• Official Q&A

@Slacker:

Is there no point in attacking Mongolia aside from position? Are they treated as a strict neutral in the Global game?

Yes, they are strict neutral territories.

@Karl7:

Any hint when the FAQ will be published?

Apparently it will be published when Alpha is completed.

• Re: Mech infantry movement-

Krieg, I just want to confirm my understanding of movement of a Mech infantry as I understand the definition of “blitzing” as there are SO many questions relating to “blitzing”.

Blitzing refers ONLY to taking control of an unoccupied territory as the first space of a 2 space move (by tank or tank/mech inf).  Change in control is the defining feature of a Blitz, not movement itself.  It never refers to the movement of 2 spaces as a combat move in and of itself, correct?  Combat moving 2 spaces (total) through a friendly territory and ending in a hostile territory is thus NOT a blitz (as a hostile empty territory was not captured).

Thus a mech infantry can move during combat in 3 possible ways:

1. 1 space, into a hostile territory (empty or otherwise) and stopping.
    2. Alone - 2 spaces, through a friendly territory and into a hostile territory (empty or otherwise) and stopping (this is NOT blitzing)
    3. Paired - 2 spaces, through an empty hostile territory which is Blitzed (control established), and into any other friendly or hostile territory.

Or, is ANY 2 space movement in the combat phase considered a “blitz”, in which case a mech infantry can only move two spaces during the combat phase with a tank, even if no empty hostile territory is “blitzed” in that first move?

• @kcdzim:

Re: Mech infantry movement-

You have it right with your three options. Think of mechs as infantry units that can move two spaces. If they’re paired with a tank, they can blitz as well. If not, they have to stop in the first enemy territory they enter, even if it’s empty.

• @Slacker:

@kcdzim:

Re: Mech infantry movement-

You have it right with your three options. Think of mechs as infantry units that can move two spaces. If they’re paired with a tank, they can blitz as well. If not, they have to stop in the first enemy territory they enter, even if it’s empty.

good.  because I’ve seen so many posts refer to two space movement as blitzing that my brain was starting to bleed.

• Official Q&A

It’s a common misconception that any two-space movement is a blitz, which has led to a lot of confusion regarding mechanized infantry movement.  What you have written is correct:

@kcdzim:

Blitzing refers ONLY to taking control of an unoccupied territory as the first space of a 2 space move (by tank or tank/mech inf).  Change in control is the defining feature of a Blitz, not movement itself.  It never refers to the movement of 2 spaces as a combat move in and of itself, correct?  Combat moving 2 spaces (total) through a friendly territory and ending in a hostile territory is thus NOT a blitz (as a hostile empty territory was not captured).

• Quote from wikipedia-article about “Axis and Allies”

“To streamline the game and correct balance issues, Global 1940 is under revision and a new ruleset will be published in 2011”.

I guess this means that only new rules will be published 2011 (But how? Downloadable rulebooks on the official website?) or is there a plan to launch a complete new set (with new boards etc.)?

• @polybios:

Quote from wikipedia-article about “Axis and Allies”

“To streamline the game and correct balance issues, Global 1940 is under revision and a new ruleset will be published in 2011”.

I guess this means that only new rules will be published 2011 (But how? Downloadable rulebooks on the official website?) or is there a plan to launch a complete new set (with new boards etc.)?

I’m pretty sure this is in reference to the work Larry is doing with the alpha+.2 setup. When he is finished it will most likely be posted in PDF form like the AAP40 faq. He is also going to submit it to WotC to be included in future reprints of the game. Though the future reprints may or may not occur.

• Thanks, Meethos!  :-)

• Can you activate a friendly neutral on your way to attacking an enemy tt?

i.e. german tank in Nrwy goes to finland and then attacks Karelia

• @The:

Can you activate a friendly neutral on your way to attacking an enemy tt?

i.e. german tank in Nrwy goes to finland and then attacks Karelia

Nope! The friendly neutral part is a non-combat move.

• Official Q&A

Also, movement must stop once you enter a friendly neutral.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Also, movement must stop once you enter a friendly neutral

LOL That’s my favourite part,

If you have a GOOD axis campaign going, where you turn ALL neutrals pro-allied,  and you get an Axis South America campaign, the american’s can’t “Blitz in” to stop you! :P :P :P

• Fighters and Tactical bombers can scramble from Japan since it’s an island, right?

if Japan get’s taken over by the allies, it’s complex is reduced to a minor. But if Japan takes it back, could it upgrade to a major? The reason I ask this is because IC are not supposed to be built on islands.

Thanks,

–Giovanni

• @giovdb:

Fighters and Tactical bombers can scramble from Japan since it’s an island, right?

if Japan get’s taken over by the allies, it’s complex is reduced to a minor. But if Japan takes it back, could it upgrade to a major? The reason I ask this is because IC are not supposed to be built on islands.

Thanks,

–Giovanni

Yes to scrambling per OOB rules.  Alpha revised airbases to allow scrambling to any sz adjacent to an airbase, but is limited to 3 aircraft per airbase total (so the UK can scramble, as well as Germany, Norway, Italy, etc.)

Yes to upgrading.  Easily justified as seperate from island IC rules as setup is completely different from placement.

• Hi there!

My first post!  :-)

Always been bothered with this NO-question and would like to have some clarification. Hope some can shed some light on this… The weekend after next setting up AAG40 with my friends and playing axis…

At the start of the game (AAG40 Alpha2+) what is the starting IPC of each nation?

What makes it unclear to me? - The ‘at peace’-type of bonus. :?

For example,
    at J1,

• comprises Japan’s starting IPC of both the ‘at peace with Allies’-bonus AND its territorial income,
      or
    • comrises Japan’s starting IPC just the territorial income and has the ‘at peace with Allies’-bonus to be earned and can only be collected at the collect income of J1 and be spent for the first time in J2

Seems logical to me to include it, but I think some consensus on this forum would convince my friends better than just my compelling arguments…  :-D

• According to Krieg, all countries start with income just from their territory.  The bonus come into play during the collect income phase.  I believe this was answered on the forums over at Harris Game Design

• Official Q&A

Welcome, soldaatvanoranje!

Leddux is correct.

• Can Rockets attack bases or can they just attack Industrial Complexes?

Side note UBCON XXII is a “game convention” at the University of Buffalo’s North Campus in April.  I believe someone will be running an all day Saturday G40 event.

• Thanks!!

And I must add, that’s really quick!!

Thanks again, can’t wait to kick-off again!!

• Official Q&A

@leddux:

Can Rockets attack bases or can they just attack Industrial Complexes?

They can only attack industrial complexes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m