Straights of Gibralter and Danish Straights

• So with the new rule creating straights it seems like Italy is going to not bother investing in a navy and just leave a large unit stack on Gibraltar so it never has to engage in fleet combat against the mighty United States. If I were Italy I would leave around 10 infantry and a couple of tanks and fighters on Gibralter and a bunch of transports waiting around Italy for counter-attacking any incursions into Gibraltar.

I also really like the Danish straights rule too.  It will make the game much more realistic considering the allies couldn’t have just steered their navy into the Baltic with Germany waiting for them at the Danish pass.  This will make it much easier for Germany to defend Norway as well because all she has to do is leave a decent fleet protecting transports in z113 acting as a bridge.  I’d have four or five transports with Germany there myself.  I’d use the transports initially to more easily take out Leningrad in the first few turns and then hang on to them to make sure I can maintain control of Norway.

• I have not received my copy yet to read up on the rules, but what you are describing sounds like the canal rule. I am assuming you must controle both sides in order to pass through?

• it is similar to the canal rule, however only gibralter has to be owned for the straits of gib and only dennmark for access to the baltic sea.

• Pg 9 of the rules clarifies canals and narrow straits.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m