• '22 '16

Question about fighters landing on a carrier.  We had a sea battle where the attacker had 4 planes attacking some naval ships.  1 of the planes had enough movement to land back on an island while the other 3 planes had one move left.  The attacker could non combat move a carrier to an adjacent sz.  The dispute arose when one person argued that each plane technically had a place to land not taking into account the capacity of a carrier.  Now i assume the attacker was planning on losing one of the planes in the battle thus not needing a extra space on the carrier, which the defender called a kamikaze attack.  Who was right?

• Official Q&A

The defender was right.  When declaring valid landing spaces for attacking air units, you must assume that no air units will be lost in battle.

• Hi, a couple of questions to get me ready for tomorrows game:

Since Aircrafts move in NC phase, is it possible for a fighter to land, after a battle, in a friendly neutral taken in that NC phase?

Kamikaze: If the US ends its combat move (1 AC w/ Fighter and Tac) in a SZ with Kamikaze symbol, and Japan attacks and sinks the AC, what happens to the Aircrafts?

Do the Aleutian Islands border Alaska? Can you walk from Alaska to the islands?

Thanks.

• Official Q&A

@ViribusUnitis:

Since Aircrafts move in NC phase, is it possible for a fighter to land, after a battle, in a friendly neutral taken in that NC phase?

No.  Air units may only land in territories that have been friendly since the beginning of the turn.

@ViribusUnitis:

Kamikaze: If the US ends its combat move (1 AC w/ Fighter and Tac) in a SZ with Kamikaze symbol, and Japan attacks and sinks the AC, what happens to the Aircrafts?

They remain in the air until the battle is over.  If they survive the battle, they have their remaining movement to find a place to land in noncombat movement.  If none can be found, they are lost.

@ViribusUnitis:

Do the Aleutian Islands border Alaska? Can you walk from Alaska to the islands?

No.

• 2007 AAR League

Question regarding Kiangsi (Ksi), is this a chinese territory or a Japanese territory, i.e. who gets the income if UK occupies it, China or UK?

I ask because I guess the OOB map has it, as well as Kwa, Ksu, Sha, Jeh, & Man as Japanese while the map we use here shows them as chinese.

• Chinese symbol Chinese territory.
    I’d say if GB liberates one of these, the Chinese would profit.

• @ViribusUnitis:

Chinese symbol Chinese territory.
    I’d say if GB liberates one of these, the Chinese would profit.

Correct…it is chinese territory that is occupied by Japan at the start of the game.

• '22 '19 '18

Can the British occupy/ land ftrs and other units in FIC while not at war with Japan? If they can and they do, does Japan view that as an act of war (similar to China)?

• Official Q&A

@cond1024:

Can the British occupy/ land ftrs and other units in FIC while not at war with Japan?

Yes, as long as Japan has not captured it.

@cond1024:

If they can and they do, does Japan view that as an act of war (similar to China)?

No.

• '22 '16

Can Chinese units non combat move into Burma and Kwangtung? And is this considered an act of war allowing Japan to attack UK?

• Official Q&A

Yes, and no.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Krieghund:

Yes, and no.

That’s not very helpful.  Why yes, why no?

If Germany declares war on Russia, Russia can declare war on Italy, right?  It seems obvious that it can, but I wonder.  It nags at the back of my brain. lol.

• Official Q&A

@Cmdr:

That’s not very helpful.  Why yes, why no?

Yes because Chinese units can always move into Burma and Kwangtung, and no because Japan isn’t going to go to war with UK over it.

@Cmdr:

If Germany declares war on Russia, Russia can declare war on Italy, right?  It seems obvious that it can, but I wonder.  It nags at the back of my brain. lol.

Yes.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Thanks.  On the one hand, Russia is at war in Europe, on the other, it cannot declare war until Round 4. I just wanted clarification that once it is at war with a European power, it could declare on all them.

Thanks.

• @Cmdr:

Thanks.  On the one hand, Russia is at war in Europe, on the other, it cannot declare war until Round 4. I just wanted clarification that once it is at war with a European power, it could declare on all them.

Thanks.

It does say that very clearly in the rulebook, IIRC Jenn.  :-)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

No.  Air units may only land in territories that have been friendly since the beginning of the turn.

What about the Dutch East Indes?

• @Gargantua:

No.  Air units may only land in territories that have been friendly since the beginning of the turn.

What about the Dutch East Indes?

Dutch territories are friendly.  Thus, they started as friendly at the beginning of the turn.  UK/Anzac (or even US once at war) Aircraft cannot take control of Dutch territories (only land units), but they can still land there.

• Alpha+2 Questions:

Is a Destroyer allowed to ignore a Sub?

Germany attacks GB’s Cruiser in SZ 91 with 2 Subs, Is GB allowed to scramble the Gibraltar Fighter?

GB amphibious attacks Denmark, 2 German Subs in SZ 112,  Germany scrambles 3 Fighters from W. Germany, are the Subs in battle too?

Japanese Destroyer doesn’t hinder a ANZAC Transporter from dropping off units when they are not at war, right?

Can US and Japanese Ships share a SZ when not at war?

Thanks.

• One More…

Is GB allowed to land a plane in a Dutch Territory that it doesn’t control?

• Yes to landing a plane in Dutch territory as they are an ally. GB and ANZAC can non combat land units  to dutch territories to take control of them and take the IPCs. This is a special rule just for them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m