• Doh!  Thanks surprise attack, I checked both books and my website printout but of course missed it.  As it happens we have played it correctly based simply on lining up the creases in the boards.

• @gamerman01:

@Cmdr:

@Vir:

Japan declares war on Russia, on Germany’s next turn they capture Moscow.  What happens to the 12IPC Russia would have collected for the DOW by japan?

Think it’s been asked and answered, the money is paid into the coffers immediately, not at the start of their next turn.  So Germany would get the 12 IPC, I think.

Wrong

Does anyone read rules anymore?  This is straight from the Alpha2 rules I printed out from Larry’s site.  Took me 30 seconds to find the paper and read it.

Under Soviet Union NO’s:
    #4 “Collect 12 IPC’s, once, at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by Japan on the Soviet Union.  Theme: Recognized national emergency.”

Really, no interpretation or FAQ needed.   Just read the rules.  No offense meant, Vir, you just happened to be the hundredth person that’s asked a question that’s VERY clearly stated in the rules and is completely unambiguous.  Sometimes I think people don’t read the rulebooks anymore, they just learn how to play games from other people….  :-)

And Jenn, if you can’t answer basic questions correctly and you’re always saying “I think”, then why are you answering questions on the FAQ thread?

@gamerman01:

Yo Vir!  kcd is right - I assumed that everyone knew that if Russia fell during Germany’s turn which comes between Japan’s and Russia’s, that Russia could not collect any income (including the 12 IPCs)!  Who doesn’t know that when your capital is down, you can’t collect any NO’s, you know?

LOL…backpedaling that fast will throw out your back!  No sane person could look at your original post and conclude anything other than Russia gets the money.  You state “as fact” Russia collects the ducets at the beginning of their next turn.  I repost it above for your enjoyment, no mention of anything else.  A lot of berating for even daring to ask the question, good job on running an FAQ.  I think I’ll leave the “Official Rulings” to kreighund.

And just an FYI, one major reason we post questions here, that may have been asked, is that we have a dispute or feel there may be a dispute for a course of action we want to take, and we can point to the answer.  Don’t bother going on about searching, the function is barbaric, and results may have been superseded.

• You’re right, the search function hasn’t worked for awhile.

I explained my shortness of patience up front, I thought.

Krieghund has ALWAYS been the official rules guy and I don’t pretend to be.  You, sir, like to assume.  A LOT.  I don’t give a damn who you prefer to answer your questions.  I merely like to answer questions, I’m highly accurate, and I know the rules very, very well.  Krieghund appreciates me because I save him a lot of time, typing, and effort, and I rarely spread disinformation!  But yes, I am a human being and I do get short on patience a bit sometimes, mainly when people are asking stuff that’s directly in the rulebook that they should have read in the first place!  So excuse me for living!

Now do you have any other questions, or are you just going to continue to troll??

• Under Soviet Union NO’s:
    #4 “Collect 12 IPC’s, once, at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by Japan on the Soviet Union.  Theme: Recognized national emergency.”

Really, no interpretation or FAQ needed.  Just read the rules.  No offense meant, Vir, you just happened to be the hundredth person that’s asked a question that’s VERY clearly stated in the rules and is completely unambiguous.  Sometimes I think people don’t read the rulebooks anymore, they just learn how to play games from other people….

Since you just won’t let it go……

I said “No offense meant, Vir”.  Do you know what that means?  It means I’m not trying to offend you.  And then I explained why I said “no interpretation or FAQ needed.  Just read the rules”.  Is that really so caustic?  You, sir, must be very sensitive.

The rule I quoted says Russia collects 12 IPC’s once, at the beginning of the turn following declaration of war by Japan on SU.  I posted this because Jenn had just got done saying that “she thinks” Russia collects it immediately.  I am justified in being a little bit short with her because she was answering a FAQ and was too lazy to actually read the rules, and furthermore she was completely wrong.  So you guys with the hurt feelings can just get over them already, jeez.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I was literally not “completely wrong” since I would have been just fine and correct ENOUGH if the Russian capitol was not under house arrest. =p  Since you want to be contrarian and keep picking a fight by slamming me in 14 posts over and over and over again.

