• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@thatonekid:

it would alsogreatly discourage the allies from taking france back, if germany can instantly dump 10 units there……

France was originally exempted primarily due to the lack of need for anyone to upgrade the complex except France.  But no, the Allies already never liberate France because then they lose their complexes in Europe!  Allowing it to be upgraded might actually encourage the allies to liberate France to stop Germany from dropping 10 Infantry in France, 10 Infantry in W. Germany and 10 Armor in E. Germany.

• how is germany going to get up to 120/round anyway???

• Sponsor

Could Germany buy an IC upgrade during the purchase new units phase, capture London England during the combat phase, and than use the upgrade on the UK IC (which was just down graded) during the place new units phase, all within the same turn?

• Official Q&A

No.  You must have control of an IC at the beginning of your turn in order to upgrade it.  (In the Alpha rules, this upgrade would never be possible, as United Kingdom is not an original German territory.)

• Sponsor

Germany moves ships into an empty SZ#110 for an amphibious assault on London. Is it true that the UK only needs to scramble 1 air unit to void all naval bombardment? Thankyou for your answers in advance.

• @Young:

Germany moves ships into an empty SZ#110 for an amphibious assault on London. Is it true that the UK only needs to scramble 1 air unit to void all naval bombardment? Thankyou for your answers in advance.

Yes.  The Alpha + .2 rules state “They (the scrambled planes) may defend against the enemy ships conducting the amphibious assault even if friendly ships are not present. In either case, resolve combat as usual during the Conduct Combat phase.”  Since the naval units cannot participate in more than one battle per turn, they cannot bombard.

• Sponsor

So if I have 20 ships and 1 fighter scrambles, I can’t choose to ignore the fighter with half my fleet, but rather I must deal with it with my whole fleet and relinquish all bombardments. Is that what you 're saying?

• @Young:

So if I have 20 ships and 1 fighter scrambles, I can’t choose to ignore the fighter with half my fleet, but rather I must deal with it with my whole fleet and relinquish all bombardments. Is that what you 're saying?

Yes.  If you could ignore it with 10 out of 20 ships then you could ignore it with 1 out of 2 ships, which might make the rule make a bit more sense.

• The ships were in combat, so their movement stops there. Thats the strategic advantage of scrambling.

• in combat move phase could a mehcanized infantry move trough an allied teritory and then into an enemy teritory?
    IE an italian mech moves from south italy trough north italy to attack france.

also in noncombat move can ships leave a sea zone they just fought in IE germany attacks 1 uk destroyer with 2 crusiers and wins would they then be allowed to move in noncombat move?

• @i:

in combat move phase could a mehcanized infantry move trough an allied teritory and then into an enemy teritory?
    IE an italian mech moves from south italy trough north italy to attack france.

also in noncombat move can ships leave a sea zone they just fought in IE germany attacks 1 uk destroyer with 2 crusiers and wins would they then be allowed to move in noncombat move?

Yes, any unit with a movement of two can go through an allied territory to attack an enemy territory.

Units cannot do both a combat and a noncombat move, so no.

Edit: Air units are a separate case.

• So they can’t move in non combat Evan if they only moved once?

• Official Q&A

No.  Land and sea units may not move in noncombat movement after having made a combat movement and/or participated in combat.

• So, what I am reading is that Air units can make a combat move up to four zones there and back and then a non-combat move of up to four zones?

• @sargon:

So, what I am reading is that Air units can make a combat move up to four zones there and back and then a non-combat move of up to four zones?

No.  When you move an air unit you cannot exceed its movement (4 for fighters/tactical bombers, 6 for strategic bombers, more if certain technology is researched).  If it is meant to participate in a battle (limited to one) in that move, then you move it there for its combat move.  After all combat is finished you move it the remainder of its flight (remember, you can’t land planes in territories you have captured on that turn except for onto carriers in sea zones, and if there’s nowhere for the plane to land you can’t send it in the first place unless it was caused by the destruction of an aircraft carrier).

Edit: removed inaccurate information

• Official Q&A

@sargon:

So, what I am reading is that Air units can make a combat move up to four zones there and back and then a non-combat move of up to four zones?

No.  They move into battle in combat movement and then back to a friendly space in noncombat movement.  The total of these two movements cannot exceed the unit’s movement value.  However, if an air unit does not move at all in combat movement, it may move up to its full movement value in noncombat movement.

• i have a question, this has always bugged me. if you move into a hostile, but unnoccupied terrtitiory with a tank, can you then move to a freindly territory. because previously it was said you cant do a combat move and a ncm

• @thatonekid:

i have a question, this has always bugged me. if you move into a hostile, but unnoccupied terrtitiory with a tank, can you then move to a freindly territory. because previously it was said you cant do a combat move and a ncm

Yeah, that’s the tank’s special blitzing rule (it can also bring a mechanized infantry on a 1:1 ratio).  It’s all a combat move, though - not a combat move and a non-combat move.

• Can you move 2 (with mech or tanks) onto a transport?

Can you move 2 (with mech or tanks) off of a transport?

• @garett:

Can you move 2 (with mech or tanks) onto a transport?

Can you move 2 (with mech or tanks) off of a transport?

I’m not really sure what your question is.

A transport can hold 1 of any land unit, plus one (non-mechanized) infantry.  So it can have a tank/mech. infantry/artillery/AA gun/infantry and an infantry.  It can’t hold both a tank and a mechanized infantry.  If they’re being loaded in the same turn, it has to be in the same phase (both during the combat phase or both during the non-combat phase) and they have to be offloaded in the same phase as well.  If they’re being loaded and offloaded in the same turn it has to be within the same phase (you can’t load in the combat phase and offload in that turn’s non-combat phase).

Edit: It seems that your post may be better answered below, depending on what exactly the question was.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m