• UK declaration of war against Japan:

Can UK declare war?  Does ANZAC follow along?  Can ANZAC declare war and UK follow along?  How does this affect Japanese/US relations.

• @JimmyHat:

UK declaration of war against Japan:

Can UK declare war?  Does ANZAC follow along?  Can ANZAC declare war and UK follow along?  How does this affect Japanese/US relations.

Yes, UK or ANZAC can declare war.  Japan’s diplomatic relationship with UK and ANZAC is always the same - they’re coupled.  US can only declare war on Axis if USA is attacked, or if Japan attacks UK or ANZAC without provocation (besides the round 3 automatic thing)

So if ANZ or UK declares war on Japan, this does not affect the USA, which must remain neutral until attacked or end of its round 3 whichever comes first.

• Thanks gamerman, does a declaration of war against ANZAC by japan mean that US can then declare war on Germ on the next US turn?

• @JimmyHat:

Thanks gamerman, does a declaration of war against ANZAC by japan mean that US can then declare war on Germ on the next US turn?

Yes, that’s right, assuming the DOW by Japan on ANZ was unprovoked.

An unprovoked attack by Japan on UK/ANZ/USA allows USA to DOW Japan, and if USA can DOW one Axis power for any reason, she can DOW on them all.

• can a tank move 1 space then be loaded into a transport. I dont think so, but for clarity I would like to know.

• @ThomasJefferson:

can a tank move 1 space then be loaded into a transport. I dont think so, but for clarity I would like to know.

No.

The old Hasbro A&A computer game let you do that, though.  :-)

• When aircraft flys over a hostile zone with an anti-aircraft gun does the anti-arcraft gun get to fire at the planes?  If so, does this happen for combat movement and or non combat movement?

• Official Q&A

No.  AA guns fire only at planes actually attacking the territory that they’re in.

• @Krieghund:

No.  AA guns fire only at planes actually attacking the territory that they’re in.

Thanks Krieghund!

• Just to be 100% sure, this question probably been asked a few times already but…

U.S.A. enter war at the collect income phase of the 3rd turn? That mean that all restriction apply for all the previous phase of the 3rd turn?

And also. When a territory that belong to a country that has it’s capital under control of the enemy is captured by one of his ally. (Exemple : Uk captured Normandy from the Germans while Paris is controlled by them, they put a UK Marker on the zone? And what happen when France is rescued, they get all their original country back?

Edit : Also, one thing happened in our game tonight. UK Fleet in the Mediterean Sea attacked 50% of the Italian Fleet and destroyed it. On Italia Turn, the other 50% of the fleet attacked, UK Player choosed to take one hit on his carrier as a casualty. Italia retreated after that, and Germans aircraft attacked the UK Fleet on their next turn. Just to be sure, the aircraft on a damaged carrier can’t defend right?. So it was an easy victory for the Germans. Was this played correctly?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, MightyPol!

@MightyPol:

U.S.A. enter war at the collect income phase of the 3rd turn? That mean that all restriction apply for all the previous phase of the 3rd turn?

Yes.

@MightyPol:

When a territory that belong to a country that has it’s capital under control of the enemy is captured by one of his ally. (Exemple : Uk captured Normandy from the Germans while Paris is controlled by them, they put a UK Marker on the zone? And what happen when France is rescued, they get all their original country back?

Yes, UK takes control of the territory, and France gets it back immediately when Paris is liberated.

@MightyPol:

UK Fleet in the Mediterean Sea attacked 50% of the Italian Fleet and destroyed it. On Italia Turn, the other 50% of the fleet attacked, UK Player choosed to take one hit on his carrier as a casualty. Italia retreated after that, and Germans aircraft attacked the UK Fleet on their next turn. Just to be sure, the aircraft on a damaged carrier can’t defend right?. So it was an easy victory for the Germans. Was this played correctly?

Almost.  Since UK took a hit on its carrier when Italy attacked, the planes would be unable to land after the battle.  They would have one space to move after the Italians retreated to find a place to land.  If a place could not be found, the planes would be lost.  So, when Germany attacked, there would be no planes on the carrier.

Since planes are almost always in the air, it’s very unusual for one to be trapped on a damaged carrier.  The only way it can happen is if the carrier is damaged while attacking with a friendly plane on board (a US fighter on a UK carrier, for example).  In such a case, the plane is considered cargo and does not leave the carrier.

• '22 '16

We had a battle the other day where a plane used all it moves to make it to the sz but a carrier from another sz was also participating in the battle so it was demonstrated that the plane had a place to land.  The question was can you lose the carrier in the battle before the plane?  My opponent called that a suicide attack, but to me I had demonstrated a place for the plane to land no matter how unlikely.  Does this demonstration of landing occur once or after every round of rolling dice?  Thanks!

• @majikforce:

We had a battle the other day where a plane used all it moves to make it to the sz but a carrier from another sz was also participating in the battle so it was demonstrated that the plane had a place to land.  The question was can you lose the carrier in the battle before the plane?  My opponent called that a suicide attack, but to me I had demonstrated a place for the plane to land no matter how unlikely.  Does this demonstration of landing occur once or after every round of rolling dice?  Thanks!

It occurs only during movement.  The rule that you can’t send a plane to its death only applies to movement.  You are free to lose carriers first, and if you win with planes left over with no place to land, then they splash.

What you can’t do, is move a plane into a battle that can’t possibly land anywhere afterwards.

Even if it involves sending 1 sub to its death against a huge Armada, since there’s a chance the sub could win, allowing a carrier to go through that zone held by the Armada to go pick up the plane, sending the 1 sub in makes it legal.

• '22 '16

My gaming group and I thanks you very much gamerman!  Thanks also for the detailed explanation, I had never thought of a scenario you posed with the sub.  Its gonna be real interesting next time we play!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@gamerman01:

@majikforce:

It occurs only during movement.  The rule that you can’t send a plane to its death only applies to movement.  You are free to lose carriers first, and if you win with planes left over with no place to land, then they splash.

What you can’t do, is move a plane into a battle that can’t possibly land anywhere afterwards.

Even if it involves sending 1 sub to its death against a huge Armada, since there’s a chance the sub could win, allowing a carrier to go through that zone held by the Armada to go pick up the plane, sending the 1 sub in makes it legal.

I believe you have to land your plane after combat if there is a legal landing area, even if that means moving a carrier to retrieve the plane.  Unless that is no longer true.

• Official Q&A

It’s still true.

• Good point, Jenn.  Forgot to mention that.

In the case of the lone sub against the Armada, when the sub fails the carrier cannot go pick up the fighter, so the fighter splashes (after sinking 10 transports  :-D) and the carrier can sail off in the opposite direction if it wants.

majikforce, I recommend sharing your findings with your group before using it on them….  Although it might be fun to surprise them…  :evil:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

More fun to surprise, faster game to explain first.  Also, if you explain first, you might not lose a friend when you sink his 10 transports.

• Sponsor

Is Kiangsu an original territory of Japans? I want to build a major IC there first round. During what phase are the US minor ICs upgraded when at war, and when can the majors be used? Thanks.

• Official Q&A

@Trisdin:

Is Kiangsu an original territory of Japans?

No.

@Trisdin:

During what phase are the US minor ICs upgraded when at war, and when can the majors be used? Thanks.

They are upgraded immediately when the US enters a state of war, no matter when or why that occurs.  They are available for immediate use.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m