• @calvinhobbesliker:

How does one forget Rome if it’s building 10 inf a turn?

Pretty sure he meant Germany wanted to BYPASS taking Rome over because of the 10 build per turn.

GrandMaster, Calvin is correct.  When a capital falls (Rome), its allies (Germany and Japan) are unable to take control of any of those (Italian) territories.  However, if an enemy takes control of Italian territory, then Germany and Japan would be able to take control by taking those territories out of Allied hands.

It’s the same reason the Allies can’t take control of French territory after Paris falls on turn 1.  As soon as an Axis power takes a French territory, however, it is then available for any Ally to take it over and control it.  Same rules.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Pretty sure he meant Germany wanted to BYPASS taking Rome over because of the 10 build per turn.

GrandMaster, Calvin is correct.  When a capital falls (Rome), its allies (Germany and Japan) are unable to take control of any of those (Italian) territories.  However, if an enemy takes control of Italian territory, then Germany and Japan would be able to take control by taking those territories out of Allied hands.

It’s the same reason the Allies can’t take control of French territory after Paris falls on turn 1.  As soon as an Axis power takes a French territory, however, it is then available for any Ally to take it over and control it.  Same rules.

Yeah, it prevents the US from taking Canada if Sealion is successful

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

GrandMaster, Calvin is correct.  When a capital falls (Rome), its allies (Germany and Japan) are unable to take control of any of those (Italian) territories.  However, if an enemy takes control of Italian territory, then Germany and Japan would be able to take control by taking those territories out of Allied hands.

It’s the same reason the Allies can’t take control of French territory after Paris falls on turn 1.  As soon as an Axis power takes a French territory, however, it is then available for any Ally to take it over and control it.  Same rules.

However, USA could still use the naval base of Z106 as long as UK still controls it.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

However, USA could still use the naval base of Z106 as long as UK still controls it.

But that naval base, for some reason, can repair US ships but not UK ships

• @calvinhobbesliker:

That can’t be right.  Why are you saying that?  Of course it can still repair UK ships.  Who, or what page of what rulebook or FAQ said they can’t?

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

That can’t be right.  Why are you saying that?  Of course it can still repair UK ships.  Who, or what page of what rulebook or FAQ said they can’t?

Well, UK skips it purchase and repair phase if London has fallen, so it can’t repair ships. i think Krieg has confirmed this somewhere.

• In Alpha set up for Global does Japan gain +10 IPCS a turn for not being at war with US, England, Anzac, or does that only apply to Pacific.  I am confused on this.  Was this gotten rid of all together.

Thanks in Advance.

• @Frank:

In Alpha set up for Global does Japan gain +10 IPCS a turn for not being at war with US, England, Anzac, or does that only apply to Pacific.  I am confused on this.  Was this gotten rid of all together.

Thanks in Advance.

I don’t think that NO exists in alpha at all

• Okay then I was just confused.  I know back when they were talking about balancing Pacific I saw somewhere to get Japan to not do a J1 they were offered a 10pt a turn National Objective.  Maybe it was just someones suggestion I saw and not offical set up by Larry Harris.  My friend mentioned it to me last night and I told him I was not sure.

• @Frank:

Okay then I was just confused.  I know back when they were talking about balancing Pacific I saw somewhere to get Japan to not do a J1 they were offered a 10pt a turn National Objective.  Maybe it was just someones suggestion I saw and not offical set up by Larry Harris.  My friend mentioned it to me last night and I told him I was not sure.

Yeah, that was in the works, but is not currently part of alpha. it may be added if alpha swings the game to the allies too much

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Well, UK skips it purchase and repair phase if London has fallen, so it can’t repair ships. i think Krieg has confirmed this somewhere.

OK, but in that case it can’t repair US ships either, so that would at least be consistent.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

OK, but in that case it can’t repair US ships either, so that would at least be consistent.

US ships repair in US’s purchase/repair phase, which it still has.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Oh - I see I’ve been playing this wrong, after reviewing the rule on page 12.

I thought a power repaired their own ships and allied ships at their naval bases on their turn, but that is not the case.

A power repairs all their own ships that are at their own operative naval bases or at the operative (no more than 2 damage) naval bases of their allies.  So a power NEVER repairs other powers’ ships on their turn.  (e.g. USA can only repair USA ships on USA’s turn, not any of it’s ally’s.  UK ship off of EUS would not be repaired until UK turn)

Big difference.  I’m glad this came up - thanks, Calvin.

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Oh - I see I’ve been playing this wrong, after reviewing the rule on page 12.

I thought a power repaired their own ships and allied ships at their naval bases on their turn, but that is not the case.

A power repairs all their own ships that are at their own operative naval bases or at the operative (no more than 2 damage) naval bases of their allies.  So a power NEVER repairs other powers’ ships on their turn.  (e.g. USA can only repair USA ships on USA’s turn, not any of it’s ally’s.  UK ship off of EUS would not be repaired until UK turn)

Big difference.  I’m glad this came up - thanks, Calvin.

You’re welcome

• Which of the following are actual sea zones like the Caspian Sea:
    Great Lakes(if they are counted, are they 1 sea zone or many)
    Lake Victoria
    Lake Biyakal
    Lake Ladoga(so Russia can build in it)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Which of the following are actual sea zones like the Caspian Sea:
    Great Lakes(if they are counted, are they 1 sea zone or many)
    Lake Victoria
    Lake Biyakal
    Lake Ladoga(so Russia can build in it)

Calvin, I’m sure the latter 3 are not sea zones, because they don’t add any extra movement possibility (the territories border each other anyway, unlike with the Caspian now).

However, I think you have a good question with the Great Lakes.  Can the USA build out of Chicago (CUS) and sail ships up the river to the Atlantic?  And can Canada build into the Great Lakes and later sail to the Atlantic (when there is an eminent threat from the East)?  I doubt it, but that would be cool if you could.

Waiting for Krieghund……

• Well, Ladoga allows Russia to build a fleet there and bombard from it.

If the Great Lakes were sea zones, I doubt you could sail up the St. Lawrence River

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Well, Ladoga allows Russia to build a fleet there and bombard from it.

If the Great Lakes were sea zones, I doubt you could sail up the St. Lawrence River

Although that is how the French took over Quebec and subsequently CUS

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Although that is how the French took over Quebec and subsequently CUS

Yes, but is it big enough for WWII warships?  I wouldn’t know.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Calvin, be serious.  There is no flippin’ way the Russians could ever think about building a cruiser or battleship in Ladoga.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m