• Krieghund,

Rulebook says Russia gets the 5 IPC NO for being at war, having Z125 clear of convoy raids, and Arcangel.

Please define “at war”.  Does this include a turn 1 DOW on Japan, or even on just any neutral?  They don’t have to be at war with Germany or Italy to get this NO?  Sheesh, and I thought Russia was a beast without this NO for a few rounds…

<mutters to=“” self=“”>Don’t see how the Axis can win this game…  <mutters to=“” self=“”>  gotta play it a few times first, gotta play it a few times first…</mutters></mutters>

• So… This is my first post on the forum but i have been following it for a long time… ( it was here i learned about the 1940 games )

I was wondering about the research issue. I liked the research tokens from anniversary edition. But i must say that in the global game there seems to be a lot more ipc´s at hand and im worried that if tokens is used then the techs will be to easy to get… I mean US and Germany will probably have no problems buying a token or 2 each turn where i dont think japan and britain will… Will it knock the game askew… ?

Have anyone tried using the reasearch tokens ?

• @gamerman01:

Don’t worry, dudes.  There are no researcher tokens in the 1940 game.

Yet they have an ipc tracker in the rulebook. Why? It’s only useful for 1 round

• Scan or photocopy the IPC chart for multiple uses.

• '22 '19 '18

Krieg quesiton.

Just to clairfy a victory condition when it says hold the victory cities (or capitals) for an entire round does that mean until the capturing nation’s turn or entrie round from Germany to France.  So lets say Japan captures the 14 VC for the axis, the allies have until Japans next turn to recapture the VC and if not it is a axis win? Correct?

Also lets say that Japan captures San Fran giving the axis 14 cities, then Italy takes Moscow giving Axis 15 VC and Japan loses SF to America giving Axis 14 again, would the game end when it can to Japan’s turn since they had 14 the whole time or Italy’s turn since the “14” VC was lost?

Thanks in advance.

• @cond1024:

Krieg quesiton.

Just to clairfy a victory condition when it says hold the victory cities (or capitals) for an entire round does that mean until the capturing nation’s turn or entrie round from Germany to France.  So lets say Japan captures the 14 VC for the axis, the allies have until Japans next turn to recapture the VC and if not it is a axis win? Correct?

Also lets say that Japan captures San Fran giving the axis 14 cities, then Italy takes Moscow giving Axis 15 VC and Japan loses SF to America giving Axis 14 again, would the game end when it can to Japan’s turn since they had 14 the whole time or Italy’s turn since the “14” VC was lost?

Thanks in advance.

It’s quite clear on page 24, actually.  Did you read that part yet?

• @gamerman01:

Krieghund,

Rulebook says Russia gets the 5 IPC NO for being at war, having Z125 clear of convoy raids, and Arcangel.

Please define “at war”.  Does this include a turn 1 DOW on Japan, or even on just any neutral?  They don’t have to be at war with Germany or Italy to get this NO?  Sheesh, and I thought Russia was a beast without this NO for a few rounds…

<mutters to=“” self=“”>Don’t see how the Axis can win this game…  <mutters to=“” self=“”>gotta play it a few times first, gotta play it a few times first…</mutters></mutters>

Judging by the 3 conditions of the NO, this is all about getting Western Allies aid for the war with Germany and Italy.  There is no way they would give aid when Russia is neutral with Europe and only skirmishing with Japan in the East.  Please tell me I’m right, and this NO requires that Russia is at war with the European Axis.

• '22 '19 '18

It’s quite clear on page 24, actually.  Did you read that part yet?

No I haven’t got my game yet, ordered from coolstuff and won’t get it till Monday 8/30.  Played 1 game with another guy in my group who got it from a local store but I didn’t get a chance to read the rule book, to focus on game at hand.  I will check it out when I get it.

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

Krieg, I noticed this afternoon on page 22 under Phase 5: Mobilize New Units:

“The number of units that can be produced by each IC each turn is limited to 10 for major ICs and 3 for minor ones.  (If you are upgrading a minor IC to a major one, you may mobilize up to 3 other units from that IC this turn)”

Whaaaa???  Does this mean you can place 6 units there that turn?  If so, why don’t the rules just say so?

It means you can mobilize the upgraded IC plus three other units.

@gamerman01:

<mutters to=“” self=“”>Don’t see how the Axis can win this game…  <mutters to=“” self=“”>gotta play it a few times first, gotta play it a few times first…</mutters></mutters>

The USSR must be at war with Germany and/or Italy to get this NO.  This will be in the errata.

