Is that French aircraft carrier ever going to actually be built?

• Including it was a nice gesture, but seriously…

• I don’t know, did you have to make this useless thread?

• rhesusman, welcome to the forum.

People have had some wild long games with past A&A titles.  I have heard of games with only US and Japan left as powers. Anything is possible.
    In late game (depending on the turn order), France might buy an AC for other Allied Fighters to ‘land’ on. Everything is dependant on the situation.

UN Spacy, at least let new members have 50 posts before you get mean and chase them away.

• Including it was a nice gesture, but seriously…

It’s there for the same reason there are 2 (two!) russian aircraft carriers and 2 (two!) russian battleships in revised. No one ever builds them, but they’re still there… just in case…

On a side note, if anyone actually builds the French aircraft carrier, you can tell us about it here: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=19166.0

• '10

Think the french get a half set of gaming pieces, BB and CV included.

Maybe these vessels will never be build, but it’s good to have the alternative to do so.

• @UN:

I don’t know, did you have to make this useless thread?

Harsh man. Leave the infantry alone.

• I hope someone builds a French Carrier.  Since I got my game, I’ve been thinking of different ways to play the game.  It gets boring if you do the same thing over and over again just relying on dice rolls for different outcomes.

• i was thinking of useing the french as warsaw pact troops in a cold war varient of global,so the carrier might come in handy.

• As a Bulgarian CV? ;-)

Well, in a global game it could happen that Germany is doing terribly and Japan is doing excellent, so the game is still interesting. If France is freed and Germany heavily crippled, then it could happen that France is able to build a CV. Very theoretical, I know, but still……

• @UN:

and this comment helps?

• He’s just a little miffed that France sucked wind in WWII.

He’ll get over it.

• @UN:

Did you need to be mean like that?

Although I think France will not buy an aircraft carrier. I think if Germany and Italy fall I would just build a minor IC in French Indo China and build there with planes and stuff to do random air invasions on Japan.

• '10

I’m glad it was included.  There will be lots of variants in the future like 1939… COLD WAR etc?

• @FieldMarshalGames:

I’m glad it was included.  There will be lots of variants in the future like 1939… COLD WAR etc?

When I end a game as the Allies sometimes I have UK and US fight USSR, but the Soviets always lose. I also do Germany vs. Japan. This will be easier now more bigger Russia and eastern Bloc.

• @reloader-1:

He’s just a little miffed that France sucked wind in WWII.

He’ll get over it.

Whatever floats your boat buddy.  :roll:

• @UN:

@reloader-1:

He’s just a little miffed that France sucked wind in WWII.

He’ll get over it.

Whatever floats your boat buddy.  :roll:

I’ve just noticed your posts on defending French “honneur” whenever it is attacked. No offense intended.

Oh, here’s a boat for you:

(French Aircraft Carrier “Bearn”

• @General:

@UN:

Harsh man. Leave the infantry alone.

He’s not even an infantry he’s a new conscript.

• France will almost certainly never build an A/C, but you know the people on this board.  Can you image the hue and cry, the outraged indignation, the tremendous uproar there would have been had it NOT been included?

• If France didn’t recieve a carrier how long would it take before there is a thread here complaining about that and then call WOTC and call them chimps and demand a carrier for country that will probably never build it….ever

EDIT; super major grammer error

• Including the carrier lets people modify the game with house rules. Maybe France wouldn’t build a carrier after Dunkirk, but they might in 1939.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m