• If Germany does a sealion should Russia build a fleet to take UK back or threaten Germany or just focus on land units?
    Anyone built a fleet for Russia before (beef up that BB)?

• Interesting idea… but I’m not sure its a best use of Russia’s cash.  If UK falls, Russia will need every land unit it can afford to buy to handle a Barbarrosa attack boltered by UK cash.

However- I do like the idea of building a stack of subs to convoy-raid the hell out of Norway…

• I am just thinking that since Russia is such “a long way” from Germany, they could put out a nice large fleet and help retake UK/ help D-Day while slowly retreating their land troops. Make Barbarrosa turn around if  know what I mean; maybe even help put France back in the game. I guess I can only wish…  :-(

• I could see a Russian naval purchace once the German navy is sunk, and the majority of its air assets are destroyed. So maybe later in the game.

Subs would be usefull in the North for convoy raiding.

I would only buy a destroyer to block naval bombardment of Lenningrad……on truns after the orgional BB is sunk.

Other than that Germany will rape your fleet with air, subs and or its fleet.

You need as many boots on the ground as possible, even more so than Germany.

• If you ever need to liberate the UK, get the US.

• An hour ago I finished a game of Europe. My Soviet ally (I was UK and France) bought a sub every turn of peace. When war broke out the 4 subs spread out and caused a lot of German headaches. Norway’s convoy was blocked, another sub went to the French Atlantic coast to rair convoys, another one bolstered the British fleet (the Germans also had a sizeble fleet), and one was underway to the med sea.

Eventually the allies won, starting with a succesful invasion of Norway (Germany losing 13 points, because of 2 NO’s) and a major victory of US troops against the Italian African Army.

Because of the Soviet subs the Brits could turn all efforts towards an invasion fleet and a couple of units in South Africa (Italy captured Egypt and build an IC there).

• @Tavenier:

An hour ago I finished a game of Europe. My Soviet ally (I was UK and France) bought a sub every turn of peace. When war broke out the 4 subs spread out and caused a lot of German headaches. Norway’s convoy was blocked, another sub went to the French Atlantic coast to rair convoys, another one bolstered the British fleet (the Germans also had a sizeble fleet), and one was underway to the med sea.

Eventually the allies won, starting with a succesful invasion of Norway (Germany losing 13 points, because of 2 NO’s) and a major victory of US troops against the Italian African Army.

Because of the Soviet subs the Brits could turn all efforts towards an invasion fleet and a couple of units in South Africa (Italy captured Egypt and build an IC there).

Damn Norway is really important.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m