Some questions from the beautiful city of Oslo:
1. When Germany and the Soviet Union are not at war with each other, can the UK land an aircraft in a territory belonging to the SU? F. ex. after attacking german ships? And vice versa: Can the SU land aircraft in a territory belonging to the UK (prior to the SU being at war with Germany)?
No. While both are allied nations, Russia is not at war with Germany, therefore, they cannot host the British to dinner. Once they are both at war with the same nation, you may use each other as per any other allied nation.
2. Can the UK and the SU mix any units while Germany and the US is not at war?
Yes, if England and Russia are at war with Germany, but America has not declared war on them yet (or had war Declared on them.)
3. Can the UK and ANZAC mix units and use each others naval bases when they are still not at war with Japan?
Yes. Australia is part of the British Empire. They are treated as a sovereign nation in the game to divide England’s money up.
4. Can Germany attack the UK ships in SZ 106 on G1, without provoking the US into war? Especially since there is a convoy in that sea zone.
Germany and England are at war. Hostilities are already established between those nations and America has already decided to feign neutrality. Attacking those ships will not bring America into the war.
5. Can you disrupt convoys without being at war with that particular nation? Can f. ex. Germany disrupt the convoy in SZ 106? Or the SU disrupt the one in SZ 125?
The Germans can, because Germany is at war with England (Political Situation) at the start of the game. Russia may not disrupt German convoys until Round 4, or when Germany declares war on them. Likewise, German U-Boats off the coast of the West Indies do not disrupt American convoys until America and Germany are at war. Same with the other side of the board.
6. Do you have to make a DOW at the beginning of your turn to be able to disrupt a nations convoys in the non-combat phase?
If you do not make a DOW, then you are not at war. If your enemy declares war on you, then you are at war. If you are playing “automatic convoys” then it does not matter, if you are playing from the manual, well, Gamer and Krieg will have to answer you there. I believe war is war is war and since convoy damage only comes into play during the enemy’s collect income phase, then yes, they take damage if you are at war by the time they collect income.