As the only female on the boards, I reserve the right to not pick up a rule book or a print out of a rule book for every post I make.  Hence, I use phrases like “I think” to get peeps going.  Kinda hard to look through 108 pages of posts to find an answer too…should really have a locked FAQ-Answered thread with all the answers and none of the posted questions.

• Righto then Gamerman help me with this, if I have a 1 transport in sz 75, and 1 transport in sz 58 and the enemy has 2 destroyers in sz 57. Could 1 destroyer attack sz 75 and 1 destroyer attack sz 58. My impression was that they could both ignore the transport in sz 58 and attack the one in sz 75 or attack sz 75 and end all Combat Moves there, but not both.

• Am I right?

You are NOT allowed to build units in an IC built this round.

Haven’t found anything in the Rulebook.

Thanks, nice greetings from rainy Germany…

• Pg 24 of the Europe Book - You can use an industrial complex that you controlled at the begginning of your turn.

• @TheDefinitiveS:

Righto then Gamerman help me with this, if I have a 1 transport in sz 75, and 1 transport in sz 58 and the enemy has 2 destroyers in sz 57. Could 1 destroyer attack sz 75 and 1 destroyer attack sz 58. My impression was that they could both ignore the transport in sz 58 and attack the one in sz 75 or attack sz 75 and end all Combat Moves there, but not both.

Great question!  You can ignore transports and subs throughout the combat move phase.  Combat doesn’t start until all combat movement is over.  Therefore, your enemy can sink both transports with the 2 destroyers.

Bottom left of page 13 of Europe manual has an applicable paragraph if you want to see something in the rulebook…

• Official Q&A

@Cmdr:

As the only female on the boards, I reserve the right to not pick up a rule book or a print out of a rule book for every post I make.

Huh?  Are you saying that being female gives you the right to be wrong?  :wink:

• Although I lurk and rarely post, I have to comment here…

According to my wife, being female not only gives her the right to be wrong but also automatically makes any “wrong” answer correct, thereby also making any male answers wrong.

• :-)

btw Jenn and I have been PM’g, and we’ve always been on friendly terms, in case anyone’s wondering

@Krieghund:

@Cmdr:

As the only female on the boards, I reserve the right to not pick up a rule book or a print out of a rule book for every post I make.

Huh?  Are you saying that being female gives you the right to be wrong?   :wink:

Yes.

You don’t date much or are not married, are you?  You should know this rule, it should be tattooed on the inside of your eyelids.  This is the Platinum Rule, the Golden Rule being do unto others…yadda yadda.

@Pan:

Although I lurk and rarely post, I have to comment here…

According to my wife, being female not only gives her the right to be wrong but also automatically makes any “wrong” answer correct, thereby also making any male answers wrong.

You must have awesome relations with your wife!  Good for you, Pan!

@gamerman01:

:-)

btw Jenn and I have been PM’g, and we’ve always been on friendly terms, in case anyone’s wondering

I am friends with everyone except 3 people and all 3 of those people do not post here anymore. ^_^

• Just wanted to help with page #'s and book

• mmmm hmmm, thats the best type of help surprise attack, thanks!

giving a page number…and book…for reference is like that sweet fruit flavored syrup they put on pancakes…tasty!

Can you scramble 3 fighters to SZ 97 and to SZ 95 in the same round from the same airbase?

That is, scrambling a total of 6 fighters in one round.

• @Cmdr:

Can you scramble 3 fighters to SZ 97 and to SZ 95 in the same round from the same airbase?

That is, scrambling a total of 6 fighters in one round.

No.  each airbase can only scramble 3 fighters total on any given round.  Each of those three can be tasked to different seazones though, so 1 & 1 & 1 or 1 & 2 etc etc etc.

• Can ANZAC, for example, use an UK-Airbase built on English Territory in it’s turn?

• Official Q&A

Yes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m