• @gamerman01:

If you do not have a destroyer and you get hit by a sub, you gone, man!  You don’t get to fire.

Unless, of course, you merely damage a CV or BB

• Official Q&A

@94Canuck:

Please confirm.

Surprise Strike for Subs.  Attacking subs score a hit, this hit is recorded and the unit moves behind the casualty strip.

Yes, unless the unit is damaged rather than destroyed.

@94Canuck:

Defending subs fire and score a hit, the attackers unit is removed prior to general sea combat.

Yes, as long as it’s destroyed, and not merely damaged.

@94Canuck:

Do the defending units which took a hit from the attacking subs get removed or do they get a chance to attack in general combat?  Or do they only get to attack if the defending unit which takes a hit is a sub?

All casualties are removed at the end of step 2.  Only units that didn’t fire and weren’t destroyed in step 2 will fire in steps 3 and 4.

• If the Allies liberate one of the originally Japanese territories with a Chinese marker on them, and then either Italy or Germany take it back, is the territory liberated back to Japan or do Italy or Germany keep it?

To make this clearer, I’ll use an example.

CHI3: Shanghai is taken from Japan by China.

GER4: Germany takes Shanghai.

Is Shanghai now German or Japanese?

• @hewhoisnickel:

If the Allies liberate one of the originally Japanese territories with a Chinese marker on them, and then either Italy or Germany take it back, is the territory liberated back to Japan or do Italy or Germany keep it?

To make this clearer, I’ll use an example.

CHI3: Shanghai is taken from Japan by China.

GER4: Germany takes Shanghai.

Is Shanghai now German or Japanese?

German.

You go by the symbol on the map.  No Japanese symbol?  Japan does not get claim to it just because she had it in 1940 (at game start).

• Hi all–- is there a usable battlemap version out there yet that anyone knows about?  We’re trying to test things and possibly hire a programmer to set us up to be able to run the global game at AAMC.  Any help would be great.

Thanks, Chris C
    AAMC Vice-Chairman, Asst. Director Tournies and Leagues, Asst. Lt. Games and Rankings
    www.aamc.net  for anyone looking for online play! (We are a user supported/donation free club to join)

• Official Q&A

Open issues that have been decided:

• Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba and Central United States are adjacent.

• Quebec and New Brunswick/Nova Scotia are adjacent.

• You may not activate a friendly neutral territory by moving an antiaircraft gun into it.

• In the global game, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the restrictions of being a neutral power (see Powers That Begin the Game Neutral, pg. 15) on the other map.  In other words, war with Japan lifts those restrictions from the USSR on the Pacific map only, and war with Germany and/or Italy lifts those restrictions on the Europe map only.

• @Krieghund:

• You may not activate a friendly neutral territory by moving an antiaircraft gun into it.

• In the global game, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the restrictions of being a neutral power (see Powers That Begin the Game Neutral, pg. 15) on the other map.  In other words, war with Japan lifts those restrictions from the USSR on the Pacific map only, and war with Germany and/or Italy lifts those restrictions on the Europe map only.

Thank you…very happy as I feel these should be the right clarifications. :-)

• @questioneer:

Thank you…very happy as I feel these should be the right clarifications. :-)

Yeah!!

• @Krieghund:

That Soviet rule makes sense, seems natural to me.

• This came up in a game over the weekend.

sub vs sub no one had a destroyer

attacking sub hits….
    defending sub
                            a. returns fire
                            b. is sunk without a parting shot

• Official Q&A

The answer is “a”.  Surprise Strikes are simultaneous.

• donkey chains :)

that is what I thought thanks krieghund

• '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@leddux:

This came up in a game over the weekend.

sub vs sub no one had a destroyer

attacking sub hits….
    defending sub
                            a. returns fire
                            b. is sunk without a parting shot

Doesn’t the defending Submarine have a chance to submarine have a chance to submerge before combat since there is no attacking destroyer?  Or do they both get there “Surprise attack” before it submerges?

• Official Q&A

@Entek:

Doesn’t the defending Submarine have a chance to submarine have a chance to submerge before combat since there is no attacking destroyer?

Yes, it does, before any shots are fired.

• '22 '16

Quick question about convoy disruptions.  I played a game over the weekend and the UK player was very upset that he got convoy disrupted on newly captured territories.  He was trading control of Egypt with Italy and since Italy’s navy was on the opposite side of the canal in the disruption zone every time he took Egypt he lost 3 IPC’s instead of gaining the 2 for Egypt.  First, were we correct in being able to convoy disrupt the newly captured territory and second what is the reasoning behind that.  Thanks!

• Official Q&A

Welcome, majikforce!

Yes, convoys can be disrupted in newly captured territories.  If you can collect income from it, why shouldn’t it be disruptable?

I’m not sure what you mean by losing 3 IPCs instead of gaining 2.  I assume you’re referring to losing the 3 IPCs for Egypt and Trans-Jordan, but the Trans-Jordan IPC would be lost anyway.  In effect, he was only losing the Egypt IPCs.  Rather than losing IPCs, he was simply not gaining them.

• '22 '16

Thanks for the answer Krieg!  I guess the best solution would be for the UK player to stop whining and build some Navy and kill the Italian fleet!

• Question: Can you build a major or minor IC in a territory you just conquered? Assuming it was bought during your purchase units phase?

• Official Q&A

Answer:  No.

• Thank you Krieghund

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m