• I’m sorry for my confusion, but can UK move into China territories prior to war with Japan because they are both at war with Germ/Italy.

• @JimmyHat:

I’m sorry for my confusion, but can UK move into China territories prior to war with Japan because they are both at war with Germ/Italy.

It’s an act of war for the UK to move ANYTHING into China (or even to fly over China, I believe).  So if the UK wants to move into Chinese territories, then Japan can declare war on the UK and ANZAC and it will be considered provoked (so USA can’t enter the war on account of this).

• Sponsor

Some of our games have been ending early due to powers surrendering too easily, weather they get lousy dice rolls our their plans are not executed perfectly, they sometimes seem to quick to quit and it doesn’t allow the other side to finish the job. My question is, When is it Ok to surrender? is there a round when surrendering is honorable or dishonorable?

• Official Q&A

@gamerman01:

@JimmyHat:

I’m sorry for my confusion, but can UK move into China territories prior to war with Japan because they are both at war with Germ/Italy.

It’s an act of war for the UK to move ANYTHING into China (or even to fly over China, I believe).  So if the UK wants to move into Chinese territories, then Japan can declare war on the UK and ANZAC and it will be considered provoked (so USA can’t enter the war on account of this).

Not exactly.  UK must declare war on Japan before moving any units into China (or flying over it).

• Official Q&A

@Trisdin:

Some of our games have been ending early due to powers surrendering too easily, weather they get lousy dice rolls our their plans are not executed perfectly, they sometimes seem to quick to quit and it doesn’t allow the other side to finish the job. My question is, When is it Ok to surrender? is there a round when surrendering is honorable or dishonorable?

Please post this question in its own thread.  It doesn’t belong here, as it isn’t strictly rules-related.  Thanks.

• @Krieghund:

Not exactly.  UK must declare war on Japan before moving any units into China (or flying over it).

Hm - well, yeah, and there would be no reason to not declare war anyway, because of the NO money you can get.

• '22 '19 '18

@JimmyHat:

I have a further question on that fleet battle situation, would it be legal to retreat the attacking sub if it didn’t get hit, or are you forced to continue attacking to try and clear the sz and get the ftr a landing zone?

It may retreat.

Krieg, I didn’t think subs could retreat, they can only submerge is that not correct?

• Official Q&A

Attacking subs may retreat.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Krieghund:

Attacking subs may retreat.

I miss the day defending submarines could withdraw…

• Is there a sea passage between 109 and 119?

• @Xandax:

Is there a sea passage between 109 and 119?

No

• Official Q&A

Yes, there is.

• @Krieghund:

Yes, there is.

I was going to freak out, but then I realized when he said 109 I was thinking 110.

There’s no secret sea passage from 110 to 119, right?  :lol:

• @Krieghund:

Yes, there is.

Thanks - tried to search for it but only a “missing” topic came up and was wondering :)

(and no - 109 is not 110 :p )

• UK Pacific gets its income from UK Pacific board excluding British Columbia and including West India.

When UK takes over Persia, the IPC gained goes to UK Europe?  If Germany takes over London, then UK takes over Persia, then the IPC gained goes o UK Pacific?  If UK takes over Persia, then Germany takes over London, can UK take Persia for UK Pacific?

• Official Q&A

@shohoku201:

When UK takes over Persia, the IPC gained goes to UK Europe?

Yes.

@shohoku201:

If Germany takes over London, then UK takes over Persia, then the IPC gained goes o UK Pacific?  If UK takes over Persia, then Germany takes over London, can UK take Persia for UK Pacific?

No.  London can never collect IPCs from Pacific, and Calcutta can never collect IPCs from Europe.

• do transports stop shore bombard?

• @ghr2:

do transports stop shore bombard?

They do if they are being attacked.
    If they are being ignored (and allowed to survive) then they don’t.  So it’s up to the attacker whether they stop shore bombard or not.

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

You know, I believe Krieg said you can load transports in a hostile zone and move them as long as you are engaging in combat that turn.  So I could load from Alexandria and attack Gibraltar or Syria, that destroyer doesn’t do anything but stop shore bombardments because Transports are not combat units.

You might want to double check that and get back to me.

Krieg-

Have I missed a change to this long standing rule?

_Europe 1940 Rules (They Govern G40) Page 13

Sea Units Starting in Hostile Sea Zones
    At the beginning of the Combat Move phase, you may already have sea units in spaces containing enemy units that were there at the start of your turn.  For example, an enemy may have built new sea units in a sea zone where you have surface warships.  When your turn comes around again, you are sharing that sea zone with enemy forces.

If you are sharing a sea zone with surface warships (not submarines and\or transports) belonging to a power with which you are at war, this situation requires you to do one of the following._

• Remain in the sea zone and conduct combat.

• Leave the sea zone, load units if desired, and conduct combat elsewhere

• Leave the sea zone, load units, and return to the same sea zone to conduct combat (you can’t load units while in a hostile sea zone), or

• Leave the sea zone and conduct no combat

Once these sea units have moved and/or participated in combat, they can’t move or participate in the Noncombat Move phase of the turn.

• Official Q&A

The only time that you can load transports in a hostile sea zone is in the combat movement phase in which you declare war.  This may only be done under those conditions if the transport started the turn in that sea zone and the sea zone has just become hostile as a result of the declaration of war.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m