@cond1024:

Fourteen cities must be held until the power that captured the fourteenth’s next turn.  They need not be the same fourteen cities as long as at least fourteen were held continuously for the entire round.

@calvinhobbesliker:

Is the Union Jack Roundel for London or Calcutta?

Calcutta.

@gamerman01:

How does tech work for the UK?  Does the whole UK all share the same tech, and the researchers can be purchased from either economy?  Are they all purchased at once, then?  So the UK could spend 5 from India and 5 from UK to buy 2 researchers at the same time?

Either or both economies may pay, and both benefit.

• Hi all!

UK has 2 nat.obj. Who collects those as UK economy is split between London and Calcutta? We figured that it should end up in London, but I’d like to hear opinions/official answer.

• Official Q&A

London.  See page 34 of the Rulebook.

• AAG40

Russia turn 1: declares war on Japan.

Is Russia was allowed to take neutrals on its turn?

AAE40 Rulebook pg.10>‘Friendly Neutrals’>par 2>"They can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power that is at war (see Noncombat Move, pg 21).

Pg 33 The Soviet Union may not declare war on any European Axis power before turn four….

I wonder about the”…,in addition to the normal restrictions,…"part. Of what do these ‘normal restrictions’ refer to?

• hey quick Question

what are the union jack 2 circle territory markers for?

i assume india’s wadge in the pacific for AAG40?

can’t find it in the rule book.

• Official Q&A

@BadSpeller:

AAG40

Russia turn 1: declares war on Japan.

Is Russia was allowed to take neutrals on its turn?

Yes.

@BadSpeller:

I wonder about the”…,in addition to the normal restrictions,…"part. Of what do these ‘normal restrictions’ refer to?

The restrictions on powers not at war described in the sidebar on page 15 of the Rulebook.

@herman88:

what are the union jack 2 circle territory markers for?

Tracking the UK Pacific economy’s income on the National Production Chart in the global game.

• Assuming none of the Axis powers end up causing the US to declare war, and they declare by the end of their third turn, do they collect those 30 IPC’s that turn or do they have to wait until their 4th?

• but it says at the end of turn 3.
    so turn 3 is over.
    i assume you collect your income first and then the turn is ended.

its kinda weird to end your turn, declare war, and then collect income, right ?

• @Krieghund:

@calvinhobbesliker:

then logically, Nova and Quebec border each other

That doesn’t necessarily follow.  The four spaces appear to meet at a point, which indicates that Eastern United States doesn’t border sea zone 106 and Quebec doesn’t border New Brunswick/Nova Scotia.  The question is whether the St. Lawrence Seaway is meant to be an extension of sea zone 106, dividing the latter two territories, or just a passable border between them.

Has there been a ruling on New Brunswick Boardering Quebec yet?

• Official Q&A

@Tommietomaat:

but it says at the end of turn 3.

No, it says at the beginning of the Collect Income phase of turn 3.

@Daedelus:

Has there been a ruling on New Brunswick Boardering Quebec yet?

No, but my money’s on them being adjacent.

• I found this link topic, so decided to continue the US questions…!

MUST the US wait till turn 3 to collect the extra 30 IPC’s…( unless axis don’t commit war on the US b4 turn 3 )…?

Once an axis powers makes war with US, how can the US choose who to go to war with? Meaning does the US player announce openly to everyone who US is at war with…?

Thanks…the wording in the rules makes it to me confusing. If you read German’s example, and Germans attack US, it doesn’t have any conflict with UK/ANZAC or Soviet.

Just trying to work around my US question.

Thanks greatly again,

Sala :-D

• @sala33:

I found this link topic, so decided to continue the US questions…!

MUST the US wait till turn 3 to collect the extra 30 IPC’s…( unless axis don’t commit war on the US b4 turn 3 )…?

Once an axis powers makes war with US, how can the US choose who to go to war with? Meaning does the US player announce openly to everyone who US is at war with…?

Thanks…the wording in the rules makes it to me confusing. If you read German’s example, and Germans attack US, it doesn’t have any conflict with UK/ANZAC or Soviet.

Just trying to work around my US question.

Thanks greatly again,

Sala :-D

Yes, if no axis declares war on it and Japan doesn’t make a unprovoked attack on the British or Dutch or Australians, US must wait till US3. When a power declares war on the US, the US can declare war on all axis powers

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m