• So I have 4 of the main axis and allies sets, not to mention the smaller games. I keep most of my pieces in the 50th box, but that is getting pretty clustered. What are good suggestions for storring pieces without dropping a couple of hundred bucks . I may get the ammo box thing, but is it big enough for global, 50th and revised sets to all fit in it, cause if not no point as i want to reduce the whole thing.

• I keep them in a fishing tackle box.

• @mojo33:

I keep them in a fishing tackle box.

Same here, but I use multiple tackle boxes because I have tons of sculpts from the various games (some in multiple copies) organized by country.  The tackle boxes I use have little plastic dividers which you can insert to create compartments of variable sizes, which is very convenient.

• you could make an ammo box for 40 - 50 euro easy,im makeing a dice tower at the moment it cost me about 7 euro,at the moment im useing plastic chinese food take a way containers to store my sculpts i get the containers free from my local takeaway.

• I like the tackle boxes idea (and so does my group). I got one for each power in the global game plus all the an extra for the accessories (they’re about 4"X8" and 1 1/4" deep). Its nice to put the ipc’s in and just close the box when you switch powers. Nothing gets dumped, and it keeps all the different units separated very nice. They only cost about $2.50 each. So for $20-$25 its worth it.

• The tackle box idea is very good……thanks

• it ist a bad idea, and one that crossed my mind in a similar form, but as I want to save some space and just store my nice boxes in a place I seldom go, this would actual take more space than I want. I had an idea in my head that for home storage I would build a hollow table that the top latches on, was building one for warhammer anyways, but by making it hollow I couldmake it so the global map could stay open at all times and all be left set up with no fear of giant space cats cutting WW2 short, and have an area for all my boards and pieces in there as well. For travelling I would suffer using the boxes I guess.

• my wife’s craft store had small boxes for $2 that would hold a nation’s pieces.
    A Hobby Lobby type shop.

• yeah, I am going to use something like that inside the table.

• FMG makes an Ammo Chest that is REALLY sweet.  A bit pricey.  But is  really nice.  I also use some of the $2 cases from a fabric store for my older spare parts.

• Plano Stowaways!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• @thoes426:

Plano Stowaways!
    Thoes426 :evil:

I like that idea….

IMG00097-20100824-2330.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m