• Yes he’s right.  If you have to control a territory to go through a strait, you have to have controlled it at the beginning of your turn.  The power who secured the required territory can never pass through on that same turn.

Note that subs can always pass through the strait of Gibraltar.

• '10

Ok, thanks for the quick answer.

• Right. Thank you.

• Can japan build Ics in the east of china which have chinese roundels but were controlled by japan in the start of the game? like kiangsu? The rules state that you are only allowed to build ics on territories you originally control. Do the territories in china with orange color count with chinese roundels count as china’s original territories or japan’s original territories?

• This is a rookie question.

If germany declares war on Russia does that effect U.S.A at all? as in the pacific or europe theater, or both.

• '22 '16

What happens to the UK major IC if London is captured and the factory already has damage on it?  Does it downgrade to a mi nor IC with or without damage?  Same question for naval and air bases?  Thanks!

• @majikforce:

What happens to the UK major IC if London is captured and the factory already has damage on it?  Does it downgrade to a mi nor IC with or without damage?  Same question for naval and air bases?  Thanks!

captured bases keep all damage markers to not exceed their maximum possible damage.  So a major with 10 points of damage will be downgraded to a damaged minor with 6 points of damage (the max it can have is 6 damage).  A major with 4 damage will be a minor with 4 damage. An airbase/navalbase with 4 damage will be an airbase/navalbase with 4 damage.  etc etc etc

@Violent.copper:

This is a rookie question.

If germany declares war on Russia does that effect U.S.A at all? as in the pacific or europe theater, or both.

Nope.

• Official Q&A

@dcandf5:

Can japan build Ics in the east of china which have chinese roundels but were controlled by japan in the start of the game? like kiangsu? The rules state that you are only allowed to build ics on territories you originally control. Do the territories in china with orange color count with chinese roundels count as china’s original territories or japan’s original territories?

They are originally Chinese.  Japan cannot build a major industrial complex on them.

• @Krieghund:

@dcandf5:

Can japan build Ics in the east of china which have chinese roundels but were controlled by japan in the start of the game? like kiangsu? The rules state that you are only allowed to build ics on territories you originally control. Do the territories in china with orange color count with chinese roundels count as china’s original territories or japan’s original territories?

They are originally Chinese.  Japan cannot build a major industrial complex on them.

However, minor ICs may still be built on territories with values greater than two, correct?

• @SAS:

However, minor ICs may still be built on territories with values greater than two, correct?

Yes.

• Right, thanks and just another quick question. AA Guns don’t get removed when captured by the enemy in alpha 3 right? Thanks guys for answering all the questions

• '12

@dcandf5:

Right, thanks and just another quick question. AA Guns don’t get removed when captured by the enemy in alpha 3 right? Thanks guys for answering all the questions

AA guns can’t be captured in alpha 3.  They can now be taken as losses in battle.

Wonders: If alpha 3 was OOB, would we have got specific plastic aa guns for each power?  Would have confused things for Germany since the 88mm is an AA/AT gun and not artillery.  If the reprints have plastic nation specific AA’s, that will be sweet!

• So they are removed when captured right?

• @dcandf5:

So they are removed when captured right?

Wouldn’t you take them off as casualties before you lost your last fighting unit??

• Ooops . sorry my bad.  :-D

• :-)

I’ve never played a game of Alpha3.  It’s gotta be weird with the AA changes and some of the other stuff…

• z 113 I assault an empty Norway as the Soviets with a transport and cruiser

Is the airbase in W. Germany allowed to scramble even though I’m not assaulting that territory?

• Official Q&A

@Jeff28:

z 113 I assault an empty Norway as the Soviets with a transport and cruiser

Is the airbase in W. Germany allowed to scramble even though I’m not assaulting that territory?

Yes.

• I need a rule clarification.  If England’s major industrial complex carries 18 damage and Germany conquers England, the major industrial complex is reduced to a minor.  Does the damage transfer?

• '12

The damage is reduced to 6, the max for a minor.  If the damage was 4, it would have stayed at 4.

Side note: I still think there is a little flaw in the rules there.  A heavily industrialized territory bombed to max (20) dmg, needs to spend 11 ipcs to build one unit and a lightly industrialized territory bombed to max (6) dmg can do so with 4 ipcs.  It seems odd that a less industrialized territory can recover more easily. Maybe majors should be limited to 13 damage?  Or for every 2 points dmg production is reduced by one.  So 1-2 damage = 9 capacity, 3-4 dmg = 8 capacity, etc

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m