Why isn't Mexico pro-allied neutral?

• Mexico didn’t enter the war until 1942, only a few months before pro-allied neutral Brazil entered the war.  Mexico had a foreign policy independent of the United States during this period.

• They didn’t want to do that in the P40 game, which had no neutrals except mongolia

• Like any Mexicans want to go to foreign Europeen war for the damn Gringo Yanquis!

• Customizer

For us history pedants I’m putting together a spreadsheet detailing the historical allegiances of each Global40 territory as of June 1st in 1939, 1940, 1941 & 1942.  May add December 1941 to this.

Some problems here, for example do I treat “Bessarabia” as Bessarabia proper (Romanian in 1940) or Transnistria?

Also, Poland in 1939: strict neutral or pro-Allied?  Can we treat the Soviet invasion of East Poland as Stalin “activating” a friendly territory?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

They didn’t want to do that in the P40 game, which had no neutrals except mongolia

Soviet Union.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

They didn’t want to do that in the P40 game, which had no neutrals except mongolia

That’s a retarded reason. There never should have been a pacific 1940. We should all be awaiting the release of the greatest game ever. One that was one game. Not two that happen to be able to combine although really the way they made it you would never know. Honestly here are the facts: Pacific 1940 (the game as we all know it to be a game with good ideas put into it but riddled with more errors and problems than you can shake a stick at) was produced for money and  packaging purposes, as well as a rough draft for europe 1940. they should have made them both perfect and cohesive and then released them at the same time.

• @Flashman:

For us history pedants I’m putting together a spreadsheet detailing the historical allegiances of each Global40 territory as of June 1st in 1939, 1940, 1941 & 1942.  May add December 1941 to this.

Some problems here, for example do I treat “Bessarabia” as Bessarabia proper (Romanian in 1940) or Transnistria?

Also, Poland in 1939: strict neutral or pro-Allied?  Can we treat the Soviet invasion of East Poland as Stalin “activating” a friendly territory?

lol just activating

• Mexico as a pro alllied nuetral would just make US have to walk into it first turn of the war.

Now if the US seems too strong too quick in the global game taking away a few bucks by ‘nuetralizing’ some wesrern hemisphere territories sounds like a good idea. Thank you

• They can walk into Brazil first turn as well.

• Another issue with G40, I have no idea what was going on with these people’s head with WWII knowledge. Mexico should be outright neutral and didn’t join the Allies until 1942. So why it’s part of the US is unknown.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I like the idea of neutral countries that can only be activated by specific powers; for example only Russia can activate Mongolia and only the US can activate a neutral Mexico and Brazil (heck include Liberia) once they are at war on the respective maps. It’s similar to the special custodianship ANZAC and UK Pacific have with Dutch Territories on the Pacific Map. As I am aware, the US cannot put a control marker on a Dutch territory unless the Japanese (or another Axis power) took it first.

Unless they’re attacked the first turn, the US will lose 3 IPC but it’s not a huge hassle to activate Mexico once at war.

As mentioned previously, Sierra Leone should be part of the UK already.

Persia should be pro-Axis, but only if USSR’s Spread of Communism bonus was modified to focus on Continental Europe (could just make it original German and Italian territories). To make up for this you could add another infantry in West India I guess.

• @Flashman:

My Global 1940 map analysis contains dates that might be useful for your project:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=36590.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m