• Official Q&A

Yes, they are.  This was a misstatement in the rules and will be corrected in the FAQ.

• @Funcioneta:

@Krieghund:

As usual, Calvin’s right.

What was the reasoning? AA guns are land units

It should be ‘land units with attack value’.

Problem solved, as our friend Wardog also hinted at.

• For the situation of “I have lots of money and am rubbing it in”, can you buy a naval base for a territory with no adjacent sea zone? My friend and I have a tradition of trying to outdo each other with useless buys when we’re going to win and have lots of unnecessary money.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

For the situation of “I have lots of money and am rubbing it in”, can you buy a naval base for a territory with no adjacent sea zone? My friend and I have a tradition of trying to outdo each other with useless buys when we’re going to win and have lots of unnecessary money.

Absolutely.  You can build a naval base on any land territory.

• Official Q&A

Naval bases may only be built in territories that are adjacent to sea zones.

• @Krieghund:

:roll: So I was wrong on a totally meaningless rule!

Betcha can’t buy more than one base per tty either, right?  :roll:

kdfsjljk… Just buy extra AA guns at the new discounted price of 5 IPC’s (per Alpha +.2 anyway) and stockpile them in the same territory where they would be redundant.  That’s a good way to show off.

• '10

Buying a fleet for the Caspian Sea is a good way to show your wealth and rub it in  :-D

• @gamerman01:

@Krieghund:

kdfsjljk… Just buy extra AA guns at the new discounted price of 5 IPC’s (per Alpha +.2 anyway) and stockpile them in the same territory where they would be redundant.  That’s a good way to show off.

Here’s a better idea: spend it on as many factories as you can buy. For example, japan can buy a minor for each Chinese tt, the US for Alaska, Mexico, and Brazil, UK for Egypt, Persia, Ontario, Scotland, West India, and malaya, Germany for its European holdings and Russia for all its Southern 2 ipc tt.

• @Sime:

Buying a fleet for the Caspian Sea is a good way to show your wealth and rub it in  :-D

Or a fleet in the Great lakes or Lake Ladoga or Lake Biakal(all illegal anyway)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@Krieghund:

Here’s a better idea: spend it on as many factories as you can buy. For example, japan can buy a minor for each Chinese tt, the US for Alaska, Mexico, and Brazil, UK for Egypt, Persia, Ontario, Scotland, West India, and malaya, Germany for its European holdings and Russia for all its Southern 2 ipc tt.

The point is for it to be pointless though. IC’s aren’t. Unless I put one in greenland. That might work.

• @kdfsjljklgjfg:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@Krieghund:

The point is for it to be pointless though. IC’s aren’t. Unless I put one in greenland. That might work.

They are pointless if you never use them…

• Only in AA42 and earlier games could you build ICs on 0 or 1 ipc territories.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Only in AA42 and earlier games could you build ICs on 0 or 1 ipc territories.

Yep, definitely harder to waste money now.  Buy tech!!!  Spending 20 on tech with ANZAC sends a message, right Calvin?  :-D

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Only in AA42 and earlier games could you build ICs on 0 or 1 ipc territories.

Yep, definitely harder to waste money now.  Buy tech!!!  Spending 20 on tech with ANZAC sends a message, right Calvin?  :-D

I recall spending over 15.

Anyway, apparently, this is an example of one of the reasons I should kill myself.

• '12

Calvin, don’t do it!!!  :-P

• Just noticed something when reading the scramble section again.

Can you only scramble when an island with an airbase is being attacked?

If so are Japan, Australia, and Britain islands?

Does China have an actual capital for the Axis to take over and take China’s IPCs?

• In OOB, only islands can scramble. Japan is an island; Oz and the UK are not.

China has no capital and doesn’t lose ipcs.

• In the Alpha.+1 rules under the new scramble rules.

Can different countries all scramble together as along as there are no more then 3 fighters? So like a combination of two U.S and one U.K. fighters on a U.K. island or coastal territory

• yes

• Here is the scenerio U.S. want to invade German coastal territory A. The sea zone the U.S. is invading from is touching both territory A and territory B. Territory B has an airbase with fighters on it. Can Germany scramble fighters from territory B even though the attack is on territory A?

Does the attacker have to assign where everything is going before the defender decides to scramble? Meaning you better have enough protection at sea if you send everything inland for an invasion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m