Imperious leader’s best moves for AAE40/ AAG40:

• Germany into 113, 112, 110, 109, 110, Holland, or alternatively: Germany into West Germany, Holland, 110, 109, 110, Holland

Bomber lands in Holland and can reach 6 spaces total.

I have a new concept for Russia and will post.

• Ok new concept for Soviet Union:

Stalin Line:

Builds
    R1= 8 Infantry, 1 Artillery…. place Art and 2 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R2= 3 Tanks, 4 Inf, 1 Artillery ( save one)… place 3 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R3= 3 tanks, 2 tactical bombers… place 3 tanks in Leningrad, Tactical bombers in Moscow
    R4= 10 Infantry

NCM for turns 1-3:

Stalin Line setup: ( this is what will be in position by turn G4 German attack)

Karelia 1 infantry
    Vyborg 1 infantry
    Novgorod 4 infantry, 3 tanks, 2 fighters, 1 tactical bomber
    Baltic 1 infantry
    Belarus 15 Infantry, 3 artillery
    Western Ukraine 12 Infantry, 2 artillery
    Bryansk 5 tanks, 2 mechanized
    Russia 2 tactical bombers
    Caucasus 3 infantry ( on R1 Soviets sent one infantry to get the 2 Persia infantry)
    Navy stays, except Soviet sub may move forward

• @Imperious:

Ok new concept for Soviet Union:

Stalin Line:

Builds
    R1= 8 Infantry, 1 Artillery…. place Art and 2 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R2= 3 Tanks, 4 Inf, 1 Artillery ( save one)… place 3 Inf in Leningrad, rest Moscow
    R3= 3 tanks, 2 tactical bombers… place 3 tanks in Leningrad, Tactical bombers in Moscow
    R4= 10 Infantry

NCM for turns 1-3:

Stalin Line setup: ( this is what will be in position by turn G4 German attack)

Karelia 1 infantry
    Vyborg 1 infantry
    Novgorod 4 infantry, 3 tanks, 2 fighters, 1 tactical bomber
    Baltic 1 infantry
    Belarus 15 Infantry, 3 artillery
    Western Ukraine 12 Infantry, 2 artillery
    Bryansk 5 tanks, 2 mechanized
    Russia 2 tactical bombers
    Caucasus 3 infantry ( on R1 Soviets sent one infantry to get the 2 Persia infantry)
    Navy stays, except Soviet sub may move forward

Should BB go to Z114 to block amphibs and to also make Germany attack 2 sea zones instead of 1 to kill the ships?

• What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?  It has a Naval Base and with a Minor factory it could influence the med quite a bit.

• @Daedelus:

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?   It has a Naval Base and with a Minor factory it could influence the med quite a bit.

The Minor factory is in Normandy, not Vichy

• Should BB go to Z114 to block amphibs and to also make Germany attack 2 sea zones instead of 1 to kill the ships?

No because Leningrad is weak, as the infantry stacks move south and place in Leningrad. Russia cant let it fall and her NO requires her to hold 115, which also defends Leningrad. Leningrad is only made ‘whole’ on R3 placements of 3 tanks.

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?

Germany cant reach it because it has to take paris to reach it

• @Imperious:

Should BB go to Z114 to block amphibs and to also make Germany attack 2 sea zones instead of 1 to kill the ships?

No because Leningrad is weak, as the infantry stacks move south and place in Leningrad. Russia cant let it fall and her NO requires her to hold 115, which also defends Leningrad. Leningrad is only made ‘whole’ on R3 placements of 3 tanks.

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?

Germany cant reach it because it has to take paris to reach it

No, the NO is tied to Z125, off Norway.

It cann reach souther France via northern Italy. Attack with tanks from Austria

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Daedelus:

What about Germany Capturing Southern France on turn 1?   It has a Naval Base and with a Minor factory it could influence the med quite a bit.

The Minor factory is in Normandy, not Vichy

I realize ther factory is in Normandy but I was thinking of buying a minor factory for southern France.  I’m playing my first game on Sunday and I am preparing what I will do if I draw Germany or Japan.

• It cann reach souther France via northern Italy. Attack with tanks from Austria

And lose tanks at 6 IPC to infantry for a couple of IPC? Never should you do that.

I left alone Normandy because the infantry need to be soakers, never will i trade a tank for 2 IPC.

France is finished after paris falls. That lone frenchy wont hurt anybody and will die next turn.

• You could bring a couple of mech infantry along with the tanks from west germany. These could act as soakers for the tanks.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m