• '12

Absolutely beautiful man!  Another inspiration - I love the wooden decks on the ships and the detailed weathering/effects on the towers, etc - adds much more 3D look than stock models - truly excellent!

• Customizer

Thanks guys.  I’ll be periodically posting the rest of the Germans this week - any suggestions as to what nation you’d like to see next?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I believe I asked before, at least I think this was you… You used decals right? For the national symbols and the like?

How did that work out for you… ease of application, handling, alignment etc…

Great job by the way… The Germans llook so much more intimidating with the big swastikas on the bow.

• Customizer

Yeah - I use decals from Interstate 94.  How’d they work? Well at first… whew, frustrating. Some of this was due to inferior (before I discovered I-94) decals. That really does make a difference.  A couple other brands I tried had weak colors - bleed through, or you could see the dots from the printer, or the worst - they’d rip.  But once you get a method down - or check out some “how to” sites, it’s okay.  Still takes a lot of time, and coating is necessary to really seal 'em down (though I-94’s do take to dried acrylic really well - wouldn’t want to test it over time with handling though). Hmm - well, some intricate work is freehand, the “SS” and the nazi band itself is painted on, and of course the camo, tank treads, window work, the bomber girls, tank slogans, the Flying Tiger’s shark face, etc.  So really kind of a combo.

Glad ya like 'em!  Have to say the first time I took the set to a gaming group meeting (I usually only play with old friends) the reaction was quite overwhelming.  It provided quite a few laughs sometimes (since many units - that I’ll post, have names… like when the Sherman unit headed by Yankee Bill was the last unit - taking France by himself, or Brass Balls defended Manchuria on his own - a British tank).  :-D

• Customizer

Panzers.

Panzers all.jpg
    Panzers frontview.jpg

• Customizer

Panzers - side view.

Panzers sideview 1.jpg
    Panzers sideview 2.jpg
    Panzers sideview 3.jpg

• Customizer

German 88’s.

88s topview.jpg
    88s frontview.jpg

• Customizer

@AA_fourlife:

Now……this is a great opportunity for you to start your own business.!!!  People send you thier pieces, and you (in exchange for money) does all that to the pieces and sends them back to the owner!

Yeah - thanks for the thought, but it’s just not feasible, for three reasons.  I couldn’t vouch for times of completion upon commission - not even a rough estimate, I think my pay rate would be unreasonable, and I’d rather encourage people to paint their own - love seeing other paint jobs!  Though I do have a large amount of painted minis I’d be willing to trade - I call 'em scraps but there’s nothing wrong with them - in this 50th edition, I made nearly every unit unique to it’s nation, but I didn’t know what I could find to replace what unit - it was a gradual thing.  So in turn, I ended up painting a lot of minis that I ended up replacing with what I’m posting here (for example, I use the T-34s from the '42 edition, but I gave the original T-34s form the AA50th a full paint job/decals).  But I’m getting ahead of myself - I’ll post the scraps later…  :|

• Customizer

German Fighters

Messerschmitt

German fighters topview.jpg
    German fighters sideview.jpg

• Customizer

German bombers.

Ju-88 (Junker)

German bombers sideview.jpg
    German bombers topview.jpg
    German bomber close.jpg

• Customizer

An allied force next - my beloved U.S. of A.!

US Infantry all.jpg
    US Infantry rear.jpg

• Customizer

More U.S. infantry.

US Infantry closeup 1.jpg
    US Infantry closeup 2.jpg

• Customizer

U.S. subs… regrettably, this is one of the units I couldn’t find replacements for - so the U.K. and the U.S. share the same mini  :oops:  But eh, with FMG’s minis I’ll be able to completely trick out the global and not have this problem. :-D

Gato Class

US Subs topview.jpg
    US subs sideview.jpg

• Customizer

U.S. transports… eh, kinda boring, but there’s no mistaking them on the board  :wink:

Victory Class

US transports topview.jpg
    US transports sideview.jpg

• Customizer

U.S. Destroyers

Johnston Class

US Destroyers topview.jpg
    US Destroyers sideview.jpg

• Customizer

U.S. Cruisers

Northhampton Class

US Cruisers topview.jpg
    US Cruisers sideview.jpg

• Customizer

U.S. Battleships

Iowa Class

US Battleship topview.jpg
    US Battleship sideview.jpg

• Customizer

U.S. Carriers

Wasp Class

US Carriers topview.jpg
    US Carrier sideview.jpg

• these are sweet…… it makes me want to panit mine, what colors would i need? i have Flat white, dark green, flat green,
    sliver, blue, flat brown, light tan, flat red, flat yellow, aluminum, light blue, grey and flat black

• Customizer

Thanks I Rock, and cheers for the post - if not for the prompt I’d have forgotten to post others.  :-)

U.S. Artillery

105mm Howitzer

US artillery.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m