• calvinhobbesliker,

Thanks for the very quick responce. So once an axis power goes to war with the US, the US is at war with ALL axis powers no matter what. It’s upto the US to attack that axis nation or nations to help out allied forces, or to protect themselves, basicaly continue playing the game being on the side of the other allies ( depending if by then, all allies are in the war…! )

US3…understand your answer.

• @sala33:

calvinhobbesliker,

Thanks for the very quick responce. So once an axis power goes to war with the US, the US is at war with ALL axis powers no matter what. It’s upto the US to attack that axis nation or nations to help out allied forces, or to protect themselves, basicaly continue playing the game being on the side of the other allies ( depending if by then, all allies are in the war…! )

US3…understand your answer.

Well, the US doesn’t have to go to war, but it usually does

• Does Bulgaria border Turkey? Does Greece border the Black Sea?

• Customizer

Krieg,

In the new tech rules paratroopers are referred to as ‘Air units’. Long range aircraft states that "all of your air units ranges are increased by one space.’ Is this technology meant to also increase paratroopers range by one meaning that paratroopers may move 4 spaces or was the use of ‘air units’ referring to paratroopers simply unfortunate wording?

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

Krieg,

In the new tech rules paratroopers are referred to as ‘Air units’. Long range aircraft states that "all of your air units ranges are increased by one space.’ Is this technology meant to also increase paratroopers range by one meaning that paratroopers may move 4 spaces or was the use of ‘air units’ referring to paratroopers simply unfortunate wording?

Oooh!  Great question, Bob!

• @Krieghund:

@Tommietomaat:

but it says at the end of turn 3.

No, it says at the beginning of the Collect Income phase of turn 3.

@Daedelus:

Has there been a ruling on New Brunswick Boardering Quebec yet?

No, but my money’s on them being adjacent.

Thanks Kreig.

• Thanks once again~!~

• Official Q&A

@calvinhobbesliker:

Does Bulgaria border Turkey? Does Greece border the Black Sea?

No and yes.

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

Krieg,

They are not referred to as “air units”.  It says they are subject to AA fire “in the same way as air units”.  Their range is unaffected by Long Range Aircraft.

@gamerman01:

When claiming a friendly neutral in noncombat with a ground unit, can the power land aircraft in that friendly neutral in that same noncombat phase?

No.

• Quote from: Tommietomaat on August 30, 2010, 12:28:13 pm
    but it says at the end of turn 3.

No, it says at the beginning of the Collect Income phase of turn 3.

Dowh, i have reread the rules and you are correct.
    thx Krieg !

• @Krieghund:

No, but my money’s on them being adjacent.

I would agree, otherwise US east borders sz 106 (Quebec seazone)

• Official Q&A

No, it doesn’t.  Eastern United States meets sea zone 106 at a point (if they meet at all).  They do not share a common border, regardless of the relationship between Quebec and New Brunswick/Nova Scotia.

• In regards to the Union Jack symbol (2 in the game). One is used on the production chart.

I like that they included 2. If you are a throwback to old axis and prefer paper money for laying your pieces on as a visual aid, you can keep 1 UK symbol on one pile of cash and the extra union jack on the India cash pile.

While cash can get confused more easily then someone miss adding on a paper tracking system; being able to break up the cash and place units on it, while waiting for your turn really helps me out.

• @gamerman01:

You can march ground units from Eire to Scotland to UK, all without boats??  Really?

Krieghund, when you replied “yes” I think it was to this question.

I can’t get over this one.  Why in the world can you walk from Eire to Scotland (the part of Scotland that’s on the same island as the UK)?  This is a significant gameplay issue, if Germany can land ground troops 2 land spaces away from London.

It is a 21 mile wide strait, no different from the English Channel or other straits in the game (Turkish, Gibraltar, etc).

You can’t walk across the English Channel or the Turkish straits, or from North Africa to Gibraltar.  In 1940, was it possible to transfer massive amounts of troops and tanks across the North Channel?

Or are we just going to pretend, for gameplay reasons?  The boardgame map has a UK roundel connecting Scotland across the strait.  You do know there’s not land under it, right?  :-)

• In Italy’s NO for E40, that there are no allied units in Africa, do “units” include AA guns, IC’s, or air/naval bases? Is Madagascar included as part of Africa?

• Kreig, can the US build into SZ 106 (Quebec’s SZ) from the E US?  There’s a little bit of the USA touching the SZ where the St. Lawrence enters the Gulf of St. Lawrence.  (Though, for reality’s sake, this is really just joking.)

• @SgtBlitz:

Kreig, can the US build into SZ 106 (Quebec’s SZ) from the E US?  There’s a little bit of the USA touching the SZ where the St. Lawrence enters the Gulf of St. Lawrence.  (Though, for reality’s sake, this is really just joking.)

Don’t even think about it, Sgt!  :wink:
    Krieg has already said numerous times that the USA doesn’t touch this (Canadian) sea zone.  (maybe that’s what you meant by joking?)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

In Italy’s NO for E40, that there are no allied units in Africa, do “units” include AA guns, IC’s, or air/naval bases? Is Madagascar included as part of Africa?

Well, if it’s consistent with past A&A, it would include AA guns, but not facilities or complexes.

• if i attack a land territory of a power with which i am at war, that also contains units of a power with which i am not at war, how is the combat worked out?

• @tacarlyle:

if i attack a land territory of a power with which i am at war, that also contains units of a power with which i am not at war, how is the combat worked out?

You are not allowed to attack a land territory that has units of a power with which you are not at war.  Page 15, sidebar, under “Combat” First sentence!

• @gamerman01:

@tacarlyle:

if i attack a land territory of a power with which i am at war, that also contains units of a power with which i am not at war, how is the combat worked out?

You are not allowed to attack a land territory that has units of a power with which you are not at war.  Page 15, sidebar, under “Combat” First sentence!

omg that was fast, thanks so much!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m