• Does anyone have any tried and true alternate setups for 1939, 1940, 1941

If not, maybe we should make one, then work together to playtest it to perfection.

• If we want to tinker with the setup for an earlier point in the war, what’s to be done about France for '39 and '40? I think we’d have to redraw the map over there. It’s only one territory so there’s no room for maneuvering and it’s directly bordering Germany and Southern Europe. Unless we introduced political rules, if France isn’t ridiculously outgunned, she could probably take the weaker of the two, Southern Europe. Or if turn order dictates that a wise Germany would attack France before she can take a turn(or do something significant), then doesn’t game balance hinge on the dice in one early large battle? Even if the odds are massively in Germany’s favor, “extra” losses will really hurt the Axis and vice versa.

Just from a gaming standpoint, it could still be fun if the alternative setup didn’t follow strict historical constraints. In a way it could be easier to design.

• Yes I suppose, but I’m a cheapo, so I don’t want to buy $140 in A&A official games, and not really $40 on an Ink cartridge needed to print on of those maps+ player aids, after all my debit has $100 on it, and I’d have to work for four weeks to gain the money needed, then it’d be a chore persuading my mom to let me “waste” money on a game when it’s just going to “be replaced a year later”. Then by the time that’s done it’s late November and I need the money to cover Christmas. then I need to work it back until I have the money, then it’s february.

• @skinny1:

IL already did a 1939 game:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=18439.0

That version is set for the Global map, not the Spring 1942 map if I’m not mistaken.

You might want to check the House Rules/Variants sections of the forum (which is where this topic actually belongs), but I don’t think there’s anything there regarding Spring 1942.

I’ve thought of making a Spring 1941 version but I never quite finished it yet.

• Global 1939 is really based on AA50 on sea, and on land entirely new concept ( though for some reason the AAE40 map has some bearing to mine)

And yes this goes to house rules

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m