rsek.exe 37K
    Cancel
    Uninstal.exe 83K

If I select a folder like F40.gim, it won’t attach anything. I have to go inside the folder and attach the individual files

• Let’s see what he finds with mine.  If he figures it out, it will probably be the fix for you as well.

• I have gmail and yahoo mail. I conclude that I can’t attach entire folders, only individual items

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I have gmail and yahoo mail. I conclude that I can’t attach entire folders, only individual items

If you zip the folder it’s no problem to email it

(but true, one cannot mail folders as is)

• In Paint, how do I write text on the territories without creating a white background?

• @special:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I have gmail and yahoo mail. I conclude that I can’t attach entire folders, only individual items

How do I do that?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@special:

@calvinhobbesliker:

How do I do that?

It’s quite simple even, you rightclick on the folder you want zipped, and there you chose “add to archive” (or another one of the options if you prefer so)
    Will look abit like this:

… if you don’t have Winrar or a similar program, thén it will be hard.

In that case: http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

• Hey, can you link me to your beta module? I’ll change back to that for now.

• I also have a messed up sektor file. Please try to fix. All the names on europe are messed up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m